Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Plasma cosmology is a model of the origins of the Universe in which plasma and electromagnetic forces play a significant role, and in which an actualistic approach is preferred: i.e. starting from the observed present-state and trying to extrapolate backwards in time to even more ancient states.

Plasma cosmology | Plasma-Universe.com

The plasma cosmologists argue that the Big-Bang never happened; and that the universe always existed in such a way that it is always changing and evolving without beginning or end. The plasma cosmologists base their ideas on empirical science of terrestrial laboratory plasmas. The universe is filled with plasma as a hot ionized gas shaped by electricity and magnetism as much as by Newton’s gravitation.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Plasma cosmology is a model of the origins of the Universe in which plasma and electromagnetic forces play a significant role, and in which an actualistic approach is preferred: i.e. starting from the observed present-state and trying to extrapolate backwards in time to even more ancient states.

The plasma cosmologists argue that the Big-Bang never happened; and that the universe always existed in such a way that it is always changing and evolving without beginning or end. The plasma cosmologists base their ideas on empirical science of terrestrial laboratory plasmas. The universe is filled with plasma as a hot ionized gas shaped by electricity and magnetism as much as by Newton’s gravitation.
Well, in the absence of a sub-forum called Trash Can, this was probably the best place to post it - given that you clearly felt there was some merit in posting it. I look forward to future threads on phlogiston theory and cold fusion.

Upvote 0

AdB

Heb 11:1
Jul 28, 2021
Leusden
✟71,650.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Barry Setterfield's Plasma Cosmology does not assume the universe to be eternal and does include an expansion after the initial creation event. He also assumes that initially the Zero Point Energy didn't exist but came to be very rapidly after the initial creation event. This initial situation of no Zero Point Energy and it's exponential increase would have a profound impact on atomic behaviour which provides explanations for many questions and anomalies like the distant light travel issue and red shift quantisation. I wonder what others may think of his ideas? Check out his website here: barrysetterfield.org

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

There's a lot of good stuff in that thread. Also some rather biting commentary about a primary source of related, but not identical models of the PC/EU stuff. There is no mercy or quarter given to the EU/PC crowd posting elsewhere (sometimes in response). To augment a famous quote from my avatar:

"War [on pseudoscience] is cruelty, it cannot be refined." (Not quite, W. T. Sherman, Maj. Gen'l, U.S., commanding Mil. Div. of the Mississippi)

In reading through the thread, I realized that I hadn't finished my sub-thread on why scattering couldn't explain redshifts. I had just gotten to the good stuff. (I recall working out my example and I thought I typed it up, but maybe it was just a draft in a now gone text file.) Perhaps I should think through it again and finish the topic. (It's already starting to bother me that it just stops.)

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,142.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
There's a lot of good stuff in that thread. Also some rather biting commentary about a primary source of related, but not identical models of the PC/EU stuff. There is no mercy or quarter given to the EU/PC crowd posting elsewhere (sometimes in response). To augment a famous quote from my avatar:

"War [on pseudoscience] is cruelty, it cannot be refined." (Not quite, W. T. Sherman, Maj. Gen'l, U.S., commanding Mil. Div. of the Mississippi)

In reading through the thread, I realized that I hadn't finished my sub-thread on why scattering couldn't explain redshifts. I had just gotten to the good stuff. (I recall working out my example and I thought I typed it up, but maybe it was just a draft in a now gone text file.) Perhaps I should think through it again and finish the topic. (It's already starting to bother me that it just stops.)
That thread would have to be the best most useful, objective information-rich thread in the history of this entire site, (IMO)!?

I say go for it, (ie: in continuing your update), Hans!
Cheers

Upvote 0