Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
NO, I do not see you as a heretic. i would not call you a heretic, because you obviously are not.

I believe you are deceived and completely obsessed over what you believe is the Word of Faith is. I believe you don't know and do not want to know anything about what the Word of Faith really teaches, but I would not call you a heretic.

I have heard out of your own writing that you have accepted the free gift of Salvation that is by Grace through faith. That makes you my brother in Christ, not a heretic.

I have seen your great love and zeal for what you have been taught the word of God says and I applaud your zeal, even if it is misplaced in my opinion. But I would NEVER call you a heretic.

Jim, whether you know it or not, I cherish you as a fellow Brother in Christ. Every time you insult me and others, every time you label us with those horrible words, I pray for you. Not for judgment, but for God to be gracious to you.

NO JIM you are wrong, I do not believe you are a heretic.

And neither am I.

I agree. We have become united with all other believers by faith in Christ, who said, "I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). Jesus meant He would gather together a body of believers. He wasn't talking about organizations; He was talking about people. We who know and love Him are the living church that has been born into the family of God by the Holy Spirit.

However, we are divided by each of our doctrines. In Christ, we all are Christians however we are divided by doctrines. I cannot embrace WOF's key doctrines even though we do have common beliefs in many areas.

For us to conclude heresy ISN'T just something we don't like or something different than our denominational perspective. Heresy is teachings that are contrary to the bulk of historic Christian interpretation (i.e Scriptural understanding as has been guided by the Holy Spirit throughout Church history). Heresy divides people away from any resemblence of historic Christianity into some "new" teaching.

RCC called Martin Luther a heretic but to many of us, he was a great preacher. Martin Luther was used by God to develop, what theologians call "soteriology" the doctrine of salvation.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heresy is denying Jesus is Lord, or His divinity. No one here is doing that.

Heresy is false teaching. Adding to, taking away from, or otherwise altering the truth
given to men by the divine inspiration of the Living GOD, pointing to something other than the Truth.
Yes, this is also denying Jesus' Lordship as well as His divinity. No disagreement there...but then,
I didn't accuse anyone specifically, did I? No, I was only merely attempting to answer DMW's question,
and then to explain my answer since I knew his question was meant to be rhetorical.

There is no such thing as a spirit of error.

I do hope you are not taking my words in a different context than I intended...
but to clarify, I will show you what I meant when I said "spirit of error." It is Scriptural.

1 John 4:6...

"We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us.
By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error."

Last edited:
Upvote 0