Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If i got cancer tomorrow, then it's time for me to start making some better lifestyle choices ._., and I don't mean more praying.
While for the vast majority of people I agree with this not everyone would this apply to.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While for the vast majority of people I agree with this not everyone would this apply to.

I barely made it through that sentence without it's use of commas, but I think I understand you xD. Who would it not apply to?

Upvote 0

jenjen486

The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quick little question; you're saying that Obamacare is going to require everybody to get a chip. Even if that is true (which it isn't), that would only apply to citizens of the United States. What about the other 6.7 billion people (or so) who wouldn't have anything to do with Obamacare? Doesn't the prophecy say that everybody will get a mark? Obamacare would only give it to less than 5% of people.

Its like I told allornothing, even if this isn't the mark, its one step closer to it. Just getting a persons foot in the door, if not the actual thing. Just remember, there will be a man coming soon, who will solve all the worlds problems, who will seem nice and good, be very convincing, and I tell you that He will stand in the temple after jerusalem builds it, and claim to be Christ.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Just because there are many troubles in this life, does not mean we trust in man for those troubles, but only in God should we trust. No, if they are diseased, they should put their trust in God, and He will heal them. Having the elders pray over them, and annoint them with oil, there is nothing that God cannot do.

Hog wash. To say only those you deem as faithful or God being faithful to get diseases is just not biblical. Timothy suffered from frequent stomach aches. God doesn't choose to heal all believers. You cannot prove that only the faithful are healed because you can't know people's hearts. This is how you turn people off, got cancer? You're not faithful enough. :doh:

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I barely made it through that sentence without it's use of commas, but I think I understand you xD. Who would it not apply to?
For example, my father had colon cancer. Now in his case it was a lifestyle issue, however, now that he has had it I am at a higher likely hood of getting it just because he had it (no matter what I do or do not do). Age increases the risk of cancer ( no matter how well the person has cared for his or herself. In some cases even things like your ethic background can put you at higher risk for certain cancers.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Its like I told allornothing, even if this isn't the mark, its one step closer to it. Just getting a persons foot in the door, if not the actual thing. Just remember, there will be a man coming soon, who will solve all the worlds problems, who will seem nice and good, be very convincing, and I tell you that He will stand in the temple after jerusalem builds it, and claim to be Christ.
Not to be rude, but you did not address how if you believe this is the market how people in other nations will get it since they have no part in Obamacare.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
For example, my father had colon cancer. Now in his case it was a lifestyle issue, however, now that he has had it I am at a higher likely hood of getting it just because he had it (no matter what I do or do not do). Age increases the risk of cancer ( no matter how well the person has cared for his or herself. In some cases even things like your ethic background can put you at higher risk for certain cancers.

I was talking to an older woman at my school that told me how she survived cancer 3 times by keeping active and going to school.

I'm sure your father can overcome it. Well, I hope for him.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And how does one differentiate between the two?

What does that even mean?

We differentiate between the two, because one, is motivated by success, and more things in this world, or it feels the need to learn by our own power and mind. The other, is motivated by the gospel of christ, saving souls, and knows that we are able to do things by the spirit living through us, and does not feel the need to learn with our own minds, but rather, just God working through us.

We become fools in our own minds, dying to ourselves (our sinful nature) daily, and living by the Spirit. Then if we sow to the Spirit, and live by the Spirit, Christs wisdom and mind replaces ours. So that we do not use our own wisdom, but wisdom that comes directly from God, just as Christ did. He speaks throug us, and we are given life, to our mortal bodies, through the Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was talking to an older woman at my school that told me how she survived cancer 3 times by keeping active and going to school.

I'm sure your father can overcome it. Well, I hope for him.
He no longer has it, however I did not say that your lifestyle will not help you survive. What I am saying is that there are risk factors for certain cancers that have little or nothing to do with lifestyle.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hog wash. To say only those you deem as faithful or God being faithful to get diseases is just not biblical. Timothy suffered from frequent stomach aches. God doesn't choose to heal all believers. You cannot prove that only the faithful are healed because you can't know people's hearts. This is how you turn people off, got cancer? You're not faithful enough. :doh:

That's not what I said. I have said, that I know God allows us to be sick. But when we are sick, we must not trust in man, but only God. Scripture says one thing, and one thing only to those who are sick. Read james 5. I have quoted it many times already.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's not what I said. I have said, that I know God allows us to be sick. But when we are sick, we must not trust in man, but only God. Scripture says one thing, and one thing only to those who are sick. Read james 5. I have quoted it many times already.
However, even if what you say is true and God does not want us to use medical professionals he does not heal everyone.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In jeremiah, it says "cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength, and whose heart turns away from God.
Again, if you asks me God actually sometimes expects people in the west to go to a doctor, however you are entitled to your own convictons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jenjen486

Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
However, even if what you say is true and God does not want us to use medical professionals he does not heal everyone.

Even when james 5 says that you Will be healed? If you call on the elders of the church, they annoint you with oil, and the prayer offered, in faith, WILL make the sick person well.

Upvote 0

LostFarmer

what ever
Mar 1, 2012
EARTH
✟61,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The main reason for all of the government "help" programs are to teach use to trust in man, there by giving thanks and glory to man .

Upvote 0
C

conamer

God uses people/flawed people to do great things yet you think that is trusting in men if you go to a doctor. What, all doctor's aren't Christians?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Even when james 5 says that you Will be healed? If you call on the elders of the church, they annoint you with oil, and the prayer offered, in faith, WILL make the sick person well.
There have been many times that the sick have been prayed for and have died.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.