KY
✟15,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I DEEPLY sympathize with anyone who is abused by a spouse. However, if someone is a Christian he/she should be seeking God with all their heart to deliver them from this evil. For a Christian re-marriage is not an option. God has given His people MANY promises to take care of us, even if our spouse has forsaken us. God's promises are not influenced by evil. God's promises overcome evil, ALL evil.

I tried seeking God with all my heart. I am only taken care of now because I leech off tax payers via welfare, which people point out to me frequently is a sin and they quote scripture to back it up. Not my fault I wasn't able to have a job. I was rejected by everyone.

Many are called. Few are chosen. I wasn't chosen. I'm rejected. I was too evil to be saved. I'll never be forgiven. I prayed for forgiveness years ago and wasn't forgiven. I was never chosen. Just the way it is for some.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Christian and I'm remarried.

Try again.

What you're advocating is quite dangerous, and perhaps you don't quite realize it. I prayed that God would deliver me from the evil of an abusive situation and His answer came in the form of a divorce, and then in meeting my current husband, who is everything a good husband ought to be.
Dangerous to trust in God's promises??? How sad! I'm glad that you were delivered from the evil situation. But how do you justify re-marrying by Scripture?

Matthew 5:31-32 (NKJV)
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tried seeking God with all my heart. I am only taken care of now because I leech off tax payers via welfare, which people point out to me frequently is a sin and they quote scripture to back it up. Not my fault I wasn't able to have a job. I was rejected by everyone.

Many are called. Few are chosen. I wasn't chosen. I'm rejected. I was too evil to be saved. I'll never be forgiven. I prayed for forgiveness years ago and wasn't forgiven. I was never chosen. Just the way it is for some.
God guides us mainly by His Word.

Psalms 119:105 (NKJV)
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you have repented and believe the Bible is God's Word then you should believe this:

Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)
5 For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Upvote 0

noroses4u2c

Oct 8, 2009
KY
✟15,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you have repented and believe the Bible is God's Word then you should believe this:

Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)
5 For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

That's for the chosen ones. Many are called. Few are chosen.

I'm already forbidden to have at least one fruit of the spirit. I will be in biblical bondage to the man who beat me and wanted to set fire to me until I die. I receive no mercy. The man I am in bondage to has received all the mercy. I am not called to peace. Peace is one of the fruits of the spirit.

The only way to repent of saving your life is to kill yourself. But, if you kill yourself then you die in unrepentant sin. Yet another catch 22. Had I just stayed and let my husband continue to beat me for years until he finally killed me then God would have been pleased with me. His will be done afterall. I saved my life and I will lose it just as Jesus said.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic

Ouch... sorry to hear you feel that way... God's forgiveness is a wonderful remedy for this condition.. I will be praying that you are healed of such thoughts.. He created you for a purpose, and just because you have yet to walk in faith, strong in value God has put into you through talents, knowledge, and experience.. does not make the world's view accurate.

Upvote 0

noroses4u2c

Oct 8, 2009
KY
✟15,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ouch... sorry to hear you feel that way... God's forgiveness is a wonderful remedy for this condition.. I will be praying that you are healed of such thoughts.. He created you for a purpose, and just because you have yet to walk in faith, strong in value God has put into you through talents, knowledge, and experience.. does not make the world's view accurate.

I base it on scripture and evidence in my life. A true Christian has it evidenced in his/her life via fruits of the spirit. I'm not even allowed to have at least one of them.

God takes care of His children. If I were not leeching off taxpayers, would I be provided for right now? No. Therefore, I am not His child. I live in unrepentant sin every day that I live off stolen taxpayer funds. In order to repent of that, I would have to go off foodstamps and starve to death. His will be done.

I already repented of witchcraft and everything else I could think of wrong in my life three years ago. It turned out I repented in vain. I believed the Christians when they told me that God would take me back. So, God allowed His children to lie and deceive me so that I would destroy all that witchcraft stuff. And then I went on a rollercoaster ride for over a year which ended when His only child who ever wanted to study Bible with me in my entire life dumped me, smiled with glee as I cried, and said God told him to do it in church the day before. I won't ever forget that one, either. The Bible commands the believers to not forsake fellowship. His believers shun me. Therefore, fellowship is forbidden. That's just one sign of many that God rejected me.

I will never receive any mercy, as evidenced by my life. Either you are blessed or you are cursed. I am a piece of unemployed welfare trash who has been rejected by every place I have applied over the past two years, and 15 years prior to that job.

There are many scriptures indicating that some of the believers will be rejected. Many are called. Few are chosen.

God's forgiveness is wonderful for those whom He chose to forgive. The rest of the ones who tried being a Christian and wanted to be a Christian like myself will burn in hell for all eternity. All the evidence proves that I was one of the ones not chosen.

All of my 'God given talents' I cannot even use due to disabilities, so I might as well have never been given any. The Christians lied and said God would heal me. I prayed in Jesus name to be healed. Instead of being healed, I have gotten worse. So much for that. All Christians have done is fill me with false hope, then I find out the hard way that I'd been deceived. God never wanted me all along. All the evidence proves it. It was just a facade just like I should have known it was. I was created for a life of solitude and torture abuse just for being alive. That was my purpose in life. I won't fall for their false hope ever again.

Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
noroses-boy are you mistaken-you need serious spiritual deliverance from opression..that's all I can say. You are cursing yourself into this mess by still proclaiming about yourself what you do-you're giving Satan stronghold in your life. Again-deliverance is your only way out of this mess and lies you are holding as truth.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's for the chosen ones. Many are called. Few are chosen.

