Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fallen,

think of it like this...

Your girlfriend wears her seat belt whenever she is in the car. She wants you to wear yours as well. You know that it is safer to wear a seatbelt, and you want to please your girlfriend.

But you have lots of family and friends who don't wear seatbelts, think they are unnecessary. You also have family and friends who have died in car accidents...what if they could have lived if they had been wearing seatbelts?

The point is that after death, all that matters is YOU. If you rejected Christ and went to hell, you would not be partying with your dear friends. You would live in misery, wishing you had a chance to live again to spare those you love from the same thing. If you did accept Christ, you would live in such wonderous joy, with no sadness, fellowshipping with those who also love the Lord.

I believe that God gives all people a chance, even unto the time of their death. But what I am trying to tell you most of all, is that you should accept Christ because you believe and want forgiveness. Not for a girlfriend, not for family, not for social status,not for fear of hell, not for anything except that you know in your own soul that you have messed up and disobeyed what God wants us to do.

If you did accept Christ, I guarantee that with your compassionate spirit and love of those around you, you will make one great evangelist.
Amen! :amen:

Upvote 0

Digit

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2007
Australia
✟12,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not Christian but my girlfriend is shes very strongly Christian. I'm Scared that one day i will put in here a position of choosing between me and god and she will undoubtedly pick god. I dont know what i should do i tried believing but i cant because that would mean that i believe everyone I have ever loved who has died is burning in hell and i cant accept that. I have been soul searching but im so lost

Hey theforgottenfallen,

Welcome to CF. :)

First of all, being in a relationship where you don't share a common faith can be quite challenging and presents many problems. For instance, project yourself in the future to when you are married and have children. What happens when she wishes to give them a Biblical upbringing and education, it could cause a lot of issues and many don't become apparent until it's too late.

Secondly in regards to hell, I feel the version of hell you have is the Hollywood version. People die, get sent to hell and are tortured for eternity. That has no grounding in the Bible. I would suggest that you ask your girlfriend to begin teaching you about God and the Bible, and make up your own mind. Please make sure that what you adopt, is Biblical in nature, as anything else is a construct of man and not necessarily true, as in the instance of your view on hell.

There are many things like this, which we pick up from secular society. Sometimes they are small, like believing that the three wise men found Jesus in his manger, as the Christmas nativity scene depicts, yet in the Bible they found him in his home, playing. Others are larger, like the view on hell, and can cause a great deal of confusion and suffering when people truly believe that God would do this.

All the best! :)
Digit

Upvote 0

eolculnamo2

Jun 19, 2007
Alabama
✟15,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not Christian but my girlfriend is shes very strongly Christian. I'm Scared that one day i will put in here a position of choosing between me and god and she will undoubtedly pick god. I dont know what i should do i tried believing but i cant because that would mean that i believe everyone I have ever loved who has died is burning in hell and i cant accept that. I have been soul searching but im so lost

It makes no difference if you accept it or not. There's a truth. It's either God exists or he doesn't and that is not based on what you want to accept. Isn't it scarier to think that you may join them and may possibly bring your girlfriend down with you if it's true?

It's possible that some of the people you had known and loved are lost, but I know that you have people that you love now and you have the ability to save them for an eternity.

Try and accept God and believe.

Upvote 0

BeautifullyImperfect

Aka FaithlessSorrow & ChildOfGod15.
May 17, 2007
Visit site
✟9,362.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What im saying is that god already knows what im going to choose. So if he knows im going to choose wrong whats the point of creating me. For that matter whats the point of creating any babies in other religions. They don't have a choice but to accept there religion.
God knows if we're going to accept Him or not because He knows our heart better than anyone else could - He created us!

& there are plenty of people born into non-Christian families who become Christians later in life. I was raised in a Christian home and I wasn't a Christian until about 2 years ago.

Have you ever talked to your girlfriend about what she believes, like in detail? Have you asked her why she is a Christian, why she believes what she does?

Upvote 0

Musicology

Sep 18, 2006
✟15,259.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
AU-Greens
E-Beth and Littleredkiss484 - So what your saying is Religion (having love in Jesus Christ) is like a seatbelt and not having a Religion (no love in Jesus Christ) is like going head first through the windscreen of your car? What the... You've got to be joking... Thank GOD i drive a Subaru Outback( All wheel drive, ABS, Air bags front and side and side door, reinforced chassy, and all the extra safety features... =) Cheers Big Fella... I owe you one...

I have no connection to Christianity/Catholicism/Islam/Judaism/Bhuddism etc. I have a muslim girlfriend. I accept she has different beliefs about Muhammad/Allah/Jesus/Noah and all of the Characters and stories mentioned in The Koran/Bible to me. She accepts that i have different beliefs about Muhammad/Allah/Jesus/Noah and all of the Characters and stories mentioned in The Koran/Bible to her. We both love each other. We both have a lot of fun together. We both have a lot of fun with our and each others families. We both have a lot of our extended friendship group. We both have a lot of fun with separate friendship groups. We both have similar goals We both have differences. We both love each other. WE both have fun with and without each other. We both have degrees. We both have Jobs. We both have interests and hobbies (some the same some different). We both have music in our lives. We both like to eat doughnuts. We both enjoy reading a book at the local coffee shop. We both have a plethora of friends from a wide ranged of places (job, school, bball, music, art classes, different friendship groups etc). I'm a morning person, she's an afternoon person. I have the occasional drink, she doesn't. She prays everyday, i don't. She enjoys R'nB, i prefer acoustic. Did i mention we have been together for 7 and a half years? Has it been Hard? Yes. Has it been fun? YES!

Don't think because you havn't got a religion you are going to this place called Hell. Enjoy what you have got. don't miss what's right in front of you by worrying about a far fetched idea of Hell and other such fantasy lands. Cheerish all whom is around you. If you are a good friend to others, people will love you no-matter what your belief is. Don't think that differences are the end all of everything.

Love, Peace, Smile, Hug, Enjoy and Dance like Beatles have just got back together!

Musicology

P.S Have Fun!

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got to know Jesus gradually over several years, not having been brought up as a Christian, and it was only at the age of 18 I began to be concerned over the idea of hell and what was going to happen to my mum and dad, to my Nan and Granddad - and to me. Was I a real Christian? How would I feel if I got to heaven and I realised people had gone to hell. I couldn't comprehend how a loving God could allow such a place as hell or allow people to go there.

Gradually, over the years, my worries have subsided. I very much care about what will happen to people when they die, and I pray now for people to get to know God themselves. For them to have a change of heart. My mum is now a Christian. My husband is not; nor is my father, and yes, it hurts to think of them suffering in hell. However, I have prayed for them and I have seen changes in them. I don't think I would forget them if I were in heaven and they were not, but from what the Bible says about heaven, I will not feel the pain associated with loss.

I don't have an answer about why hell is there, what it is, and who goes there. I do know that God doesn't want anyone there and that none of us know who is in heaven.

I pray that you would gain a sense of peace over this issue and that you would begin to seek out God for yourself - ask your girlfriend about her experiences of God or speak to other Christians. I didn't 'hear' Him for years, but later realised that I had heard from him on occasions and have begun to hear from him more over time.

God bless you,

maharg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.