Political positions and the displaying of the American flag

Do you display an American Flag at your residence?

• I'm a conservative and I display an American flag at my residence

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I'm a conservative and I do not display an American flag at my residence

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I'm not a conservative and I do not display an American flag at my residence

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I'm not a conservative and I display an American flag at my residence

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need another category:

"I'm not allied to 'liberal' or to 'conservative' and I enjoy very much displaying the American flag on holidays at my residence."

I had to vote in a less perfect answer, but could change it to be more accurate if you can add that to your poll.

hah hah. My choice could get more wordy, like to continue:

"...and I love it to see the flags of my neighbor and of the local park district waving in the wind, most days. Delightful!"

(clicks on choice happily)

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I need another category:

"I'm not allied to 'liberal' or to 'conservative' and I enjoy very much displaying the American flag on holidays at my residence."

I had to vote in a less perfect answer, but could change it to be more accurate if you can add that to your poll.

hah hah. My choice could get more wordy, like to continue:

"...and I love it to see the flags of my neighbor and of the local park district waving in the wind, most days. Delightful!"

(clicks on choice happily)

Yeah I went back and forth with options, but decided that picking one group and then having those who don't identify in such self-identifying category into the other bucket. Imperfect, but keeps the options down to less than multiple dozen...and even then someone was gonna feel excluded :p

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you display the American flag at your home? Why or why not?

I don't because my nation is the Kingdom of Heaven.

If I just flew the Christian flag, I know I'd get flack from the neighbors.

If I flew both flags, I'd have to fly the Christian flag higher, and that would draw flack as well.

It's not compatible with Christianity to do things just to draw that kind of attention.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It was never a family tradition in either my family or my husband's. My husband is a Vietnam vet with an Agent Orange disability however, and both of our fathers were WWII veterans.

I play at church services and always include patriotic hymns on or around patriotic holidays.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's just not something my family has ever really done, though my parents are very conservative. I've never had a desire to fly the flag. I actually wonder if people in other countries fly their flags so casually in their day-to-day lives like it seems to be here in the US. Every business and building seems to have a flag flying. Every sports event does the national anthem and flies the flag even if the competing teams are from the same town. I would understand in an international situation, but 2 high school football teams from 2 different schools in the same town? That seems really excessive.

Patriotism in this country is basically its own religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We have one because my wife likes it. If it were up to me, I probably wouldn’t fly it, partly because I don’t like flags and partly because when the wind kicks up, it gets caught on tree branches or on my security camera.

Upvote 0