In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Today my pet peeve is that practice known as oversinging. You know, where these pop singers take a beautiful, classic song and mangle it to death by adding all kinds of unnecessary runs and trills and slides and oooohs and aaaaahs. I compare it to having a beautiful silk ball gown. On its own, it's lovely and elegant. But no, that's not enough. These people have to add lace, ruffles, ribbons, bows, and sequins to every square inch of it. Because it's not about the dress. It's about showing off all of their fancy sewing skills.
I fully agree. I hate it when suddenly they start ululating and so. Off the top of my head, I have always connected the practice with Christina Aguilera, but it is quite common. Not just mangling other songs, it seldom adds anything at all to songs with it written in.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unorganized drawers, closets, etc., not because of what it "looks like" but because when I need to use something, I want to be able to go right to it and get it, without having to spend time rummaging for it.

But people just don't understand that. Here's how it goes:

1.) I work hard to organize the area, carefully sorting everything into categories so I'll know right where it is the next time I need it. Finally I've got it all set up. AAAA in one container. BBBB in the next. Followed by CCCC, then DDDD. You get the picture.
2.) The next time I go to get something I need, I find the containers all BDAC DABB CDCC DAAB again.
3.) Say anything at all, and I get, "Oh, what difference does it make what it looks like in there? Nobody but us ever sees it!"
4.) I explain again for the umpteenth time that the issue is not what it looks like, and I get... total lack of understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Owen

Sep 23, 2022
Minneapolis
✟14,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! wut?

politicians
There is a regular occurrence, Prius' that move to the left lane and set their cruise control to 54 mph and refuse to move out of that lane. I could scream.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a regular occurrence, Prius' that move to the left lane and set their cruise control to 54 mph and refuse to move out of that lane. I could scream.
LOL!

Some commercials. (have you seen the RUKUS commercial yet?

:confused:

Upvote 0