Please pray for my sleep to become normal.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
All of my life, I've been a "night owl". But it's getting worse than it has been. I don't go to sleep until 4am and I don't get up until 2-3pm. I'm having a hard time getting stuff done because everything is closed. I'm really frustrated right now.
Also, I'm supposed to be on the diabetic drug Ozempic, but it's out of stock because people are using it for weight loss instead. Please pray I can get some this week because I'm out.
Thank you!
CJ

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something that really helps is ensuring that you wake up early enough to sit in the morning sun for 10-30 minutes which will reset your internal clock and remind your body the difference between day/night and appropriate sleep times. Magnesium can also help, apparently.

I can relate. I have insomnia and have had it very bad all my life. I'm going through a chronic spate of it now.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Magnesium can also help, apparently.
Magnesium helps me. Magnesium has a relaxing effect on the body. An hour or so before my desired bedtime, I take 2 teaspoons of a powdered magnesium supplement (Natural Vitality Calm) in a glass of water. By doing this at the same time, night after night, I find myself getting back into my regularly desired sleep pattern.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All of my life, I've been a "night owl". But it's getting worse than it has been. I don't go to sleep until 4am and I don't get up until 2-3pm. I'm having a hard time getting stuff done because everything is closed. I'm really frustrated right now.
Also, I'm supposed to be on the diabetic drug Ozempic, but it's out of stock because people are using it for weight loss instead. Please pray I can get some this week because I'm out.
Thank you!
CJ
I have learned something that I'll share with you - maybe it will be helpful; maybe not. It is not what you're asking for, but nevertheless here it is:
We are all living in a broken world, in a broken culture, in wounded and darkened bodies and souls. All of that brokenness is not "normal", it is abnormal. I have learned that one aspect of God as Healer, is that He allows trials - even very difficult trials - to come upon us not to hurt but to heal us. Trials are opportunities, but if we translate trials into problems to solve or eliminate, we miss a message that God has given to us.
In other words, could God be saying something to you in this trial? Is He inviting you into something very different, better and truly closer to what is truly "normal"? Could this very different (and unwelcomed) schedule that is forced upon you, be an invitation to do something different with the time you have in a 24-hour day?
This was offered just as a suggestion. This, however, is a Truth: God is always working good, "to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28). If God is inviting you into something different to do with your time, it is surely good.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
fide--I accept this suffering and will offer it up. I understand this is another trial for me. (And I understand we must have trials.) It's just that I can't get anything done because by the time I pull myself together, all the offices, some stores and laundromats are closed. Hard to get stuff done.

Mourning Dove--I will look into magnesium. I tried melatonin, but it didn't work after the first week.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and advise!

• Prayers
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I can relate. I have insomnia and have had it very bad all my life. I'm going through a chronic spate of it now.
I will pray for you too!

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will pray for you. Please pray for me, too as I've been having sleep issues,(insomnia) as well, along with anxiety(probably caused by lack of good sleep.
I never had problems sleeping before.
I have always been a natural night owl, but since I have to be to work early in the morning I can't sleep in.
Melatonin does work sometimes, but it can stop working after a few nights. Our bodies can build a tolerance to over the counter sleep aids.
Our bodies are supposed to produce melatonin naturally, so the advice to get good early morning sun is good, oit supposedly resets the body to produce it at night.
I have read that getting out in the early morning sun can reset the body clock but in some parts of the country that isn't always possible due to weather.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I will pray for you. Please pray for me, too as I've been having sleep issues,(insomnia) as well, along with anxiety(probably caused by lack of good sleep.
I never had problems sleeping before.
I have always been a natural night owl, but since I have to be to work early in the morning I can't sleep in.
Melatonin does work sometimes, but it can stop working after a few nights. Our bodies can build a tolerance to over the counter sleep aids.
Our bodies are supposed to produce melatonin naturally, so the advice to get good early morning sun is good, oit supposedly resets the body to produce it at night.
I have read that getting out in the early morning sun can reset the body clock but in some parts of the country that isn't always possible due to weather.
I will pray for you too! My mom said as an infant, I slept during the day and was up all night. Guess some things never change. But it definitely gets better or worse.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I like to listen to UCB1 Radio (United Christian Broadcasters) or Premier Praise, in the UK, whenever I can't sleep. Or I like to listen to Audio Bible. I discovered a Dramatised version of the NIV Bible the other month and I put it on a 30 min sleep timer. Listening to how I imagine our Father God or Jesus would speak is comforting. His Word comforts me.
I listen to Gregorian Chats on YouTube. Sometimes that helps me sleep. Or I have on EWTN (Catholic TV).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
fide--I accept this suffering and will offer it up. I understand this is another trial for me. (And I understand we must have trials.) It's just that I can't get anything done because by the time I pull myself together, all the offices, some stores and laundromats are closed. Hard to get stuff done.
I've discovered a place that's open 24/7/365, and the best deals are available between 2 and 4 AM! At least, that's when I discovered His holy grace most quietly, most personally, most freely poured out.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I listen to Gregorian Chats on YouTube. Sometimes that helps me sleep. Or I have on EWTN (Catholic TV).

