Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has changed my heart completely. I was on the fence for a long time but almost 2 months ago i devoted my life to God and He has shown me things I thought I would never see. And I learned to love Him with every fiber of my being so I want to obey Him. But lately I have been under attack spiritually and all of these wrong evil thoughts have been entering my head and lustful thoughts even in church. This is very unlike me and something is going on that I can not see. I ask that you guys can pray for me to be delivered of all evil and to beat all temptation. I want to be on fire for Our lord like never before, that is what my spirit yearns for. but my flesh is weak. I want to be filled to the brim with the Holy Spirirt and walk by the spirit 24/7. Please help me as I am incomplete without being as holy and christ like as possible and I feel like ive been under some sort of attack from the enemy and this is very depressing. I dont know what to do. Ive been praying but my relationship with the lord doesnt feel like it used to because I have givin into lust (i watched inappropriate content and you know what follows) and also ive been tempted to go back and smoke weed which God delivered me from like 2 months ago. Please pray for me I really need your help In Jesus name. God bless you all.

Last edited:

true2theword

Nov 8, 2012
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God has changed my heart completely. I was on the fence for a long time but almost 2 months ago i devoted my life to God and He has shown me things I thought I would never see. And I learned to love Him with every fiber of my being so I want to obey Him. But lately I have been under attack spiritually and all of these wrong evil thoughts have been entering my head and lustful thoughts even in church. This is very unlike me and something is going on that I can not see. I ask that you guys can pray for me to be delivered of all evil and to beat all temptation. I want to be on fire for Our lord like never before, that is what my spirit yearns for. but my flesh is weak. I want to be filled to the brim with the Holy Spirirt and walk by the spirit 24/7. Please help me as I am incomplete without being as holy and christ like as possible and I feel like ive been under some sort of attack from the enemy and this is very depressing. I dont know what to do. Ive been praying but my relationship with the lord doesnt feel like it used to because I have givin into lust (i watched inappropriate content and you know what follows) and also ive been tempted to go back and smoke weed which God delivered me from like 2 months ago. Please pray for me I really need your help In Jesus name. God bless you all.

been there done that, have you gotten rid of all your old partying friends, nothing will drag you back faster than keeping old pothead friends. my mistake cost me 17 more years of drug addiction and homelessness, I was right where you are today, but I thought I could keep my old friends.

you can get free from the things you mentioned, if you understand that they are LIES!.......If I were to lie to you, and you knew it was a lie, you would say "SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU LIAR" thats the way you need to address the lies of inappropriate content and all that goes with it

Its a lie because your never satisfied, it always wants more, and you feel like crap after you give in

after every failure you wish you didn't do it, so what is really the truth, the truth is you really don't want to do it.

so the lie is the deception that you want it, start rebuking those lies out loud, then also very important start rebuking the sexual thoughts as well, because thats where the whole thing begins, a few daydreams and a few unsensored fantasies and your flesh will not be able to stop itself

the most important thing I can tell you is don't give up, no matter how many times you keep failing get back up and start over, I never knew my breakthrough was right after one of my worst failures...........you can over come this

truth be told I was really bound bad, I was thoroughly addicted and never dreamed I'd ever be free, I couldn't go a day without failure........then I started to hold my thoughts accountable to Jesus, it was really hard at first because before this I never bothered with sensoring any of my thoughts, and they would get really really sinful

after a while It started to get easier, then I had a couple victories in denying my flesh.........before I knew it....weeks had gone by then months

after awhile I stopped even thinking about it, and to me that was just amazing because I used to ALWAYS BE THINKING ABOUT IT!

thats the kind of freedom Jesus has for you, take authority in His name over your mind, and He will give you authority over your flesh

Upvote 0

Real Eyez

Need prayer and encouragement
Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thank you and yes I have cut off my old friends and isolated myself rarely leaving the house just because thats what I was led to do. And God even gave me a dream where I hated chilling with my old pothead friends. Ive been a new person basically but these thoughts have been infiltrating my mind recently and you are completely right. They are lies. great advice!

