Please can someone help me identify this song? :)

linc84

Nov 18, 2018
Oxford
✟15,328.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Guys

I wonder if someone could be as kind as to help me?

I'd like help to identify a Christian rock song I heard back in 2000-2001. Unfortunately, I can only be a bit vague because I don't have any other description of it - and can only provide a few of the vocal lines I remember. It was a really catchy melody though.

It starts off with a 'wah effect guitar sounding intro' and the first vocal line is 'Oh hallelujah, god almighty reign' then the chorus is something like 'so lift him high give him the praise that he deserves'

Wish I could be more descriptive, but that is all I remember. At the time I use to speak to someone who claimed it was a song he wrote in a local band called safeguard, but, I actually heard it advertised on TV so that kind of undermined what he was saying.

Thanks
Linc

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey Guys

I wonder if someone could be as kind as to help me?

I'd like help to identify a Christian rock song I heard back in 2000-2001. Unfortunately, I can only be a bit vague because I don't have any other description of it - and can only provide a few of the vocal lines I remember. It was a really catchy melody though.

It starts off with a 'wah effect guitar sounding intro' and the first vocal line is 'Oh hallelujah, god almighty reign' then the chorus is something like 'so lift him high give him the praise that he deserves'

Wish I could be more descriptive, but that is all I remember. At the time I use to speak to someone who claimed it was a song he wrote in a local band called safeguard, but, I actually heard it advertised on TV so that kind of undermined what he was saying.

Thanks
Linc

It might help if you hum a few bars. :D
OB

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Absolutely no chance of that happening OB. You do not want to hear me sing believe me ha ha. Frustrating as I can't be more descriptive it was a catchy song too.

OK then - let's try a more sensible suggestion.

Go to Google and type:
'Oh hallelujah, god almighty reign'
and
'so lift him high give him the praise that he deserves'
into 2 separate Google searches.

I tried it and got a few possibilities - particularly with the first line.
OB

Upvote 0