Mar 5, 2003
Currently living in Bakersfield; ready to go where
Visit site
✟8,064.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm on a personal mission of building my faith, and am looking for stories of others that have shown their faith and been rewarded, or just experienced something supernatural from God! I want to compile them into something encouraging for all of us. Please share your story - short or long, it doesn't matter, I just want to hear them all. :help:

inrsoul

Veteran
Dec 1, 2004
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well... To summarize.

The day my fiancee said that we're going to get married on a day we set, we have found no lack in the things needed for the wedding to happen. It's 93 days more but it's been blessed all the way.

We got the keys to our new apartment half the time of what it will normally take. We both did not borrow any money from our parents so far and we sure hope to keep it that way.

God provides (more than enough). :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
valorJ said:
I'm on a personal mission of building my faith, and am looking for stories of others that have shown their faith and been rewarded, or just experienced something supernatural from God! I want to compile them into something encouraging for all of us. Please share your story - short or long, it doesn't matter, I just want to hear them all. :help:

My grandfather got saved only three days before his end:wave: . After years of rejecting Jesus he accepted Jesus at the last chance he had.

To me, this is amazing.

:)

Reactions: peacechild4
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was Involved in a team who evangelised in Nursing Homes. The first time we went in we prayed that through what we said about Jesus some people's lives would be touched.

We went to the home and it was sad to see- elderly people, sick people, people who had strokes and couldnt speak, people moaning in pain or shreiking, people who had lost all their faculties etc.

We gave a message about Jesus, sang with them- one or two clapped their hands. Then we went and prayed with them. A good number of them accepted Jesus- some could only nod or squeeze your hand that they wanted Jesus and were saying the prayer, others just shreiked out 'Jesus', others were crying, one woman wanted to go to church.

It was a sight to see- really a last chance for some of them to be saved. Some of them did not have long to live.

:clap:

Reactions: walkin2e
Upvote 0

walkin2e

Sep 28, 2004
Blackshear, Georgia, USA
Visit site
✟17,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
GAS MONEY

Philippians 4.19: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

One Friday morning, I was supposed to go to a nearby nursing home to hold a service. I had been experiencing a particularly rough series of "testings" of my faith, and I was a little discouraged. I wondered how I could go preach when my circumstances were desperate. I knew that I had barely enough gas in my old Pontiac to get to the nursing home, and I had no money to buy food, let alone gas. So, I was particularly exasperated.

I said, "Lord, I'm just not going. No one appreciates what I do, and here I am preaching your word and broke as a broken door knob. On top of that, everything else is falling apart and you are supposed to help me. I'm just going to go get on that old tractor and mow. I'll forget about preaching."

I hadn't drove that tractor twenty feet, and suddenly fire shot out from the carburetor, and the tractor stopped. I said, "Okay Lord, I get the message. I'll go preach."

Someone had given me a citizens band radio, and I was thinking that after the nursing home service, I could go by the pawn shop and maybe get five or 10 dollars for it. That would be enough to buy gas to get back home.

I got dressed in one of my second hand suits, and drove on over to the nursing home. There at the door to greet me was Brother Dixon. As soon as he saw me, his face lit up, and he reached for my Bible. That was his job, to carry my Bible in his lap as I rolled his wheelchair to the small chapel. As soon as we begin singing, "Amazing Grace", the presence of the Lord filled that little chapel. The Lord gave me a message of encouragement and hope, and as the "Praise the Lords" and "Amens" rang out from those old raspy throats, and as feeble hands were raised up to heaven, I knew, that despite all the opposition of the enemy, I had won the victory and the Lord was pleased.

After the service, I drove the two miles to the pawn shop. In front of the shop, my old Pontiac spit, sputtered. and came to a halt. I was out of gas. I took the citizens band radio in the pawn shop. The pawnbroker took a look, and said, "I've got plenty of CBs, I don't need another one."

