• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please pray for wisdom

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have high blood pressure and I am getting over a cold. Yesterday at work I went upstairs to get some packages and then I started coughing, and then between that and picking the packages up off the floor I started getting dizzy. Now I have had some issues with orthos tactic hypotension and with light-headedness when coughing, so on the one hand I wanted to dismiss it, but then I started to worry that it was my heart. I love the anonymity of the Internet so I can complain about this stuff. Anyway I could use some prayer.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have high blood pressure and I am getting over a cold. Yesterday at work I went upstairs to get some packages and then I started coughing, and then between that and picking the packages up off the floor I started getting dizzy. Now I have had some issues with orthos tactic hypotension and with light-headedness when coughing, so on the one hand I wanted to dismiss it, but then I started to worry that it was my heart. I love the anonymity of the Internet so I can complain about this stuff. Anyway I could use some prayer.

:heart: Praying Christie (((hug)))

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Praying sister.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hope, that was beautiful! Thanks so much for posting this. I didn't listen to it earlier because I wanted to be home and use Wi-Fi. In the light of a new day and since I felt well yesterday, I am less worried about my health. But I realize part of my anxiety is just good old fashioned fear of death, which we all have to face. Concentrating on my faith and doing things that are on my heart will help with this, I think. I think I will listen to this song every day for awhile.

• Prayers
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:heart: Praying Christie (((hug)))
Thanks so much for your support, Brinny. I am feeling better today and I plan to see my doctor after Christmas. Also it gave me a little jolt of the fear of death, which can be a good thing if it reminds me to be grateful for every day, to live life to the fullest, and take care of any resentments I have. God is so good.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Praying sister.
Thanks so much. As I said to the others, I feel better today and I hope to use this experience to draw closer to God. If I hadn't reached out for prayer, I don't think I would be feeling this gratitude and reminder to prioritize things that last, like God and our loved ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks so much for your support, Brinny. I am feeling better today and I plan to see my doctor after Christmas. Also it gave me a little jolt of the fear of death, which can be a good thing if it reminds me to be grateful for every day, to live life to the fullest, and take care of any resentments I have. God is so good.

:heart: You are most welcome. Continuing to pray. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks so much. As I said to the others, I feel better today and I hope to use this experience to draw closer to God. If I hadn't reached out for prayer, I don't think I would be feeling this gratitude and reminder to prioritize things that last, like God and our loved ones.
You're welcome sis, Merry Christmas :).

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0