Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers. They truly mean a lot. And honestly, that's all I was looking for. It's the most powerful thing I can ask of anyone, their prayers. I believe we'll get through this, things just look very scary right now. Knowing I have all of you praying for us is a great comfort and a true blessing.

How can we help? beside pray... will you accept help?

Yes, I will.

It took me 4 hours to summon the courage to write that. 4 hours ago was when I got off work and read through this thread. You all reduced me to tears more than once. I'm so grateful to you all.

And my first instinct was to say no. Thank you but no.

For three reasons. First, the internet is full of sob stories that are just lies. I'd hate to be thought of as a nigerian scam artist. The second reason, the bigger one, is that I feel like a failure. How am I failing to provide for my family? How can I admit that by accepting help? And the third reason is imposing on friendship. I'm someone who has just never done that.

So benedictaoo's question to me was very poignant: Will you accept help?

Every part of me wanted to say no. And for selfish reasons. But my children are more important than my pride, so yes, I'll accept help. With gratitude and sincere thanks.

I have a paypal account, but I'm not sure how it works. I've only sent money, never received. I think it's my registered email that's needed

dmpembroke@live.ca

But please, nobody feel obligated. It's your prayers that mean more than anything. I love you all. :hug:

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother--- what a blessing it is for us to be able to help you in this way. I know our human minds tell us "we've failed" but please see this as a blessing from the Lord. We ARE family. I was just reading the Bible this morning where Jesus asks "Who is my Mother, my brothers, and my sisters?". He answered saying all who believe in God are a part of His family and as family we are called to care for one another. If this is how some of us can care for you, your wife, and your children--- our heavenly family--- then we are more than willing to help :)

As a 5th grade teacher, we're having some difficulty with bullying this year. It's very sad to see and the students are actually extending the bullying to even the teachers (myself included). It's very painful to see our youth acting like this--- the love for one another wavering at such a very young age. I'm blessed to see your children flourishing in a better environment and I will continue to pray for their happiness at school :)

:hug:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I love them so much. My wife, a woman who chose me to be the person she spends her life with. Her amazing daughter, just seven when I came into her life, she's grown and independant now. And the seven kids we've had in the last 14 years.

We had to move 2 years ago, from Quebec where we lived, to Nova Scotia. My wife is Inuit and I'm not. The kids were tortured everyday because they were different. They cried every day because they were bullied. They were laughed at, hit, had things thrown at them. All because they were only half Inuit. Every day.

When we told them we were moving my youngest in school at the time asked me if we'd still have to be 'Pembrokes' in Nova Scotia. That's our surname. A swear word in that town. My heart was torn apart.

Now they're in Nova-Scotia, and have blossomed. Nobody hates them anymore. They're not being tortured anymore. They're eager to head out of the door in the morning instead of so fearful they make themselves sick.

But we're about to lose everything. The bank sent a foreclosure notice to us. I called them and worked out a deal. We are 4 months behind, and they've agreed to let us pay 2 months at a time until we're caught up.

Our phone was cut off last week, and we had it reconnected with the promise to pay the past due this week. Haven't been able to pay internet for 3 months. Power for 4 months. It's all crashing in. I've visited a food bank for the first time in my life.

My wife is looking for work, my work is not enough, please, please pray that she finds a job.

And please pray that we get through this. My kids deserve something good in their lives, they've been through enough..

Thank you all.

Oh i'm sooooooo sorry......that is heartbreaking.....i can relate in sooo many ways...my daughters are of mixed heritage....

Lifting you and your wife, and children and all concerning your finances, up to Abba. ((((((hug))))))))

Upvote 0

Rebekah30

Apr 9, 2007
floating on Ceres
✟13,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. Praying all your needs will be supplied to the fullest. Praying for peace of mind you you and your wife. Praying for your beloved children, that they will never ever would have to go through what they did at one time.

But my children are more important than my pride, so yes, I'll accept help.
That is right!
Sometime down the road you will be able to help someone else out of thanksgiving and love when this is all over.

Upvote 0

Gazelle

JESUS Lover of My Soul. JESUS I Will Never Let Go!
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
On My Pink Cloud Looking Down!!!
✟551,714.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers. They truly mean a lot. And honestly, that's all I was looking for. It's the most powerful thing I can ask of anyone, their prayers. I believe we'll get through this, things just look very scary right now. Knowing I have all of you praying for us is a great comfort and a true blessing.

Yes, I will.

It took me 4 hours to summon the courage to write that. 4 hours ago was when I got off work and read through this thread. You all reduced me to tears more than once. I'm so grateful to you all.

