Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does reading the Bible seem like it is harming my faith more than it was helping and even prayer is becoming more of a problem than a solution .
From what I have read, it is hard to tell what your faith is in. Our faith is not in the Bible, but the person who wrote the Bible. Bible verses are often viewed subconsciously like magic formulas. They are not. They are directives on how we are to believe, think, and act.

Forgive me people, I know I am complaining too much, I know a lot has been said to me to encourage me. But this feeling. THIS FEELING. Wouldn't he just say something, just anything at all. He speaks right? I just need to feel him somehow, you know what I mean, don't you?

The goal of God for us in maturation is faith that needs no experience. As young believers, God manifests himself in many more ways to encourage our infant faith. But as we mature the need for his sense of presence should diminish because we know he is with us whether we feel it or not. Nor do we need to "hear" him speak because our thoughts should become the same as his and we already know what to do.

Emotions have purpose. Emotions motivate us to an action as emotions express what we think. Emotions have two sources: what we think in our minds and what we believe in our hearts. Satan and his cohorts are constantly working to turn what we believe in our hearts into despair. We can control what we think in our minds easier than our hearts by arresting those thoughts that are discouraging and turning our attention on what encourages. But for our hearts we need to remember the real experiences of God in our lives to get our hearts to believe again what is true. This is the point of the story of David at Ziklag. When all was seemingly lost, and his men blamed him and turned on him, he encouraged himself in the Lord by remembering what God had already done for him. He then put this on his conviction that if God helped him then, He would help him again. David had no word from God or any sign or something sense of God's presence. It was mature faith on his part that then moved him to the action of pursuing the Amalekites.

Right now you're upset because you do not sense the Lord. Repent. You know God is real and is faithful to all that he said and promised. Remember what he has already done for you and put your eyes on what he has called you to do and continue pressing into that. Walk in mature faith, and you will also experience God in newer ways than you imagined.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
How else do you pray?
Are you praying in tongues?
You must exercise the power of the Holy spirit within you.
WE have all fallen into dark places and despair.
But if you persist and keep on praying in tongues - praying in the Holy Ghost -
you can become an overcomer and conquer your circumstances.

Upvote 0