Upper midwest
✟62,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suppose the blood relative of Malchus present at the trial was acting in the role of Blood Redeemer, because they couldn't get him to stop jumping and running around Praising The Lord for restoring his ear.

Total nonsense?
OK, then why are they both mentioned?
Unless I'm simply the last to know, this is significant.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is there a member or group of members that have studied Peter's fear when he was accused of being with Christ?
Perry Stone did a Mannafeast on it and I learned that Peter's having cut off the ear of a solder at the time of Jesus' arrest was punishable by crucifixion.
I had always assumed that when Scripture says that Peter began to curse and swear, it meant lots of foul language.
He swore an oath that had to be broken
As Perry points out, that's why, after Jesus was resurrected, He asked Peter 3 times if he loved Him.
Peter's pride needed to be removed so that he could lead the Church from humility. There are several places, in the Gospels, where Jesus chastises him and after one boast, Jesus tells Peter that he would deny Jesus 3 times before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crowed. Peter realized his failure which began the process of being humbled and when Jesus asked him 3 times if he loved him, it drove the message home.

Reactions: Grafted In
Upvote 0