I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I much prefer physical books. I certainly enjoy going to the book store and just browsing through all the books and they have the smell of a new book that I like.

I don't like reading books online because my eyes can't handle staring at a screen for a long time while reading small text.

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
An advantage of physical books, is that there are more options to read them while You are fasting, see: http://www.christianforums.com/thre...raines-causing-problems-with-fasting.7906392/ ... about light, it's a thread about fasting and migraine. Digital books in Bible Study softwares require that You either read them from a monitor or print them locally to letter size paper. Now, I don't have any problems with migraine as I in fact never have that, but during extreme fasting (I do eat but infrequently) I can get a mild headache for a few minutes and as I believe that's unhealthy and I usually sit a lot in front of a monitor, I have reasons for having some choices to read printed matter. I fast even if I study and especially when I research. Researching is important to me. I should switch to more of physically demanding exercise and compensate the energy consumption by eating slightly more in order to gain a bit of muscle weight or get in better shape/fitness.

My previous post:
An undeniable advantage of physical books is that there are more used books being sold,

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As I wrote previously, I infinitely prefer ebooks over physical ones. There are some exceptions. I'm a college student and am perpetually reading. Most of my textbooks and books are on my iPad. My sweet boyfriend just sent this care package to me that included a physical book, and the feel of it being so distinctively different sort of creates a more relaxing vibe. It's separated from all that I must read. I'm reading it for leisure, not school.

care packages.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soma Seer

Sep 19, 2015
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Definilety real books! Nothing can replace the smell and this magic feeling.

There definitely is something intoxicating about the smell of books. From time to time, I'll quickly flip through the pages of a certain title and hold my nose close to take in the "book fragrance." :D

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There definitely is something intoxicating about the smell of books. From time to time, I'll quickly flip through the pages of a certain title and hold my nose close to take in the "book fragrance." :D

Lol, I just smelled my books and they don't have a smell.

Upvote 0

Soma Seer

Sep 19, 2015
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Time to find new books--or have your nose examined. ;) Or move in closer to the pages--even putting your nose on a page or two.

In all seriousness, though, I don't think I've ever had a book's pages not have a particular odor to them. True, some have a much fainter smell than others, but I can't recall one every being odor-free.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time to find new books--or have your nose examined. ;) Or move in closer to the pages--even putting your nose on a page or two.

In all seriousness, though, I don't think I've ever had a book's pages not have a particular odor to them. True, some have a much fainter smell than others, but I can't recall one every being odor-free.

I'll go downstairs & and see if any of my parents books have a smell. For real I went around sniffing my books & none of them smell at all. I was kinda disappointed, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Physical books. It is much easier to compare sections far apart or look up an index item while keeping a finger where yo are at in the text.
Then you need to walk into a library - especially one with OLD books. The aroma is unique.

I work for the federal government and the NOAA central library is on floor 2 of this building. Every time someone stops the elevator on floor 2 the aroma is almost overwhelming. (we have a LOT of old books)

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Physical, I cross reference a lot of chapters and it's easier to do it based on bookmarks. Right now, physical books are better but I believe ebooks will catch up in the next 10-20 years. The kindle/pdf is awful for cross referencing.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0