United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How comparable are the two?

I have my own opinions on the Pentecostal-Charismatic relationship, but I'm interested in hearing what other people here have to say.
My opinion about the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements are that they were great movements of God but people should never have made denominations out of them. I do not doubt that the gifts are still active today and that God still moves supernaturally in and through the church but I think a lot of leaders and people from both camps went on to invent theologies, doctrine, and teachings which clearly are not in line with the word of God or the history of the church.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have my own opinions on the Pentecostal-Charismatic relationship, but I'm interested in hearing what other people here have to say.
Pentecostal's are charismatic. The only reason there is a charismatic designation is because the supernatural gifts jumped denominations, like the Catholic charismatics. One need only to believe in all the gifts to be a charismatic. The term charismatic is not a denomination it is the designation of a Christian's belief in the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit.

Now, the problem with many charismatics is they have little to no discernment, mainly due to the ignorance of scriptural doctrine when practicing the "least" of the gifts. It has also allowed a deception to creep in which will, or in many cases, has already resulted in confusion, sin and quenching of the Holy Spirit.

I think this is all I have to say about it.

Blessings

• Winner
Reactions: Rawtheran
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Here in Nova Scotia, Canada through the Alpha Program the Pentecostals and Charismatic Catholics are together and getting along famously.

I just heard some amazing comments on a Deliverance type ministry in this video by a man who I think would be termed Pentecostal.... but I know that Charismatic Catholics where I live would probably turn out in serious numbers to listen to him if he were to come to our area?

What he states on Deliverance after the 1:15:00 minute mark is exceptionally interesting.

Upvote 0