Robin 8^)
May 25, 2007
California
✟67,202.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I would like to make a call for peace. We seem to be tearing each other to pieces instead of encouraging each other. Lets stop focusing on the problems, slights, etc. and start focusing on God.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

1 Thessalonians 5:11-16
11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I am not pointing any fingers, I think we were all at fault. However, there are obviously some subjects we need to accept that we can not peaceably discuss. Time is one of these subjects and I would like to suggest that this topic be banned (at least for now).

The purpose of this thread is not to debate, to assign blame, or to justify actions in the past. It is to make a commitment to the above scriptures that would be pleasing to Christ and edify the body.

Reactions: Jim47

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I would like to make a call for peace. We seem to be tearing each other to pieces instead of encouraging each other. Lets stop focusing on the problems, slights, etc. and start focusing on God.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

1 Thessalonians 5:11-16
11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I am not pointing any fingers, I think we were all at fault. However, there are obviously some subjects we need to accept that we can not peaceably discuss. Time is one of these subjects and I would like to suggest that this topic be banned (at least for now).

The purpose of this thread is not to debate, to assign blame, or to justify actions in the past. It is to make a commitment to the above scriptures that would be pleasing to Christ and edify the body.
Amen! :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0