With crushed hopes, I walked out of the shop and onto the sidewalk. A middle aged woman came up to me and said, "I don't know why, but God just told me to give you five dollars." With a grateful heart and rejoicing in my spirit, I took this precious gift from God. Gas money to get back home! God made a way!

As tears came to my eyes, I thanked her and walked to the nearby gas station, borrowed their gas can, and bought the gas to make it back home.

The next day, I sold the CB radio for twenty dollars.

Hebrews 11.1: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Footnote. This happened in 1988, and I am still preaching at that same nursing home. All of those at that 1988 service are no longer there, but new ones are. Brother Daryl now waits for me at the door, and carries my Bible in his lap as Brother Dixon used to do. The Lord has also brought me a mighty long way, and blessed me to have a good vehicle. I suppose that over the years, I have traveled thousands of miles to that nursing home, and since that one time, I have never again ran out of gas.

2005, Irvin L. Rozier aka walkin2e

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0
A

AdonaiShalom

I think that the fact I am a Christian shows the power of prayer. I was a follower of yoga philosophy for quite a few years and I use to get into big thick discussions about God with a Christian friend of mine. That was about three years ago. And while yoga teaches that all paths are valid I think that, in truth, my heart was completely closed to Christianity. But from the moment we started talking, Em was praying for me. And now I'm a Christian - something that both Em and I could NEVER have imagined three years ago, even one year ago!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
walkin2e said:
Footnote. This happened in 1988, and I am still preaching at that same nursing home. All of those at that 1988 service are no longer there, but new ones are.

Hi:wave:

I have had some amazing experiences ministering in nursing homes. The people are open to the gospel, they are glad to see you when you come, they will listen and allow you to pray with them, you will ask you when you're coming back (their faces light up when you come), they are needy and often forgotten about.

They are needy and are open to hearing about God:thumbsup: . I have seen many coming to Jesus- even in their last year of life.

:clap: PTL!

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
knownbeforetime said:
My kitty (in the avi) was healed when I prayed for him.
As weird as this would have sounded to me a few years ago, my little black cat, Ty, was dying of intestinal lymphomic cancer a couple of years ago and was not expected to live but only a matter of weeks. I love that cat and my wife and me said, ‘Why not,’ laid hands on her and she is alive and healthy today. The vet is scratching his head and saying, Hmmmm?

Now, whether Ty is included in the atonement for sickness or not, I’ll leave that for the theologians to debate. But I do know God answers prayer, even the simplest prayer for the smallest thing. Still, it is His faithfulness and not my faith that is the crucial thing. It is God's faithfulness and not my faith that is the important thing.

~Jim

Upvote 0

valorJ

Mar 5, 2003
Currently living in Bakersfield; ready to go where
Visit site
✟8,064.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your stories are great guys! Keep them coming! They are so uplifting.

I'll share a blessing of my faith.

I was in a long distance relationship and my girlfriend and I kept talking about when one of us would make the move. I talked with my mom and friends, and everyone seemed kind of nonchalant about the situation, or had any real advice. I kept praying, and then one day on my way home from work I felt as though God was telling me to just move to where she lived. I didn't question or anything - I just called her up and told her I was moving down there! Two to three weeks later, I moved down into California, following my faith without questioning. I couldn't take any of my furniture, but God provided me with that as her parent's had just gone shopping, and basically had a whole bedroom set for me! Housing was available for me as I got in contact with my best friend from grade school. And a few weeks after that, I asked for prayer from our Crown financial class that I would find a job. The day after that... I had three jobs, haha. Now I'm only working two, which is time consuming to say the least. But now I'm in California, by God's hand, MUCH closer to the girl of my dreams. God will work everything out, I have faith in that for sure!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are so many witnesses of faith around me that it is hard to pick just a few.

My daughter divorced after 11 years of abuse - beat down to nothing - 3 years passed, she could not bring herself back to a joyful life again. I kept praying for God to heal her.