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
2 Corintians 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

You need to understand there is a spiritual war going on between the devil and his demons and the Kingdom of God. When we are a new believer and/or following the call of God on our lives we are a threat to the devil and his demons and frequently come under attack. At those times I like to turn it around and think if I'm under attack I must be doing the will of God and just about like clock work the attack tends to stop. Go figure :{)

Upvote 0

manitouscott

Oct 20, 2012
Colorado
✟8,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray for you in your walk. It seems that whenever I make progress in my faith the attacks come on stronger than ever. Take that as a sign that you are headed the right direction. When I was worshipping the world, I never, ever was tormented by thoughts or temptations. The liar had me right where he wanted me and had no reason to change it. Praise God for you, brother!

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you Real eyez. Your thoughts about your good ole days are just thoughts, and you know that the life of the Spirit is most precious of all.

Everyday is new beginning and remember, "All that is pure, all that is righteous, all that is holy, think ye on these things." Perhaps during this holiday season some volunteer work can uplift you. Making someone else happy always works for me. Blessings to you!

Upvote 0

Real Eyez

Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks guys. Im doing better already. My mind has been set free from these thoughts in a miraculous way already. Your prayers worked! Im blessed to have random people come and pray for me. The love of God is amazing and in you guys. Much Love in Christ and God bless you all !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

episkopos

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
✟8,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
It could be an "attack" as you put it, or simply the manifestiation of the fact that "old habits die hard". This is something every Christian deals with on a daily basis, after being born again[contending with flesh and corrupted minds and renewing our minds]; I believe it's also the case when we renew our relationship with God. Initially it may not seem so because of the enthusiasm and excitement associated with fresh starts, which distract us from works of the flesh we have not yet "dried out". What I mean by old habits dying hard is explained in the following excerpt :-
Principle No. 5: After You Are Saved, Your[bless and do not curse]Mind Is Still the Same; it Must Be Renewed
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2
When you are born again, God gives you a new heart but not a new mind. It is therefore the duty of every Christian to renew his mind. If you do not renew your mind, you will be a person with a new spirit and an old mind. There are many Christians who are genuine new creations but still have unrenewed minds.

Principle No. 6: After You Are Saved, Your Body Is Still the Same; You Must Keep it Under Control[bless and do not curse]
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection...
1 Corinthians 9:27
Everyone who is born again still has to contend with the flesh. Even Paul was worried about his flesh. He knew that his flesh could disgrace him one day. That is why he kept his flesh under constant control.
...I KEEP UNDER [control] MY BODY, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
1 Corinthians 9:27
Paul had so many visions and revelations of Jesus Christ. Paul was one of the greatest apostles, with signs and wonders in his ministry. He raised the dead and the bites of snakes had no effect on him. Paul wrote half of the New Testament. Yet, this great man was worried about his flesh. Even though he was born again, his flesh (body) was still the same. He declared that there was nothing good in his flesh.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing…
Romans 7:18...
Gospel-Salvation_enl__73383_std.png

In conclusion, these thoughts and ideas although not to be entertained, should not be the grounds for questioning your stance with God;as the devil would have it.
They should set you on a cause to get closer and become more dependent on God.
So I just want to encourage you to carry on, in the things you do, in the instruction of God, as you grow in spirit. He has given you the grace to run this race till the very [bless and do not curse]end.[bless and do not curse]
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
The book gives more practical insight into dealing with these and related things and I'd recommend it to anyone as the matter in multiple forms, is a daily ordeal every Christian faces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

I am praying that God delivers you from Satan's attacks and that you continue to seek Him
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Real Eyez

Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It could be an "attack" as you put it, or simply the manifestiation of the fact that "old habits die hard". This is something every Christian deals with on a daily basis, after being born again[contending with flesh and corrupted minds and renewing our minds]; I believe it's also the case when we renew our relationship with God. Initially it may not seem so because of the enthusiasm and excitement associated with fresh starts, which distract us from works of the flesh we have not yet "dried out". What I mean by old habits dying hard is explained in the following excerpt :-

Gospel-Salvation_enl__73383_std.png

In conclusion, these thoughts and ideas although not to be entertained, should not be the grounds for questioning your stance with God;as the devil would have it.
They should set you on a cause to get closer and become more dependent on God.
So I just want to encourage you to carry on, in the things you do, in the instruction of God, as you grow in spirit. He has given you the grace to run this race till the very [bless and do not curse]end.[bless and do not curse]
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
The book gives more practical insight into dealing with these and related things and I'd recommend it to anyone as the matter in multiple forms, is a daily ordeal every Christian faces.

Wow thanks for that .. It's been a while since I've been on here. But I had backslid but God has kept me. I do need to renew my mind.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.