Police: Shooter at Nashville Christian School Was Former Student and Had ‘Manifesto’ But ‘We Do Not Know Why She Targeted That Church’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The manifesto contained writings about other locations, and the police and FBI are still investigating.

A person who killed six people at a private Presbyterian Christian school in Nashville before being fatally shot by police wrote a manifesto that contained a map of the school and potential entry points, but a motive for the crime has yet to be determined, according to police.

Police confirmed the shooter was 28-year-old Audrey Hale, who was a biological female who identified as transgender and had previously attended Covenant School as a child. Police Chief John Drake said during a news conference Tuesday afternoon that the police do not believe the individual victims had been specifically targeted and that they are still not sure of the exact motive.

When asked whether Covenant School had been targeted for its Christian beliefs or whether there was any significance to the date of the attack, Drake said that is still unclear.

“I can’t confirm either,” Drake said. “I’m not sure [whether it is because] we’re approaching a holy period at Easter and all of that. I can’t confirm any of that. [We] do not know why she targeted that particular church. We do know she was a student at that church at one point but unsure right now if that was the reason why.”

Continued below.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She had a rationale to commit suicide by cop (because like most school shooters, she had no getaway plan). But as seems to be part of the mental makeup of such people, she also wanted to take as many people with her as possible before she was killed.

The school was close. The layout of the school was familiar. The school was soft (easy to penetrate and unguarded). The school had plenty of the kinds of defenseless victims that she wanted.

The school was the most feasible target for her purpose. It checked all the boxes.

Upvote 0