✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I HATE it!!!

I believe it is stupid and morally wrong.

Christian parents are suppossed to nurture their children.
"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." - Ephesians 6:4

A rod of correction doesn't have to be a paddle and especially not with a teen. If you alienate your teen-ager, the scion might become rebellious and that's the last thing you want. But if you were harsh as you raised the child, and you're now having serious rebellion, you most likely made some serious mistakes(unless someone else mistreated your child or he has a genetic disability). Pray and get professional help. The child might need an evaluation by a professional.

Correction can be taught by good authoritative, rather than authoritarian, parenting. Authoritative parenting involves balance; the child feels loved and will be less likely to rebel.

Those are my two cents; I now have twelve grands.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Prevent Child Abuse America (preventchildabuse.org; 1-800-CHILDREN) Promotes prevention through education and public-awareness outreach, and offers specific advice on how to make a report of abuse.

Childhelp (Childhelp.org; 1-800-4-A-CHILD) With Childhelp's National Child Abuse Hotline, open 24/7, professional crisis counselors offer advice and make referrals.

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

Online Parent Class - Court Approved Online Parenting and Co-Parenting Classes

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think there is an age where you can't force you kid to be what the parent wants anymore. Put limitation on your house and all, but don't me like be my religion or move out. No Weed is more understandable.

I think some Christian parents don't understand how good they have it with their kid.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello phobe: it seems like you have some strong feelings towards spankings...may i ask why?
As an American ...i believe parents should have the choice to DISCIPLINE there child as they please...IF you DONT like spankings DONT use it as a discipling tool ..you have to do whats best for your FAMilY. My problem is when others try to inflict their values on others...or label them as abusive..Ive worked as social worker and as an educator in the school system I can assure you : There is a problem with abuse...However there is a FAR bigger problem with a lack of discipline in the home....disrespectful behavior...bullying ...and violence amongst teenagers than GODLY AUTHORITATIVE discipline.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If values have not been implanted by the teenage years spanking won't help in developing them. Teenagers are moving towards adulthood. Tey must be given tools and information that helps them thing through concepts and values for themselves.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello phobe: it seems like you have some strong feelings towards spankings...may i ask why?
As an American ...i believe parents should have the choice to DISCIPLINE there child as they please...IF you DONT like spankings DONT use it as a discipling tool ..you have to do whats best for your FAMilY. My problem is when others try to inflict their values on others...or label them as abusive..Ive worked as social worker and as an educator in the school system I can assure you : There is a problem with abuse...However there is a FAR bigger problem with a lack of discipline in the home....disrespectful behavior...bullying ...and violence amongst teenagers than GODLY AUTHORITATIVE discipline.

I, too, see lack of discipline as a horrible alternative. "GODLY AUTHORITATIVE discipline" is best; unfortunately, most people don't understand the difference between authoritarian (military style) and authoritative. And I've softened my stance on spanking. Sometimes it might be the only way to teach young children, but it's rarely needed. Another problem I see is that some children aren't "wired" to understand why they shouldn't repeat bad or dangerous behavior.

Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.