Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So after a year of being on and off with God, the past 3 months, I have experienced a much deeper love for God and am definatly walking in his will now and committing to his ways in every way that I know how.

I just finished school for good a few months ago and I've been working a few days a week at a shop, which has been very challenging trying to get God welcome by the people who I work with and also challenging to keep calm through the large amount of work I have to do by myself in a short time. I got offered a job with some people from my church, but it probably won't start until Febuary. I'm quitting my current job though, in early January, as there is a two week camp I'm going to with my church, I will be doing some leadership in. I'll be doing a little bit of speaking and will be spending a lot of the time just talking to kids and helping them find God. I'm pretty nervous about it. Last time I spoke in front of people, I was so scared, I could of cryed. I never used to be scared of public speaking, but when I went through my up and down phase, all my confidence went down the drain. And with talking to kids, I always find I have a hard time starting up conversations and find it's have for me to be a friend and a person who leads people to christ at the same time. Also, though I don't want to get too caught up on every little detail, I want to make sure I'm speaking a God given word, that isn't just what I think, but how God would want it to be said. I have two ideas for things to speak on and I need another one.
From about Febuary, I'll also be doing scripture in two local schools. I feel a bit scared for this also relating to the speaking in front of people and struggling when it comes to leading people to christ.
I'm heaps keen about all of thisand though it's very different for me, I know it will grow me so much. I have been praying about these things a while now and though I trust in God to guide me through this tranition from school to working and serving on a daily basis, it's still a bit nerve racking and I want to be sure I'm keep my eyes on God through this and aware I'm taking a direction that isn't where God would want me.
All of your prayers and advice would be much appreciated. Thank you for your willingness to read this and lift my requests to the lord :)

P

Ps145

On a practical level, let me encourage you to consider just asking these young people to tell a little bit about theirselves at the beginning of the conversation to help you get going.

Dear Lord, I pray You would help this young lady overcome her fear, and give her the boldness she desires to speak Your truth. I pray You give her wisdom, and direct her steps, Lord, as she seeks to build up the body of Christ. Help her to love You more deeply, and to understand the message of I John. I pray these things in Christ's name. Amen.

Upvote 0

kericson

Servant
Oct 9, 2010
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟20,972.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father I lift up my sister to You. She has lots of exciting adventures ahead. I pray Your Holy Spirit will give her the words to say and that she will be bold and courageous. Let this time be a time of joy. I pray she will meet some awesome people.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you sound like you are doing well and your feelings are surely what anyone starting out in ministry feels. Trust in the Lord to, as you say, grow you in the things of God. "Your word, O Lord, is a lamp to my feet and a guide to my path." Ps. 119:105)

I pray: "Lord, give Orahh assurance and confidence as she endeavors to step out for you in the Godly ministry to which you have called her. I thank you that she is willing to serve you and expect great things that will be done for her, in her, with her, and through her throughout her life." She is launched and is being prepared and equipped by you and I rejoice in this. In Jesus Name. :amen: "

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums