Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have just come across a site called "truecatholic" (not sure I can link it), but suffice to say they have an American pope called "Pius XIII" and consider John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II to be false popes.

Let's pray for God to forgive their insults against Him, by having a false conclave, a false pope and openly denying the true Church.
May them receive enough graces to walk away from the evil they have already done.

Mea Culpa

Mar 18, 2004
✟35,541.00
Faith
Christian
Huh. I never heard of these guys! I heard of the Old Roman Catholic Church, the Old Catholic Church, the Old Orthodox Catholic Church, but not this one.

http://www.truecatholic.org/index.html#siteinfo

It is strange. The Old Roman Catholic Church has their own leader too, and they call themselves the true Catholics as well.

I don't know what causes these kinds of divisions, other than man himself. We create so much of this mess, more so than anything else.

It is sad, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah---the anitipope is named Lucian Pulvermacher, if I recall correctly. :)

I nearly cracked up when I read that their "conclave" to elect their antipope was held in a clapboard cabin in Montana. ^_^

Shades of the unabomber........

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What would the Apostle Paul say about this situation, if he were here? Let's have a look

1 Corinthians 1:2-13
To the church Catholic, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus,
that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge,
even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you,
so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.
For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, that there are quarrels among you.
Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am Old Catholic," and "I of SSPX," and "I of Sedavacantists," and "I of Christ."
Has Christ been divided? Bishop Lefevre was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Pius XIII?

Biblical language modified from the original, but I believe that the point is intact.

Anyone think that schism is not evil?, or that it is not merely the pride of man that causes it?
I believe that God tolerates schism because of the hardness of the heart of man, God can save whomever He wants, but God did not cause the schism. His prayer was for us to be one, just as Christ and the Father are one.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Lifesaver said:
Please pray for this horrible group of heretics.
...May them receive enough graces to walk away from the evil they have already done.
Main Entry: den·i·grate
Pronunciation: 'de-ni-"grAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -grat·ed; -grat·ing
Etymology: Latin denigratus, past participle of denigrare, from de- + nigrare to blacken, from nigr-, niger black
1 : to cast aspersions on : [size=-1]DEFAME[/size]
2 : to deny the importance or validity of : [size=-1]BELITTLE[/size]
5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination (Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, etc.) will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Upvote 0

marciadietrich

Senior Veteran
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
✟21,060.00
Faith
Catholic
Fr. Rick, I know "horrible group of heretics" isn't exactly a compliment, but if I recall the truecatholic site says some pretty bad (indeed horrible) things of Pope John Paul (basically that he's an antiChrist and of Satan) and anyone/anything post Vatican II is of Satan. They are at least schismatic. Heresy is simply post-baptismal denial of an article of faith. I'm not sure they are heretical technically speaking (they don't deny the doctrine of the papacy, they just deny JPII is Pope), but certainly from a Catholic point-of-view (OBOB viewpoint) they are schismatic at the least.

A bit harsh of a reaction to a group that has a harsh view of the Church in union with Pope JPII... but I don't think this is a rules violation. I could point to a site such as jesus-is-lord.com and say it is horrible, which it is. Say it is heretical, which it is. Best to just ignore it though unless someone brings it up.

Marcia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.