• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

People dishonesty drive me crazy

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When your initial sense is right, you still need to build up your judgement as you grow. But then you are living around with people who lie and dishonest, so say "A" when they really think is "B". And who speak but act / behave different. And then when things happen, they often think it's your fault.

This drive me crazy, this lead me brain damage.

I feel like being grow up by false teaching. And if I don't realize, I may feel more comfortable, but reality is I feel so mess up.

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When your initial sense is right, you still need to build up your judgement as you grow. But then you are living around with people who lie and dishonest, so say "A" when they really think is "B". And who speak but act / behave different. And then when things happen, they often think it's your fault.

This drive me crazy, this lead me brain damage.

I feel like being grow up by false teaching. And if I don't realize, I may feel more comfortable, but reality is I feel so mess up.
You, my friend, have just described my only offline friend (or whatever you call her now). UGGGGGGGGGG I HATE IT! You are not alone. NOT alone at all. I AM SUCH A BIG believer that when one says something then DO IT! Like her big thing is "oh my job does not come first, I promise" what a sack of ..... WORK IS HER LIFE, never was like that in the past but NOW it is her life. My depression means NOTHING to her anymore.
You're right this has to do with our upbringing as well, my parents pulled the same crap too, said one thing and did another.
I can't wait to be gone!
SOrry this happened to you, I don't wish this on anyone!!!!

Upvote 0

edwardfsmith

Nov 11, 2011
wisconsin
✟8,040.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I feel misunderstood by my whole family.
I always wondered if my father would understand me better when he was gone.

I do not know how people can be dishonest.
I find it does no good, and is uncomfortable.

I think I am very honest in my dealings with people, but maybe that is why I never get anywhere LOL

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we all come into contact with people who are like this-- some of us have to deal with close family members who behave like this (they love us but they act like this ???), perhaps its a co-worker or a group of them, or even a friend or two.

A close relative of mine started behaving like this as I got older and I killed me on the inside-- her behavior was probably one of the reasons why my anxiety and depression were so bad for a number of years. Not that I can blame her for her actions (I can't control what she does) but I let myself be controlled by her and I allowed myself to become stressed out if I wasn't making her happy.

After a move, I was able to start taking more control of aspects in my life-- she still does what she does, but I don't let it get to me. I limit my contact with her, even though I love her dearly and I know in her own way she loves me dearly (she has repeated shown me she does truly and honestly love me).

I'm hoping that the people you have in your life who are doing this to you are people can limit your time with too. It's hard to break off a connection, but sometimes its the very best thing you can do for yourself :hug:

Upvote 0