• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pls help me

I

iluvtheSims

Thanks like sometimes it's hard to say things without offending someone, and they say I talk fast, loud, and I am rude/arrogant, but to me I'm not trying to be that way. Also I laugh during convos because I don't know how else to react, it's like when is the convo gonna be over? I do not know what else to do. Also why cannot I not look people in the eyes when they ask me? I do not know, it's highly disturbing to me, I just cannot do that. People say I am weird, dramatic, mean, arrogant, insensitive, and so forth but I honestly don't see how... It's like people don't realize I am just being me. I wonder in my mind, how can I fix this if I cannot see their point, ya know? Sometimes it hurts to not have friends, and people say cruel things like - no wonder you have no friends, and it makes you wonder, like yea so why don't I have friends? I feel overwhelmed like how can I fit my thoughts into a complete sentence, and get people to see I am not being mean, I am saying it nice... whats so wrong with my voice? Why and how is it not appropriate? How can I make it appropriate? I am always wondering about why, why this why that... I am tired of hurting people or saying jokes that are not funny, it's like you say I am rude or weird, well I do not honestly see how...

Upvote 0

MoeSzyslak

Sep 1, 2007
✟15,971.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When i was younger i was diagnosed with many disorders but I think they all truly are aspergers.

It's very possible. I was diagnosed with general anxiety, OCD and elective mutism decades before my aspergers diagnosis. I don't think they were bad diagnosis's. Just incomplete.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Very good questions and not questions that we find answers to quickly.

I too didn't use to look people in the eye, but over many years I've learned to. Now I love to look people in the eye. But I still notice I don't usually notice what they eye color is, so I guess even tho I'm looking I'm not seeing. But they don't know that!

How do you feel about looking yourself in the eye in a mirror?

Upvote 0
I

iluvtheSims

I too didn't use to look people in the eye, but over many years I've learned to. Now I love to look people in the eye. But I still notice I don't usually notice what they eye color is, so I guess even tho I'm looking I'm not seeing. But they don't know that!

What's weird is it bothers me to even look at my own eyes for too long in the mirror... Is that weird??

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks like sometimes it's hard to say things without offending someone, and they say I talk fast, loud, and I am rude/arrogant, but to me I'm not trying to be that way. Also I laugh during convos because I don't know how else to react, it's like when is the convo gonna be over? I do not know what else to do. Also why cannot I not look people in the eyes when they ask me? I do not know, it's highly disturbing to me, I just cannot do that. People say I am weird, dramatic, mean, arrogant, insensitive, and so forth but I honestly don't see how... It's like people don't realize I am just being me.

I share your pain here. Unless it's a super controlled environment and I have had time to mentally prepare, eye contact is distressing for me and causes uncontrollable flushing. I just want to fall into a hole in the floor and hide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

Wow. I didn't know the color of my own eyes until I was 17. I didn't know the color of my wife's eyes for the first couple of years we were together, and I couldn't tell you the color of my son or my daughters eyes. I have always wondered why I don't notice eye color at all. I don't know the color of my parents or my siblings eyes.

Upvote 0