Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
ah that man. messes his life up :sigh: yes i try to catch the news with him on now and then.

i feel bad for drug addicts. ok its their fault but then the things some of em go through after. and those who fight the battle and get through without using ever again, they seem to be strong from it. im not saying they should get off lightly though i think laws should be changed.

i think Doherty should be punished as much as any other user. I would hope it'd make him think. Same with any so called famous person.

Upvote 0

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
puppy said:
i doubt even pete doherty is following his trial

He really should take it more seriously at the very least. I heard he gave the judge the finger (behind her back). He's probably just used to getting away with it that he figures he's invinsible.

I don't think jail would do him any good, although therapy doesn't work either when they let you sign yourself out whenever you want. I just wish he's get clean.

Upvote 0

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Singer Pete Doherty sentenced to community service in drug case
By: The Associated Press
email_icon.gif
Email Story
printerfriendly_icon.gif
Printer Friendly Version LONDON — Pete Doherty, the troubled former boyfriend of Kate Moss, has been sentenced to 12 months of community service for possessing drugs.

Doherty, the 26-year-old front man of the group Babyshambles, pleaded guilty to the charges on Jan. 27.

He spoke only to confirm his name and address, and appeared disoriented during the hearing Wednesday at Ealing Magistrates’ Court in London, glancing frequently toward supporters in the public gallery. They burst into applause when it became clear Doherty would not be going to jail.

Judge Ann McLaughlin warned Doherty that if he broke the drug rehabilitation requirement of his community service order he would be brought back before the court and might go to jail.

The maximum sentence for possession of Class A drugs such as heroin and cocaine is seven years in prison.

She ordered Doherty to submit to a drug test each month and told him to return to Thames Magistrates’ Court on March 8 for a review of the order.

Doherty told the BBC’s Radio One that he planned to have an implant to help him stay off heroin.

Prosecutor Bryony Derbyshire had told the court Doherty was stopped by police in London on Nov. 30, and heroin and cocaine were found in his car.

He was stopped again four days later, when police found heroin, morphine, crack cocaine and marijuana in his car.

Doherty was again stopped by police in London on Jan. 26, when he was found to be carrying heroin. He pleaded guilty at three earlier hearings to seven counts of drug possession in relation to these incidents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Pete Doherty to "start a drug-free life"

Babyshambles singer vows to stay clean

Pete Doherty has told the Channel 4 News that he vows to stay clean.

The Babyshambles singer was speaking to the news programme after spending time in prison for possession of drugs, including heroin and cocaine.

Following a 12-month community order sentencing, Doherty told the interviewer that he wanted to "start a drugs-free life" and that he "wasn't much of a junkie anyway."

He conceded that it wouldn't be easy, but that he was "going to get an anti-heroin implant."

"I've just been helped. I'm not going to make light of the fact that I've been given a great chance, and take crack and heroin," he continued.

"If I was not famous then I would not have the extremes, the corruptness and fortune that led me there in the first place," added Doherty.

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[lozzylor]he should b convicted!!!! normal everyday people would b put away for it so why should celebs get special treatment
I'm not so convinced a prison sentence is necessary here because ultimately it will serve no purpose in helping this man get off drugs. Sure he will spend a very short time in prison, at the expense of the British tax payer, but will that cease his addiction or solve his problems?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums