Sam manktelow

Feb 2, 2016
England
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi I'm new to Calvinist theology and really finding myself agreeing with the likes of dr James White and others, I am currently part of an evangelical Church in the uk and the subject of pilgrimage came up, what is the agreed stance on this within Calvinism? Whilst it was being talked of I found myself feeling it was a catholic remnant from the incomplete reformation here but would love to hear what Calvinism has to say about it. Many thanks

Sam manktelow

Feb 2, 2016
England
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My church does have that it just seemed to say pilgrimage was something that was acceptable. I just wondered as I live in a small town and churches are limited what the Calvinist standing on pilgrimage was as personally I think it's unnessesary/borderline heresy it historically has ties to places of saints and healing doesn't it? And as far as I can see we are the temple of Christ the high priest not a place....?

Upvote 0

Sam manktelow

Feb 2, 2016
England
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm in tonbridge wells in Kent, they are Protestant but I think the Church of England is still way off a completed reformation. They are not Calvinist, I consider myself one though, as after listening to hundreds of hours of talks on podcast it is the stream that talks most sense to me and holds biblically as far as my own studies can tell. My church is more of a Protestant mildly charismatic church for want of a better definition. They do have some good teaching but some of it is a bit off. There are a couple of 'reformed churches' around but they also don't hold to a strong Calvinist 'tulip' type belief. This church is the closest I have found they are v strong on sanctity of marriage, life being Gods, Gods will being sovereign and sola scriptura so it is a good start, still finding out about Calvinism myself at the mo though.

Upvote 0