One day in church - in the middle of the sermon - there was about 700 people in church - the pastor said - "there is someone here need deliverance over a divorce" - my daughter being shy looked around to see who would be coming down to the alter. She was sitting there crying her eyes out and saying "God you have to take care of this - I can't handle it anymore" - the pastor said "I cannot continue until you come forth" - she finally got up and walked down the isle - the prayer warriors gathered around her prayed in the Spirit and she was delivered of unforgiveness and a broken heart.

My daughter's dog went missing, this dog was her only enjoyment during this 11 years of abuse and she was broken hearted. We prayed for 3 weeks that God would bring this dog back. The dog showed up at our house 7 miles away and had only been there one time - in a car. On his last legs, starving and beat up - but it was her dog.

My grandmother had diabetes - had one leg amputated - was in the hospital for amputation of the other leg - her foot was black from infection. we prayed that if she was going to die to please not allow this painful operation to go forth. The next morning the doctors came in and her foot was pink as could be and they did not operate - she died 3 days later.

Car had a flat tire - husband was ahead of me in the truck (we were moving) raining so hard he could not see that I was no longer behind him. I called for service and my husband had turned around to come find me and he drove up the same time the service man did. Raining so hard you could not see your hand in front of your face. I spoke to that storm that in the name of Jesus to stop and dissapate. The rain stopped - my husband and the service man fixed the flat - got back in the car and it poured again.

My daughter was in the path of a tornado - she called me 450 miles away - screaming pray mom, pray I'm getting hit by a tornado - it had come up suddenly and was hailing so bad she could not get out. The floor in her kitchen had risen about 5 inches - she was about to take flight. Her neighbor ran and laid in the ditch to get out of danger (they lived in mobile homes) the neighbor saw what happend - the tornado came up to her trailer and split and went up both sides of the mobile home taking the skirt off and that was the only damage - it hit on both sides of her.

My mother was dying - she had turned ashen white and the look of death was on her - I told God I did not want to remember her like that - her face started turning pink in different places until finally it was pink all over - she opened her eyes, gave me a big smile and breathed her last breath.

Worked with a girl that had migraines all the time - I just rubbed her shoulders and ask God to heal her (never spoke outloud or said anything) - she came to my desk a few minutes later and ask me what I said - I told her I just ask for her healing, the headache was immediately gone - she never had another headache.

I could go on and on - I am always amazed when the miracles happen right before my eyes. I love it.

Reactions: walkin2e
Upvote 0

kaljay

Feb 16, 2006
✟15,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Years ago i worked away from home and met up with a girl who i became friends with. I had told her i was a christian but i got slagged to bits for it, she really gave me a hard time for being a christian.
I met her by accident recently and she told me that she has been a christian now for about 5 years.

You just don't know how God can use your life to affect others.

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The most recent one was 2 weeks ago.. my Pastor was praying for us at the end of our Sunday service.. When He laid hands on me, He said Jesus says He is very happy and loves the way you dance with Him at home.. He said not many people take the time to do that for Him.. I was slain in the Spirit with those words..

When I got off the floor.. Pastor said, I didn't know you danced for Jesus at home.. I said no one did.. not even my hubby.. God is the only one who knew..

It was such affirmation of the other prophesies of how God is going to use me that pastor gave me that day..

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was saved in 1964 and by the end of 1966 was pastoring my first church. I did not know my Bible, the correct Pentecostal jargon, not even the hymns in the hymnal. I was a pure novice. But I was a 24-year-old baby at the helm of a little church because what I may have lacked in qualifications I sure made up for in zeal.

I kept hearing preachers who who had this running conversation with God. Preachers would say, “One day the Lord spoke to me and said … Then I said … Then He said …” And honest-to-God dialog. So I asked God, “So, then, Lord, why don’t you talk to me?”

One afternoon, I was driving and I demanded, “Okay, God, You are going to talk to me. Take me to someone who really needs You and I will witness to them.”

Not having a clue what I was doing I headed out in the country and came to crossroad. “Okay, what do I do?” I asked a silent God. “Left, right, or straight ahead?” Okay, I said, frustrated. Straight ahead. Another crossroad. Prayed. Waited. Left. Another crossroad … Right … the Straight … then Straight agian ... and so on.

