Please pray: I need a full-time job ASAP!

Prayer_Warrior83

Mar 28, 2005
Logan, Queenland, Australia
Visit site
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings,

Here's the situation: at roughly this time last year, I graduated from University with a B.Arts in English Literature and Studies in Religion. My ambition was to have a career in the creative writing sector (whether it be publishing or working in retail with bookstores). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any work.

I have however been doing volunteer work with a major 2nd-hand clothing charity shop which has allowed to grow in my faith in addition to doing some lifestyle evangelism (when you're in the staff room with pen, paper and a bible preparing a youth group lesson, people notice).

I have been able to have four interviews with prospective employers, none fruitful. I have also been discriminated (though not admittedly by the potential employer) against for my committments to my church and having mild cerebral palsy, despite the fact that I can perform the necessary task as well as the next person.

I really need to find a full-time job before August 15 otherwise Social Security will... who knows?

Your prayers that I will a) find full-time work, b) grow in talents and giftings c) fulfill my original ambitions and most importantly d) Give utmost glory to God, will be highly welcomed and appreciated.

God bless and thankyou,

Ben

Prayer_Warrior83

Mar 28, 2005
Logan, Queenland, Australia
Visit site
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank God that as of this week, I will be beginning a Certificate III in Business Office Admin at TAFE (the australian equivalent of community college).
It's a great relief to for now stop the painful hours after hours each week of having to go to to Social Security and log every position I applied for, only to be rejected again and again.

However I'm still praying for a position with one of the most prominent bookstores in Brisbane for the role of a full-time retail assistant. You can read the details here: http://jobs.careerone.com.au/texis/jobsearch/print.html?id=42fcc9c448d7b0
This is actually the fourth time I've applied for a position at this store; another by email, one by snail mail in response to an ad asking the same thing last year and the other by simply walking in there one afternoon and giving my CV to the person at the counter. For some reason I feel that this is a place I shouldn't give up on when asking for a job.
On Sunday night after church, rather than taking my usual route of taking the ferrie from the University to the South Bank to get the train to my suburb, I felt an urging instead go into the city, lay my hands on the actual bookshop and pray. After a quick snack, I walked across the street and found that the shop was closed for the night. So I actually sat down on the doorsteps, took out my Bible to Colossians 3:22-24 and spent the next forty-five minutes in one of the deepest prayers I've ever said out loud despite the looks of onlookers who passed by until my phone rang and my parents asked why I wasn't home yet.

But throughout the whole time of praying in public, I was overwhelmed by such a strong sense of joyful hope that wasn't just limited to asking for God to grant me favor in the area of a job, but also for the Holy Spirit to touch the heart of the Human Resources leader herself.

While I'm grateful that I've been able have an easy enrollment at TAFE, I feel that God would receive the greater glory if I got the job at the bookshop mainly because of my own ambitions to be a sucessful author in addition to the fact that he was so willing to allow the Holy Spirit to bring the inspiration it did on Sunday night. If given the opportunity, I would gladly cancel my TAFE enrollment and start the job ASAP.

Can I pleeeeeease ask that you pray in agreement for me in this area, as the last thing I want is for this chance to slip away during this season of blessing.

Love and God Bless,

Ben

Upvote 0