I'm already forbidden to have at least one fruit of the spirit. I will be in biblical bondage to the man who beat me and wanted to set fire to me until I die. I receive no mercy. The man I am in bondage to has received all the mercy. I am not called to peace. Peace is one of the fruits of the spirit.

The only way to repent of saving your life is to kill yourself. But, if you kill yourself then you die in unrepentant sin. Yet another catch 22. Had I just stayed and let my husband continue to beat me for years until he finally killed me then God would have been pleased with me. His will be done afterall. I saved my life and I will lose it just as Jesus said.
You sound quite confused. Why would you believe any of the Bible if you don't believe in God's promises of mercy???

Upvote 0

noroses4u2c

Oct 8, 2009
KY
✟15,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You sound quite confused. Why would you believe any of the Bible if you don't believe in God's promises of mercy???

Jesus Himself said that not everyone who calls Him Lord will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

The promises of mercy are for those who God makes born again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Himself said that not everyone who calls Him Lord will inherit the kingdom of heaven.

God's promises are for those who believe in Jesus and His Word. Do you believe or not? Peter forsook and even denied Jesus. And later God used Peter to write the NT.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus said, "If your eye offend thee pluck it out..."

I believe this statement was made for emphasis. Equally, there are rules within relationships. Like a stop sign or a speed limit these weren't meant to be rigid rules (IMO) but oversight, guidelines. All things in moderation.

The cop who pulls you over for going 58 in a 55 is like a Pharisee who does not perceive the intent of the law nor the wickedness of their own motives.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dangerous to trust in God's promises??? How sad! I'm glad that you were delivered from the evil situation. But how do you justify re-marrying by Scripture?

Matthew 5:31-32 (NKJV)
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
Dangerous to rely on faith, without works. :wave:

You seem to expect God to miraculously change a persons heart, when thier hearts are hardened towards Him? You expect Him to magically whisk you away to another world like Eli on a chariot of fire when He has already created a way out.. It's called a DOOR! ^_^

WALK OUT that OPEN door by faith, through Grace!

God is giving you a WAY OUT! :clap:

A WAY OUT from abuse that is NOT OF HIM!
A WAY IN to a peaceful life! :hug:

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ezekiel 18:31
Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Unless you are willing to (and I believe you are, AND HAVE) be changed, by EXCHANGING what pittily life you once possesed through REPENTANCE and faith, there is no 'born again' experience offered us.

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

EG; there was a day you repented and turned to God in faith and assuance in Love. :wave:

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't say a Christian can't get divorced. Neither did I say he/she can. But re-marriage is certainly adultery.

Cool. Then I'll die a very happy adulteress, as I left a man who raped me on a daily basis and beat me to the point of a miscarriage and nearly losing the hearing in my left ear and God put me in the path of a wonderful man. My husband is gentle, compassionate and kind. I didn't know if I'd ever trust a man again, but God showed me the beauty of love through this man. To portend my marriage is anything but a reflection off God's love and glory is offensive to me.

Reactions: Zeena
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dangerous to rely on faith, without works. :wave:

You seem to expect God to miraculously change a persons heart, when thier hearts are hardened towards Him? You expect Him to magically whisk you away to another world like Eli on a chariot of fire when He has already created a way out.. It's called a DOOR! ^_^

WALK OUT that OPEN door by faith, through Grace!

God is giving you a WAY OUT! :clap:

A WAY OUT from abuse that is NOT OF HIM!
A WAY IN to a peaceful life! :hug:
The issue is re-marriage.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool. Then I'll die a very happy adulteress, as I left a man who raped me on a daily basis and beat me to the point of a miscarriage and nearly losing the hearing in my left ear and God put me in the path of a wonderful man. My husband is gentle, compassionate and kind. I didn't know if I'd ever trust a man again, but God showed me the beauty of love through this man. To portend my marriage is anything but a reflection off God's love and glory is offensive to me.
Again, the issue is re-marriage. I don't see anywhere in the NT where it is permitted for Christians.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, the issue is re-marriage. I don't see anywhere in the NT where it is permitted for Christians.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

And I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it is permitted for Christians to use the internet, for women to wear pants, or for churches to have potluck suppers once a month either, but clearly these things take place in the lives of Christians.

And, unless words in the Bible have different meanings under the original translation to English, adultery is when a man or woman voluntarily has sexual intercourse with someone other than their spouse.

Also, surely Christ's forgiveness is extended to those who are remarried. After all, if the drunk or liar or swindler can be forgiven, can't the person allegedly committing adultery by being remarried?

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it is permitted for Christians to use the internet, for women to wear pants, or for churches to have potluck suppers once a month either, but clearly these things take place in the lives of Christians.

And, unless words in the Bible have different meanings under the original translation to English, adultery is when a man or woman voluntarily has sexual intercourse with someone other than their spouse.

Also, surely Christ's forgiveness is extended to those who are remarried. After all, if the drunk or liar or swindler can be forgiven, can't the person allegedly committing adultery by being remarried?
For non-Christians it's a non-issue since they are not saved nor following God's Word. But for Christians it is a definite issue.

Romans 7:3 (NKJV)
3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For non-Christians it's a non-issue since they are not saved nor following God's Word. But for Christians it is a definite issue.

Romans 7:3 (NKJV)
3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.

So are remarried Christians beyond forgiveness? What about those who remarried when they weren't believers? What should those Christians do?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.