For three reasons. First, the internet is full of sob stories that are just lies. I'd hate to be thought of as a nigerian scam artist. The second reason, the bigger one, is that I feel like a failure. How am I failing to provide for my family? How can I admit that by accepting help? And the third reason is imposing on friendship. I'm someone who has just never done that.

Every part of me wanted to say no. And for selfish reasons. But my children are more important than my pride, so yes, I'll accept help. With gratitude and sincere thanks.

I have a paypal account, but I'm not sure how it works. I've only sent money, never received. I think it's my registered email that's needed

dmpembroke@live.ca

But please, nobody feel obligated. It's your prayers that mean more than anything. I love you all. :hug:

Tears are flowing again for you and your family and as I said before we are your family here too . . .

If anybody here knows how to use paypal, please PM me and walk me through it . . .

Av, you are precious to GOD and you are precious to me and from the looks of this thread you are precious to a lot of others too . . . :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Listen Avatar---we are the Body of Christ...when one member is hurting, the rest help make up for that hurt so that we can still carry on. You do people an immense gift by accepting help--because we are called to feed the hungry, etc..... by accepting help you allow us to minister to Christ in you. :hug:

STEPS TO USING PAY PAL
1. go to www.paypal.com
2. at the top of the page in small blue letters click on "Sign Up"
3. click on "Personal"
4. fill out information
5. choose how you want to pay--from your bank account or from your credit card
6.. when done with all the information click "Go To My Account"
7. Click on the blue "Send Money" tab just under the Pay pal logo.
8. In the "To " field- type in Avatar's account- dmpembroke@live.ca
9. Type in the amount you want to send. Choose your local currency (Avatar can retrieve it as the equivalent in his local currency)
10. Choose "services/other"
11. Hit continue.
12. Review your transaction--add a message if you desire, and hit Send!

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask questions!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Listen Avatar---we are the Body of Christ...when one member is hurting, the rest help make up for that hurt so that we can still carry on. You do people an immense gift by accepting help--because we are called to feed the hungry, etc..... by accepting help you allow us to minister to Christ in you. :hug:

STEPS TO USING PAY PAL
1. go to www.paypal.com
2. at the top of the page in small blue letters click on "Sign Up"
3. click on "Personal"
4. fill out information
5. choose how you want to pay--from your bank account or from your credit card
6.. when done with all the information click "Go To My Account"
7. Click on the blue "Send Money" tab just under the Pay pal logo.
8. In the "To " field- type in Avatar's account- dmpembroke@live.ca
9. Type in the amount you want to send. Choose your local currency (Avatar can retrieve it as the equivalent in his local currency)
10. Choose "services/other"
11. Hit continue.
12. Review your transaction--add a message if you desire, and hit Send!

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask questions!

Thanks Shannon! God bless you :)

Reactions: Avatar
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, I will.

dmpembroke@live.ca

I used to want to say no to all bar my parents who offered help in the way of food or cash when my husband was unemployed all those years and times were tough, and I'd do just about anything to avoid going to a food bank...I'd sell something rather than have to do that, Dave. Then I started attending church again and it came upon me (that's what it felt like...lol) that I needed to learn to accept with grace just as I loved to give. I guess it was quite a turning point for me...and it makes giving all the sweeter now somehow. lol I remember one time, years ago, when my now 20 year old daughter was only about 3 weeks old, my husband's pay wasn't sufficient to cope with everything for a time, and we fell behind with the power bill. After a very short while they said pay up or we disconnect. I didn't know what to do so I rang a dealer to come and buy some stuff. The neighbour saw the truck at our home and guessed and came over and said to me to tell him to go away as they would gift me the money needed to cover the bill. Like you, I said no, no, but they insisted and I thought of my little girl needing warmth and my little laddies and husband needing hot food and there was no question of refusal after that. My first lesson in accepting a major gift with gratitude and grace from someone other than my own family. One's children help to teach one many things along the way, eh, Dave? lol I'd love to help financially too, but we're gearing up for several weeks of no pay for my husband when he goes in for an operation he needs sometime soon, we hope...but I will continue to pray for you all. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

It's no one's fault how awful things are right now - so don't feel like you are at fault for what the economy and such is working out.
:crossrc:

Lifting you up in prayer - besides, i always felt and feel like i need to repay you somehow for your kindness.

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, I lift my brother and his family up to You. I pray that You provide for every need they have, just be in every circumstance to enable them to remain where they are. I ask that You minister to each one in the family and give them Your peace. I pray for all of us in these situations Father, trusting that You know and are not overwhelmed with our needs, but able and willing to prevail. Thank You Lord for being our Provision, our Peace, in Jesus' name, amen.

Upvote 0