Miami
✟15,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am writing this at 11:24pm on a Monday. I am scared and I don't know what to do. I came here and decided to post this because I really would like the help of fellow Christians. I am 19 years old and live with my family. I grew up Catholic for a good amount of my life but I accepted Christ when I was 15 years old. I accepted him as my Lord and Savior because I needed him. For two and a half years of my life, I felt happy but not satisfied. There were still problems in my life that I felt that God wouldn't just fix even if I prayed, asked, and plead. So after turning 18, i left him and decided to pursue on my own. I held up on for a bit until I graduated high school and went to college. In college, I started plummeting to the floor. I skipped and failed classes. I lied and manipulated to hide and run. I pretended like I was in a distorted reality where I can just run and everything behind me would disappear. Finally after a year and half of running, I've reach a point were I don't know who I am anymore. I've failed and probably will soon drop out of college after only a year. My family is cutting me off and I know they are just doing it for the best of me but I feel like just running again and not looking back. But I know it's not right. I know it's not the choice I need. But I'm scared to go back to God. I am scared that he would not help me. I am scared he gave up on me. I'm scared because I don't want to be a leech and holding on to my family's life or anyone else. I want to be happy. I want a good life. I don't want to feel the need to run anymore. I want Christ but I don't know if he wants me back. All I know is that I won't accept the fact of running away anymore. I do not know if I will feel the same way I do now tomorrow but if anyone can help, please do. I don't want to be a news report about a teen that ran away or committed suicide or became a bum. Please help me!!

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is always knocking and desiring a relationship with us though we are undeserving. You need only to ask. Here is the parable of the lost sheep from Luke 15:1-7:

1 Now all the tax collectors and sinners were coming near to listen to him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes were grumbling and saying, “This fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 So he told them this parable: 4 “Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? 5 When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
Jesus definitely wants you back!

And he will help you, but not always in the ways you want or think you need, or in the timeframe you think he should be doing it. God does not promise we will be free of all troubles, but we can learn from them and use them to grow closer to him.

You are still very, very young and you can't expect yourself to have all the answers to everything you should be doing. Maybe you're just not ready for college YET even though you might be in a couple years or so. While I went right after high school, my brother went into the Navy for a few years and then did college. Some others learn a trade or just work for a while in a job or join the Peace Corps or travel or volunteer for humanitarian groups. This may be a very good time for you to explore and try out a few different things before getting burdened by spouse, children, houses, etc.

Talk to God and pray always and he will be with you in both the good times and the troublesome, scary times. Find a good church so that you can fellowship with other believers and can mutually support each other.

Upvote 0

Xeena

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
North America
✟30,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All I know is that I won't accept the fact of running away anymore. I do not know if I will feel the same way I do now tomorrow but if anyone can help, please do. I don't want to be a news report about a teen that ran away or committed suicide or became a bum. Please help me!!

Do not run from God. I am sure you know
John3:16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

But please read on
John3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

He loves you.

You know your family wants what is best for you. Work with them. They love you too. Failing a semester is not the end of everything. Work the summer, pay your parents back or work a deal of some sort out with them.

Read one Psalms and one Proverbs every day. When you finish, repeat them until you can study something further.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers offered for you Augsto.

The Hands of Christ are always reaching out. See the parable of the lost sheep posted above. Notice my avatar. Some of us have been in similar positions.

He came back for me, he will do the same for you. Square up with Him and confess to Him as you did to us. He's waiting patiently.

God Bless.

• Agree
Reactions: Xeena
Upvote 0

Xeena

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
North America
✟30,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
PS...
I waited to go to college. I did not go straight from high school.
I also had a period of wandering from God. I wondered if I could take my salvation back. HE was faithful to me when I was not faithful to HIM.
Blessings and Prayers for you!!!

Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am writing this at 11:24pm on a Monday. I am scared and I don't know what to do. I came here and decided to post this because I really would like the help of fellow Christians. I am 19 years old and live with my family. I grew up Catholic for a good amount of my life but I accepted Christ when I was 15 years old. I accepted him as my Lord and Savior because I needed him. For two and a half years of my life, I felt happy but not satisfied. There were still problems in my life that I felt that God wouldn't just fix even if I prayed, asked, and plead. So after turning 18, i left him and decided to pursue on my own. I held up on for a bit until I graduated high school and went to college. In college, I started plummeting to the floor. I skipped and failed classes. I lied and manipulated to hide and run. I pretended like I was in a distorted reality where I can just run and everything behind me would disappear. Finally after a year and half of running, I've reach a point were I don't know who I am anymore. I've failed and probably will soon drop out of college after only a year. My family is cutting me off and I know they are just doing it for the best of me but I feel like just running again and not looking back. But I know it's not right. I know it's not the choice I need. But I'm scared to go back to God. I am scared that he would not help me. I am scared he gave up on me. I'm scared because I don't want to be a leech and holding on to my family's life or anyone else. I want to be happy. I want a good life. I don't want to feel the need to run anymore. I want Christ but I don't know if he wants me back. All I know is that I won't accept the fact of running away anymore. I do not know if I will feel the same way I do now tomorrow but if anyone can help, please do. I don't want to be a news report about a teen that ran away or committed suicide or became a bum. Please help me!!
WALKING ACCORDING TO THE NEW-BORN HUMAN SPIRIT
But I say, Walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary the one to the other; that ye may not do the things that ye would. While some interpret the Spirit here to be the Holy Spirit, to be consistent with Romans 7, the battle is not between the Holy Spirit and the sin-nature, but between the old nature and the new nature. We take the word Spirit here in reference to the new-born human spirit.
Ephesians 5:7-8: Be not ye therefore partakers with them; For ye were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord: walk as children of light. Here the concept of walking in accordance with the new-born human spirit means to be walking in accordance with the light; that is, the light of the Lord.
(1) What does it mean to walk in accordance with the new-born human spirit?
It means carrying out the duties of the spiritual life that are demanded by the Word of God. At its essence, that is what it means to walk on the basis of the new-born human spirit.
There are three ramifications. First, it is necessary to carry out life's functions. We are required to carry out the daily duties which the Bible demands of us. If we are not fulfilling this, then we we are not walking by the new-born human spirit. If we are fulfilling this, then we are walking by the new-born human spirit. Secondly, to walk physically requires legs, feet, exercise, practice, strength, and balance; it involves our body.
The Book of Romans encourages us to present [our] bodies a living sacrifice (Rom. 12:1) and encourages us to cease to present [our] members [of the body] as instruments of unrighteousness (Rom. 6:12). We are to use them as principles of righteousness in order for us to carry out our duties in the spiritual life that are demanded of us by the Word of God. In order for us to be able to carry out life's functions, we need to use our legs, our feet, our hands, our mouth, and our mind. It requires exercise, practice, strength, and balance. Our physical body must be the Lord's. Thirdly, living the spiritual life is a learning process. We learn by walking. When a little baby begins to walk, he falls because falling is part of the process. Even so, we are going to fall; falling is part of the process. If we never get up, then we have failed to grow spiritually. If we get up and walk again, then we are growing in the spiritual life.
(2) What is the means by which we do this walking?
Simply put, the means is by faith. This is brought out in II Corinthians 5:7:(for we walk by faith, not by sight). Our spiritual walk, walking according to the new-born human spirit, is on the basis of our faith. This is in contrast with the way unbelievers do it. In Ephesians 4:1 Paul wrote: I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthily of the calling wherewith ye were called. Paul beseeches us to keep walking worthily of the calling [to which we] were called [to walk]. The means of walking worthily is to walk by means of faith.
(3) What are some of the specifics in our walking?
Several passages that spell this out.
1. Walking in Newness of Life: Romans 6:4 We were buried therefore with him through baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life. One of the specifics concerning walking is walking in newness of life: we must now walk in accordance with the divine standard, and not with a standard that may be imposed upon us either by the flesh, the world or the devil.
2. Walking Properly:
Romans 13:13 Let us walk becomingly, as in the day; not in revelling and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and jealousy. The point is that we must walk becomingly or properly, which means avoiding immorality. Immorality is not walking according to new-born human spirit.
3. Walking in Good Works:
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them. Here, Paul talks about walking in good works. Doing good works is also in keeping with walking in accordance of the new-born human spirit.
4. Walking in a Worthy Manner: Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthily of the calling wherewith ye were called. We are to walk in a worthy manner, consistent with our spiritual calling.
5. Walking in Love:
Ephesians 5:1-3 Be ye therefore imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for an odor of a sweet smell. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as becomes saints. The point of verses 1-2 is that we are to walk in love.
6. Walking as Children of the Light: Ephesians 5:8 for ye were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord: walk as children of light. Since we are children of light, we are to walk as children of light.
7. Walking Circumspectly:
Ephesians 5:15-16 Look therefore carefully how ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise; redeeming the time, because the days are evil. In other passages we learn other specific steps about walking consistently with our new-born human spirit: in Colossians 1:10, we are to walk worthily of the Lord; in Colossians 2:6, we are to walk in the Messiah Yeshua; in Colossians 4:5, we are to walk in wisdom; in I Thessalonians 4:1, we are to walk to please God; in I John 1:7, we are to walk in the light; and in III John 3-4, we are to walk in truth. When the Bible uses the term “walking” in connection with the spiritual life, there are various facets of walking according to the new-born human spirit, and there are various specific, individual steps.

