Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A good read.

"There will come a day, perhaps sooner, perhaps later, when the man in the coffin will be me. They say the dead don’t care, but I’m not dead yet, so as long as I’m still alive, I’d like to have some say in what goes on at my funeral. And, truth be told, I think the dead do care. Not that they will be privy to the details of what happens at their own funerals, but they still care about the world, about their family, about the church. The saints in heaven continue to pray for those who are still on their earthly pilgrimage, so how could they not care about them?"

https://birdchadlouis.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/please-dont-say-these-six-things-at-my-funeral/

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: MWood

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A good read.

"There will come a day, perhaps sooner, perhaps later, when the man in the coffin will be me. They say the dead don’t care, but I’m not dead yet, so as long as I’m still alive, I’d like to have some say in what goes on at my funeral. And, truth be told, I think the dead do care. Not that they will be privy to the details of what happens at their own funerals, but they still care about the world, about their family, about the church. The saints in heaven continue to pray for those who are still on their earthly pilgrimage, so how could they not care about them?"

https://birdchadlouis.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/please-dont-say-these-six-things-at-my-funeral/

Yes those 6 things are true, but often people need to be reminded that "Chad" is no longer there. The Body is what Chad used for his soul to redise in while living on Earth. However it is hard to understand how that will be as we can not imagine what death feels like until we die. There is an amount of fear involved in death, even for those with great faith. That's my.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0