London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I think the enemy design is pretty consistent throughout.

It's a decent enough game - I'm still not a fan of some of the conceits it uses, like expecting people to pour out their darkest feelings and secrets onto the same brand of tape-recorder and then having them scattered conveniently throughout Rapture.

Plus, it is very derivative of System Shock 2, which was an altogether more complex game.

Still darn good fun though. On my 20th playthrough, and am trying to mix it up a bit. Haven't yet played through on Hard with Vita-Chambers off and harvested all the little sisters, so am doing that now. I suspect Vita-Chambers off and saving them would be much harder than this playthrough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, they were made by the same people.

-Dan.

Sure, but copying your obviously-telegraphed plot twist over is just lazy writing. I'd also say it was far, far harder - less ammo, and a one/two hit kill difficulty. And one vita-chamber per level, and you had to activate it first, permadeath if you were killed before it. I breezed through BioShock with the vita-chambers off on hard.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
You play as a Big Daddy in Bioshock 2. I rest my case.

What's a tad more implausible about BioShock 2 is the notion that people are still surviving in Rapture after a decade. No need to have set it that late, but then there would have been less of a rationale for the Big Sisters.

Plus in terms of plot, framing the notion of characters being present all along but curiously unmentioned in the first game (because the writers hadn't written the second game yet) is a bit awkward, although admittedly I liked how they resolved it.

Upvote 0