Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When a profound and timely message is given by a minister or pastor and the audience/congregation "claps" as if they were just "entertained" or watched a "good show". In this message in particular i'm referring to, the speaker was going to close in prayer, but the audience/congregation applauded, drowning out what the speaker repeated about closing in prayer, several times.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When the trash can is obviously full yet people keep stuffing it so that garbage spills out in the bin... :sigh:
LOL! i agree, but sometimes you just GOTTA laugh

^_^

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When a profound and timely message is given by a minister or pastor and the audience/congregation "claps" as if they were just "entertained" or watched a "good show". In this message in particular i'm referring to, the speaker was going to close in prayer, but the audience/congregation applauded, drowning out what the speaker repeated about closing in prayer, several times.
What? That is horrible. I hate services that degenate into cheap entertainment instead of being a chance to commune with God. That is why I tend towards older, stuffier churches. You know, more stately affairs. My minister always incorporates 5 minutes of silent prayer into his services, likely to the annoyance of many - especially as he also keeps the children present for it, which can be trying. I like it myself, though I have small children as well.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What? That is horrible. I hate services that degenate into cheap entertainment instead of being a chance to commune with God. That is why I tend towards older, stuffier churches. You know, more stately affairs. My minister always incorporates 5 minutes of silent prayer into his services, likely to the annoyance of many - especially as he also keeps the children present for it, which can be trying. I like it myself, though I have small children as well.
i agree...i begin wondering, didn't they even HEAR his message? This message in particular was about the depravity of the concentration/death camps, and also how that evil ties in to our OWN need for a "new heart" from God. It was a sobering message, and prompting us to prayer and examining our own hearts.

What i found out after listening, is "whose" church it was. Then i understood. Then i prayed for the pastor of the church and the congregation.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when the movie theatre switches to making u pick your seat BEFORE u go inside

how do I know where the tall or sick (coughing like crazy) people are going to sit?
or the kids who will kick the back of seat entire time?

I want to pick my seat once I see who's inside!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Today is Friday, right?

I've been thinking it's Friday until now. :doh: I need a nap.
LOL! It's Thursday, but i had to look at the calendar as well.....

i can NOT believe i got stuck on listening to the news last night....

Ugh!!!

WHY do i DO this?

Talk about STRESS!!!

(ever notice how FAST they talk?)

:doh: :swoon:

• Haha
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have some pet peeves, mostly related to grammar and writing. I thought it might be fun to see what others' pet peeves are. They don't have to be writing related.
When you go to have cereals in the morning but you forgot to buy the milk the day before. Yeah, I hate that.

You forget to put out the garbage and it's full. Yeah, I hate that too.

Your shopping and you realize that you left your wallet at home. Yeah, I have done that also.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
People who kick you when you're already down.
YESSSS!!!!! i HATE that.

Ugh! THAT is partly why i became an advocate for those who are kicked when they're already down. It's a horribly onerous thing to do. I become like a female "David" going against Goliath....the bigger n' badder they are, the harder they fall....

Well now you've done it....you got me going ^_^

Ok, back on track....

i HATE pens that don't write, especially a whole pack of 'em that ya' just bought.

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today my pet peeve is that practice known as oversinging. You know, where these pop singers take a beautiful, classic song and mangle it to death by adding all kinds of unnecessary runs and trills and slides and oooohs and aaaaahs. I compare it to having a beautiful silk ball gown. On its own, it's lovely and elegant. But no, that's not enough. These people have to add lace, ruffles, ribbons, bows, and sequins to every square inch of it. Because it's not about the dress. It's about showing off all of their fancy sewing skills.

Upvote 0