After about a half-hour I was miles out of town and passed a little farm house. An old man in overalls was sitting on his porch. He waved at me and I wondered, “Could this be it?” So, I turned around, drove up the driveway and introduced myself to the man. His name was Estes “Bug” Treadaway. We talked for a while and eventually I popped the Eternal Question. He laughed, reached over and slapped my arm gently and said, “Young man, I appreciate your enthusiasm but I don’t believe in all that religion sh*t.”

I was shocked, disheartened and so I crawled back to my car and had a discouraging ride home. I had learned one big lesson in about being foolish. I had asked God to guide me and by faith I had trusted He would. But it looked like I was just an idiot and a spiritual clod, too boot.

Two days later, I am standing in front of the church of our little town of 1,200 population talking to one of the members. While we were talking a funeral procession drives by. “Who died?” I asked the member. “Old Bug Treadaway,” he said. “He had a heart attack day before yesterday sitting out on his front porch.”

I learned more than one lesson that day.

~Jim

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband had a friend and by all appearances he was not saved - the Lord led me to give him one of my poems dealing with salvation - because my husband worked with him - I held back and did not do it - he died within a week or so - talk about feeling awful.

Then a couple years later - another of his friends came to visit and the Lord put upon my heart to again give him a poem - I ask my husband and he said sure - he gave it to him and found out he could not read - but he had taken it to someone to read to him - the next week he was out working in the oil field alone - had a heart attack and died. Well I was so glad I obeyed this time.

We have to have the faith that God is leading us and it is not our desire - but His.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not long ago, being recently saved myself, I began having the urge to tell old friends about Jesus and plant a seed in their minds and hearts about the Gospel. I ran around with a wild bunch, and as far as I know I'm the first and only one to have given that life up and be saved. Though I had a great intention to do this, I feared that I didn't have the words to say, that they wouldn't listen to me.

I got a call from a friend one night, who began telling me that she'd been having panic attacks and major anxiety just from walking out her door. She went on to tell me about a few times when these things happened to her, then went on to tell me that she'd pick up the Bible at night, and while reading it, she found comfort in it. We started talking about church, and I invited her to come along, but she went on to tell me that she was too afraid to take that long a trip. I told her that even if it's the worst trip in the world, I promise you that it'll be the best trip back if you'll just work up the courage to come along. Bring your Bible if you believe that will help. At about that time, my spirit got the best of me - I started spouting out God's promises and verses of scripture and things that I can't even remember, what came to mind for me was the verse talking about rivers of flowing water coming from you, and I was certain that that was what I was experiencing. God knew just what she needed to hear, and He laid those words on me, it seemed. I could hear her voice breaking up over the phone, obviously touched by the words, sniffling, I could tell she was crying. She told me that she really, really wanted to be saved, but didn't know how. She had it in her mind that she had to be at an altar in church.

I told her that she could be saved RIGHT NOW. I went on and asked her a few questions. Do you believe that Jesus is the living Son of God? Yes. Do you believe that Jesus died and rose again on the third day? Yes. Do you accept Him as your living Lord and Savior, and know that He is the only way to Heaven? Yes. These things confirmed I told her that I'll give her a few moments, that she said go to a quiet place in her house and voice these things out loud to God with a sincere heart, and she will be saved right then and there. So she did.

She came back, and I could literally feel discouragement of some kind over the phone. I didn't take it to heart, this was my queue to fight discouragement with comfort. I told her that now, she'd be going the same place I'm going when we leave this world. I told her that all her sins have been washed away, and she's a living child of God now. I told her that if she offers her worries to Christ that He will deliver her. I told her that she never has to worry again. I could hear her beginning to weep again, as she said 'Blake, just as you were telling me those things, tears came to my eyes and I felt a great warmth inside'. Sure enough, with that confirmation, I felt it too! I told her that it was the Holy Spirit of God coming to live with her since she had accepted Him with her heart. I told her that you can't please God with words, and that He sees the heart of men. There was no more discouragement. With happiness in her voice she thanked me, and told me she needed to go lay down and think. So she did.

This was confirmation to me that, if we have the desire to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to anyone, even though we fear we might not have the words to say, God will give us the words to speak. After I hung up the phone I was on fire for the Lord, praising Him, thanking Him, shouting and all. I felt like Moses on the mountain, when God assured him that even though he had 'a slow tongue', God made the mouths of men - and God surely can use any one of them for His will.

Another story of faith is when God laid it on my heart to fast for 24 hours, and get into the Word. So I did nothing but drink water that day and if I remember correctly I read the Book of Matthew. I love that book. But anyways...

The next morning I got a call from an old friend I hadn't heard from in quite some time. I'd been praying to hear from her for awhile to know that she was alright, and simple as it was, I knew it was a blessing from God. Since then I've learned that there's nothing we get in this life that isn't His blessing. Praise God.

The morning after my baptism I woke up to an email from a friend I hadn't heard from in over 6 months. We'd parted ways because he was a devout Christian and I, well... I was a druggie. I found that pretty amazing, that even though he didn't know I'd been saved, baptized and changed my life since then, God did.

Very powerful testimonies, everyone. I look forward to reading more of them!

Upvote 0

walkin2e

Sep 28, 2004
Blackshear, Georgia, USA
Visit site
✟17,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Psalm 37.25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."

During a period of unemployment the money was scarce. I was a single parent with three growing children to feed. As I read my Bible that morning, the above scripture spoke to my heart. We were down to a couple of cans of beans and some grits. I went to the Lord and asked Him to send us some money to buy food or send us some groceries, someway, somehow. I told no one except the Lord about the extreme lack of food.

That evening, the children and I went to church. It was a good time of worship of the Lord. When the service ended, most of those in attendance gathered around the altar and made our requests known to God. As I rose from my knees, I had the peace that passes all understanding and the blessed assurance that everything was going to be okay. This event happened right before Thanksgiving.

When we arrived home, one of my daughters entered the house, and I heard her shout, "Praise the Lord!" I went in and looked on the table. It was practically groaning from the load of groceries piled on it. I opened the refrigerator and it too was full. God had moved on someone to help us in our time of need. That person has a great reward in Heaven! This event not only increased my faith but helped my children's faith increase. God is faithful!

Luke 11.3 "Give us day by day our daily bread."

Irvin L. Rozier, aka walkin2e

Upvote 0

vanilla8

He is wise, who is wise through God
Oct 16, 2005
Scotland, Shetland Islands
✟11,954.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Around this time last year, my husband had been made redundant and things were very tight. One time we had a little money and only enough food for the next day but no money coming in for another for 3 or 4 days. My husband went to the shop to buy some stuff and asked for 10 pounds cashback, the last of our cash. The lady in front had asked for 40 pounds cashback, and the shop assistant had gotten confused and absentmindedly gave my husband the same amount. Oh the temptation! But he was very honest and gave the money back.
That was on a friday, on the sunday evening we were at church when one of our friends came up and handed me an envelope. I thanked her and was a bit puzzled, when we got into the car I opened it and there was 50 pounds in it! We hadn't told anyone that we needed money and had agreed not to ask relatives or anyone to help us, but to rely on God alone, and He was so faithful!

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Glad you "resurrected" this sweet thread.

I have so many things from just the past couple of months. I've been working with a group to do what we could to help those Christians we know who are struggling!

One woman's car died a final death and was towed away. We heard $5,000 and with that word and exact amount we found her a handicapped van with low mileage and a wheelchair and lift. :bow:

An old male friend of mine - he's a retired Catholic monk who left disillusioned and became evangelical and has a very tiny social security check - anyway, we heard $250/month and began giving that to him and he cried because he had just figured that if he wanted to eat and pay his monthly bills he needed $250 more per month.

So many "right now - just at the right time words"! The more we operate in faith, the more faith we have and the more others' faith is built!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.