Cool! :cool:

By nature, I am a night person also. As a working person all my life, working a daytime job, I needed to discipline myself to become a "day" person. And it was okay; my first husband was VERY much an earlybird, so that helped 'train' me, lots!

I can admit (confess?), I have just 'succeeded' in becoming a full-blown 'night' person ... being up thru the nite, and sleeping during most the day. But with my husband's death in April, my whole "routine" has changed. I was wife, caregiver, chauffeur, chief cook and bottle washer, etc. ... and it is now like I am out of a job!!! The daytime hours are very lonely, with him gone. But the loneliness does not bother me so much at night ...

This won't be a 'forever' situation. It won't be long before I 'train' myself back to being more active during the day. But for now, since I am able to do it, I've decided not to 'fight' what is happening. It is helping me, to get me thru my grief ...

I 'get' everything you are saying. Doctor appointments, errands, etc., just can't all be done at night! lol
So ... I pray for you, so that you can get the rest you need, and yet also accomplish what needs done during the day.

While most of us do need to sleep during the night, it does seem that God can also use the very quiet hours of the night ... early morning ... to do a work in our soul with us. That appears to be happening with me right now, and I am very grateful to Him to have the luxury of 'free schedule' at this time so as to have the quiet hours of the night to be more receptive to Him ...

Sometimes we get revelation in the night, when all the world is quiet ...

:rose:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Cool! :cool:

By nature, I am a night person also. As a working person all my life, working a daytime job, I needed to discipline myself to become a "day" person. And it was okay; my first husband was VERY much an earlybird, so that helped 'train' me, lots!

I can admit (confess?), I have just 'succeeded' in becoming a full-blown 'night' person ... being up thru the nite, and sleeping during most the day. But with my husband's death in April, my whole "routine" has changed. I was wife, caregiver, chauffeur, chief cook and bottle washer, etc. ... and it is now like I am out of a job!!! The daytime hours are very lonely, with him gone. But the loneliness does not bother me so much at night ...

This won't be a 'forever' situation. It won't be long before I 'train' myself back to being more active during the day. But for now, since I am able to do it, I've decided not to 'fight' what is happening. It is helping me, to get me thru my grief ...

I 'get' everything you are saying. Doctor appointments, errands, etc., just can't all be done at night! lol
So ... I pray for you, so that you can get the rest you need, and yet also accomplish what needs done during the day.

While most of us do need to sleep during the night, it does seem that God can also use the very quiet hours of the night ... early morning ... to do a work in our soul with us. That appears to be happening with me right now, and I am very grateful to Him to have the luxury of 'free schedule' at this time so as to have the quiet hours of the night to be more receptive to Him ...

Sometimes we get revelation in the night, when all the world is quiet ...

:rose:
I can relate. When I was taking care of my late husband, I was more 'on schedule' than I am now.

• Friendly
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will pray for your sleep to normalize. It is very coincidental how I saw this thread today, given that I have recently encountered a severe sleep problem myself. I take a medication that makes me very drowsy at first, but only lets me sleep 2 or 3 hours. It makes me incapable of figuring out when to take it. I can't handle this anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I will pray for your sleep to normalize. It is very coincidental how I saw this thread today, given that I have recently encountered a severe sleep problem myself. I take a medication that makes me very drowsy at first, but only lets me sleep 2 or 3 hours. It makes me incapable of figuring out when to take it. I can't handle this anymore.
I will pray for you tonight. :crosseo:

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!
CJ

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!
CJ

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, you should do this! Get some anointing oil and then anoint your bed (the headboard) and pray that nothing evil can come near the bed and also pray for restful sleep while in bed! This helps alot! I did this and there was previously alot of oppression on me while I was lying in bed but it is now completely gone!

If you do not have any anointing oil you can make your own! Just get some olive oil or vegetable oil and then put it in a cup, then lay your hands on the cup and pray for God's power and anointing to be on it and that the oil becomes anointing oil! Then you can use it! Also you can use it to anoint yourself for healing if you need it, just say "Lord God I anoint myself for healing in the name of Jesus and I pray for complete healing in my mind, brain, and body." Then put some oil on your forehead! I have done this numerous times and I got healed of something every time, it helps alot!
Thank you!
CJ

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0