Upvote 0

MakLee

May 22, 2017
Johannesburg
✟8,285.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prodigal son.... His dad threw a feast for him when he returned because he was so happy to have him back, even though he had taken all his inheritance and squandered it.

This was a parable God used to tell us that no matter how far you've run he will always be waiting for you with open arms. He loves you and yes he wants you back, there is nothing that can separate us from the love of Christ so dont listen to the lies of the enemy. God wants you back and heaven will celebrate when you come back. :). #runhome

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Praying for you to 1. know the truth about how much God loves you, 2. learn from God how to believe and receive all the good things He has promised you/all of us in His word/the Bible, 3. that you and God will have an outstandingly deep relationship that inspires others to want to know God

God Bless you my dear friend

• Prayers
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Anyone ( Christian) can and probably will give you various forms of guidance in your situation. To some degree that is a good thing because many of us have lived a story very similar to your own, it may not be college or may be, but the theme is the same for all of us in most cases. Trying life without God and especially doing so after accepting Jesus as your personal savoir. Ya know we tend to wander if we don't keep it fresh ! In my experience with this, your experience of scared and anxious and wanting to come back to Jesus is just the opposite of what you are thinking. Your thought as stated above is that you don't know if God wants you back, I'm here to tell you that you are under conviction of the Holy Spirit. He wants you back so badly The Spirit convicts you of these things you just know are wrong. You are feeling a pulling back to the Lord. Jesus Loves you but that doesn't mean you won't go through some tough times in making your turn to coming back. What I did : Repented before God, bought a new bible and got myself into a decent bible study. I very quickly healed spiritually and grew immensely in my knowledge of scripture and Jesus himself. Do less immersing in the matters of the world and more in the things of God, hang out more with saved people .

What I'm telling you is we can all talk about this for you, but you have to make that turn back to Jesus yourself. There is nothing like the ministering of God himself in your life. Fear Of The Lord is reverence, never be "scared" to turn to Jesus Christ.

God Bless you, in faith come back to Him, He is waiting for you. I will pray for you, Amen.

Dave G.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Bless yer heart, Augusto, praying for you. Welcome to CF. I'm glad you found your way here. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Anyone ( Christian) can and probably will give you various forms of guidance in your situation. To some degree that is a good thing because many of us have lived a story very similar to your own, it may not be college or may be, but the theme is the same for all of us in most cases. Trying life without God and especially doing so after accepting Jesus as your personal savoir. Ya know we tend to wander if we don't keep it fresh ! In my experience with this, your experience of scared and anxious and wanting to come back to Jesus is just the opposite of what you are thinking. Your thought as stated above is that you don't know if God wants you back, I'm here to tell you that you are under conviction of the Holy Spirit. He wants you back so badly The Spirit convicts you of these things you just know are wrong. You are feeling a pulling back to the Lord. Jesus Loves you but that doesn't mean you won't go through some tough times in making your turn to coming back. What I did : Repented before God, bought a new bible and got myself into a decent bible study. I very quickly healed spiritually and grew immensely in my knowledge of scripture and Jesus himself. Do less immersing in the matters of the world and more in the things of God, hang out more with saved people .

What I'm telling you is we can all talk about this for you, but you have to make that turn back to Jesus yourself. There is nothing like the ministering of God himself in your life. Fear Of The Lord is reverence, never be "scared" to turn to Jesus Christ.

God Bless you, in faith come back to Him, He is waiting for you. I will pray for you, Amen.

Dave G.

Welcome to CF Dave G. :wave:

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you.

I hope you'll decide to turn back to God. Having God in your life can be what makes it a joyful, good life. Also, don't worry that God won't want you back. He is waiting patiently for you to decide on your own whether or not to come back to Him, and He hopes you'll choose Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums