Philippines any1 from hea?

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
My best pal, from Moorlands Bible College, may well still be a missionary in Manila, with his lovely Filipina nurse wife, Precy - (nee Santiago, from Manila)

Tim Sargent is tall, dark, slim, & worked @ Curry's, Braintree, before his call to Bible College I think he's late-40s now: maybe the "Big 5-0" soon?

I was their best man in Braintree, Essex in summer '78, so wish them a Happy Silver Wedding this summer!

(Many Filipina nurses work in Braintree General Hospital, & in a big teaching hospital in Tower Hamlets, East London, where I did my mission fieldwork term, Jan/April '79, just after the Brick Lane riots of that "Winter of Discontent" in UK)

God bless!

Ian

Upvote 0

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
I forgot to say that several Filipina nurses work here in Southport & @ nearby Liverpool, Preston, Wigan & Manchester, in central (NW) UK

My weekly bus ticket covers a wide area, including Blackpool & Chester, where there are also Filipinas, so if you want me to say hi to anyone in the NW, just say!

(Or in NE Wales, as I can go to Rhyl, Prestatyn, Holywell, Denbigh, Ruthin & Wrexham quite easily too)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThereseTheLittleFlower

Little bit different....and quite short
Nov 29, 2003
Jeb Bush State, ya'll!
✟667.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone once mentioned in a Homily, that they had been to where, Fr. Ramon (my priest friend from my Church, who's from the Philippines) lived, and said it was the only place in the world where, the boys will serenade a girl underneath her window when they like her. I think it is Illocos (sp.), is that the correct place? Cause I was curious as to finding out where he was from in the Philippines, and if I ask him, I don't think he'll tell me! So, maybe any of you guys would know?

God Bless!

Renee

Upvote 0

GinooKo

Feb 26, 2004
Colorado
✟9,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ThereseTheLittleFlower said:
Someone once mentioned in a Homily, that they had been to where, Fr. Ramon (my priest friend from my Church, who's from the Philippines) lived, and said it was the only place in the world where, the boys will serenade a girl underneath her window when they like her. I think it is Illocos (sp.), is that the correct place? Cause I was curious as to finding out where he was from in the Philippines, and if I ask him, I don't think he'll tell me! So, maybe any of you guys would know?

God Bless!

Renee
Hi Renee!! :wave:

"Harana" (serenade) is basically influenced from Spain.
Courtship Through Poetry and Song in Ilocos province:

"Tapat" is practiced in small towns of Ilocos. A young man employs music and verse to declare his attraction to his lady love. The would be suitor (sometimes with a friend in tow for moral support) goes to the girl's house and serenade her from her window. The lady then answers in a song usually one that suggests that the man has a long courtship ahead of him. The man then counters with another song this time more passionate. The musical repartee goes on and on until an "understanding" is reached.

This practice is also known "harana". It was practiced when I left in 1973. My cousins and I were in the balcony (giggling) while the boys were serenading us below.

God Bless
Lanie

Ilocos is located in Luzon, the biggest island in the Philippines.

Upvote 0

audio86

May 8, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Hey I'm filipino but I don't live in the Philippines. I live here in the UAE with my parents. I haven't been to the Phils for almost elven years now (we came here when I was seven) so I don't know much about the country. I might study there for university though. I'm kind of excited to go back and kind of scared coz I'm not used to living there. Anyways, hello filipinos!!! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeRapH&CheRi

Sassy GurlMember!
Apr 3, 2002
eastcoastoftheusa
✟6,276.00
Faith
Christian
:wave: hello beautiful peoples! i was born in manila and lived in orion, bataan until i was three years old. at the time my family immigrated to Vancouver, BC which is where i grew up. now i'm living in the Jersey area and will possibly be moving to new york city for grad school. hope y'all are having a scrumptious day! :hug:

Upvote 0