Please pray for me...

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am really, really, reeeeally depressed lately. I'm making my wife miserable. I'm snappy and irritable to the Nth degree...it's just a bad situation all around. Our six-week-old son is a lot of the problem. I never wanted to be chained down and now we have to schedule EEEVERYTHING around his needs...and that is frustrating. I should be thanking God for the family He has given me, but I find myself feeling very resentful towards them...as though I am sacrificing my life and all that it could be for the sake of mediocrity. Anybody can start a family. Thousands do it every day. I just don't feel like I'm cut out to be one of them. I want to get away from it all, find some place that I can be free. I know everyone is going to rip me a new one over that statement, but I just don't care. That's how I feel. I have two griping bosses at work and I go home to a fussy baby and a tired and upset wife...is it any wonder I'm really starting to hate my life?

Please pray. I am SO done with this right now.

Angel's Light

Feb 25, 2010
✟8,110.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lord, I pray that you lift this man up and cover him with your love and understanding. Help to have the same loving, understanding and generous nature towards his son and family as you have towards him. Please help him to get his life balanced so that he can be the kind of father and husband he needs to be. I believe this is his wish as he requested pray for it. In your sons wonderful name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Selfishness.

That sums up in one word what you need to ask God to help you deal with in yourself.

I am praying for you.

:cool:

Yeah...knew I would get that kind of response but whatever. So I'm selfish. Everybody is selfish. It's human nature.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lord, I pray that you lift this man up and cover him with your love and understanding. Help to have the same loving, understanding and generous nature towards his son and family as you have towards him. Please help him to get his life balanced so that he can be the kind of father and husband he needs to be. I believe this is his wish as he requested pray for it. In your sons wonderful name I pray, Amen.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am really, really, reeeeally depressed lately. I'm making my wife miserable. I'm snappy and irritable to the Nth degree...it's just a bad situation all around. Our six-week-old son is a lot of the problem. I never wanted to be chained down and now we have to schedule EEEVERYTHING around his needs...and that is frustrating. I should be thanking God for the family He has given me, but I find myself feeling very resentful towards them...as though I am sacrificing my life and all that it could be for the sake of mediocrity. Anybody can start a family. Thousands do it every day. I just don't feel like I'm cut out to be one of them. I want to get away from it all, find some place that I can be free. I know everyone is going to rip me a new one over that statement, but I just don't care. That's how I feel. I have two griping bosses at work and I go home to a fussy baby and a tired and upset wife...is it any wonder I'm really starting to hate my life?

I am not really sure what you want us to pray for, trp. So that you can abandon your wife and child and find freedom? Is that really what you want?

First of all, your new baby boy is NOT the problem. YOU are the problem.

I suggest you sort yourself out and grow up, and do it quickly. It is about 11 months too late to try to work out whether you are cut out to be a dad or not. Your son needs you, your wife needs you, so man up.

If you want to wallow in self pity, then feel free to do that in about 18 years' time. Until then, look after your wife, look after your son, and be a man.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2011
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I feel your allowing satan to implant these feelings in your heart, or have you felt these feelings the whole time your wife was pregnant......your probably suffering from a bit of sleep deprivation, which isn't helping your overall general attitude. You might want to call a parent to come and help you out so you can take a break, its nonstop I know, everyone needs a break sooner or later.........take one!......and get a better perspective on your life and the life of your family.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was some point where you once told me that you believe that God was calling you to be an intercessor in prayer, but you didn't want to do that.

Quit running and making yourself and those around you miserable. The problem isn't from the wife, child, boss, or anyone here on CF. It's the dude in the mirror that refuses to yield.

Calm down a bit.

Fussy babies eventually stop being fussy and replace the crying with joyful noises like playful giggles and "Daddy" and "hug" and "hold you", and it's the most amazing gift ever which will eclipse all the hardship early on. Even now, a crying baby is something to be in awe of, a little life so helpless and dependent on you, a gift entrusted to your care. Something to be cherished.

Wives like husbands who will do things without asking, like the dishes, backrubs, making coffee, cooking dinner, or folding the laundry.

Bosses like people who will show up early, with a good attitude and performs the job well which they are paying for.

Start serving others just because. Quit focusing on yourself, be it in life or in prayer. You'll be a much happier and satistied man for your efforts.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then I guess I'm just selfish and proud. Maybe I don't need prayer after all. I told my wife that I am tired of being dictated to and having what I want to be done in my house simply passed over because she disagrees with it. I told her that if she is so dead set on having things her own way then she needs to go somewhere else. That has been the biggest source of stress; she will not comply with my wishes if she disagrees with it. I don't care what you say, the man is the head of the house. PERIOD. I need someone who will do what I want done, not a constant source of stress and worry because I know that she will be upset about whatever it is that I'm doing that she didn't initiate. I've had enough. I should have known better than to come here. I am NOT selfish, I just want things done my way. If it puts people at odds with me then so be it. It certainly wouldn't be the first time...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then I guess I'm just selfish and proud. Maybe I don't need prayer after all. I told my wife that I am tired of being dictated to and having what I want to be done in my house simply passed over because she disagrees with it. I told her that if she is so dead set on having things her own way then she needs to go somewhere else. That has been the biggest source of stress; she will not comply with my wishes if she disagrees with it. I don't care what you say, the man is the head of the house. PERIOD. I need someone who will do what I want done, not a constant source of stress and worry because I know that she will be upset about whatever it is that I'm doing that she didn't initiate. I've had enough. I should have known better than to come here. I am NOT selfish, I just want things done my way. If it puts people at odds with me then so be it. It certainly wouldn't be the first time...

