Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just leave them be, or beat them down, depends on how you look at it.

Why couldn't he just ticket her and be on his way? He can arrest her when she doesn't want to pay the ticket later on. Jaywalking isn't exactly the same as robbing a store or shooting somebody on the list of crime priority IMHO.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why couldn't he just ticket her and be on his way? He can arrest her when she doesn't want to pay the ticket later on. Jaywalking isn't exactly the same as robbing a store or shooting somebody on the list of crime priority IMHO.

True, but police are taught to escalate the situation.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
11002596_10153049021914870_5374154290913775478_n.jpeg

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Have any of you guys even watched the video of the interaction? Mach has a pretty strong Case if you watch the video The problem is how it is cut so we don't know the whole story. It just starts with her yelling at him and throwing the fact she is a professor around.

What is the proper way to act towards someone acting like what she appears to act like in the video?

Even with the link I provided, we don't have the beginning of the interaction. According to the article I posted, they officer initially addressed her because he hit her with his car while on the way to a different call. A lot of this comes down to who started it and how, which we may never know.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we let people jaywalk without a good beating next it's anarchy dogs and cats living together.

Notice that nobody has answered the question as to how the cop should have dealt with a professor refusing to cooperate after breaking the law

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He can't ticket her until she produces her ID

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
He can't ticket her until she produces her ID

She probably wasn't even aware she was breaking a law until he approached her. Jaywalking is barely enforced anymore. I see people jaywalk daily. Which is why this whole scenario seems weird to begin with.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She probably wasn't even aware she was breaking a law until he approached her. Jaywalking is barely enforced anymore. I see people jaywalk daily. Which is why this whole scenario seems weird to begin with.
Plus the sidewalk was blocked by construction.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He explained it to her. Her civic duty at that point is to produce her ID

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sea oat

Jul 30, 2010
✟8,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, the poor cop!

She FORCED him to beat her up, using her crazy Negro POWERS!

What a rich fantasy life some people have

^_^^_^^_^

How dare she walk across the street the wrong way, and expect not to get handcuffed, and thrown to the ground for that. Shoulda known her place, and said yessa massa.

^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It is unlawful for a person, after being advised that the person's refusal to answer is unlawful, to fail or refuse to state the person's true full name on request of a peace officer who has lawfully detained the person based on reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime. A person detained under this section shall state the person's true full name, but shall not be compelled to answer any other inquiry of a peace officer.
B. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.

This is not the same as being required to provide ID. Did she state her full name?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Your papers, please".

Who woulda thunk that it would be some of our friends on the Right supporting and cheering on government tyranny?

Well, who aside from everyone, that is...

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who woulda thunk that it would be some of our friends on the Right supporting and cheering on government tyranny?

Well, who aside from everyone, that is...

I've come to realize that for some, the definition of tyranny is "government actions that I don't like". If you use that definition of tyranny, then its easy to to see why forcing businesses to do business with the all the public is "tyranny", while throwing people to the ground for not crossing the street at government approved locations is not. The first action is not liked because it might affect me, while the second action is enjoyable to watch, because it's not happening to me or anyone like me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
He explained it to her. Her civic duty at that point is to produce her ID

The law states she has to say her true name, but it doesn't state how. Are you going to assume the statement of her true name implies showing an ID?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The law states she has to say her true name, but it doesn't state how. Are you going to assume the statement of her true name implies showing an ID?

If you don't show your ID, you're subject to arrest of a different kind than the simple jaywalking ticket.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
According to your link, the officer acted appropriately. Can't say the same for the professor

The police chief disagrees. I believe he called the officer "disgraceful".

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The police chief disagrees. I believe he called the officer "disgraceful".
Public pressure. That's all. Perhaps you can answer the question nobody else will. How should a policeman handle an uncooperative law breaker?

Upvote 0