I'm not at odds with you. You came here and asked for prayer, and I am praying for you.

However, all the prayer in the world won't do a thing for you until you acknowledge your selfishness and allow God to deal with it. Just listen to yourself;
I need someone who will do what I want done.
I just want things done my way
Now I agree with you when you say the man is the head of the house, but I think you might need to refresh yourself on what responsibilities come along with that title;
Ephesians 5:25 (NIV)
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Ephesians 5:28 (NIV)
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Colossians 3:19 (NIV)
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

As the head of the house, you are given an awesome responsibility to your wife; to Love her, to cherish her, to sacrifice for her, to give her the best of your life. Being the head of the house doesn't mean you get to bark orders at your wife and pout and moan if you don't get your own way.

As husbands, we are to Love our wives;
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Be honest with yourself. Does that accurately describe how you treat your wife?

That is what it really means to be "the head of the house". It sounds to me like you want the title "head of the house" without taking on any of the responsibilities that title entails.

God can help you overcome your selfishness, but you have to want help first.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not at odds with you. You came here and asked for prayer, and I am praying for you.

However, all the prayer in the world won't do a thing for you until you acknowledge your selfishness and allow God to deal with it. Just listen to yourself;
I need someone who will do what I want done.
I just want things done my way
Now I agree with you when you say the man is the head of the house, but I think you might need to refresh yourself on what responsibilities come along with that title;
Ephesians 5:25 (NIV)
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Ephesians 5:28 (NIV)
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Colossians 3:19 (NIV)
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

As the head of the house, you are given an awesome responsibility to your wife; to Love her, to cherish her, to sacrifice for her, to give her the best of your life. Being the head of the house doesn't mean you get to bark orders at your wife and pout and moan if you don't get your own way.

As a husband, we are to Love our wife;
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Be honest with yourself. Does that accurately describe how you treat your wife?

That is what it really means to be "the head of the house". It sounds to me like you want the title "head of the house" without taking on any of the responsibilities that title entails.

God can help you overcome your selfishness, but you have to want help first.

Yes, a lecture is precisely what I need right now. Look back at the people that I told "Thank you" to and emulate them. Please. Berating me will not get you very far.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, a lecture is precisely what I need right now. Look back at the people that I told "Thank you" to and emulate them. Please. Berating me will not get you very far.

I am not berating you. I'm trying to help you.

Do you want help?

Actually, please allow me to rephrase that. You asked us to pray for you. What is it you would like us to pray for?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not really sure what you want us to pray for, trp. So that you can abandon your wife and child and find freedom? Is that really what you want?

First of all, your new baby boy is NOT the problem. YOU are the problem.

I suggest you sort yourself out and grow up, and do it quickly. It is about 11 months too late to try to work out whether you are cut out to be a dad or not. Your son needs you, your wife needs you, so man up.

If you want to wallow in self pity, then feel free to do that in about 18 years' time. Until then, look after your wife, look after your son, and be a man.

I don't think it's your place to reprimand me in such a harsh manner. I asked for prayer, not browbeating. Please check your tone, madam. I don't appreciate you making attempts at rebuking me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not berating you. I'm trying to help you.

Do you want help?

Actually, please allow me to rephrase that. You asked us to pray for you. What is it you would like us to pray for?

Just pray that I can get things sorted out. I really am trying...that's why I started this thread. I need strength and wisdom...and sleep. For me AND for my wife...and the baby. Thank you.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel your allowing satan to implant these feelings in your heart, or have you felt these feelings the whole time your wife was pregnant......your probably suffering from a bit of sleep deprivation, which isn't helping your overall general attitude. You might want to call a parent to come and help you out so you can take a break, its nonstop I know, everyone needs a break sooner or later.........take one!......and get a better perspective on your life and the life of your family.

Wise words. Thank you.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just pray that I can get things sorted out. I really am trying...that's why I started this thread. I need strength and wisdom...and sleep. For me AND for my wife...and the baby. Thank you.

I am praying for you, but what I'm asking is, what do you mean when you say you want to "get things sorted out"? IOW, what do you want to see happen?

Please don't misunderstand my intent. I'm not trying to berate, belittle or attack you in any way. I only desire to encourage you to be the best husband and father you can be. Only God can make that happen, but you have to be willing to be led by Him.

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for you, but what I'm asking is, what do you mean when you say you want to "get things sorted out"? IOW, what do you want to see happen?

Please don't misunderstand my intent. I'm not trying to berate, belittle or attack you in any way. I only desire to encourage you to be the best husband and father you can be. Only God can make that happen, but you have to be willing to be led by Him.

I want to be as content and satisfied with the life God has given me as I know I should be but currently am not.

Upvote 0