✟17,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Heard in an "advanced" PCA SS class:

1. "Was Jesus born with a sin nature?"

2. "Could Jesus have sinned if He wanted to?"

3. "It seems to me that He had to be capable of sin to overcome the temtation to sin. Otherwise how could He do this?: Heb 2:18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted."

4. "If Jesus was incapable of sin in His humanity, that would render the temptation in the desert a sham." This last a comment from a retired PCA Pastor.

Any comments? Just wanna see if my SR bro.s and sisters see the same problems with this as I do.

Sep 10, 2005
SE
✟24,268.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

3. "It seems to me that He had to be capable of sin to overcome the temtation to sin. Otherwise how could He do this?: Heb 2:18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted."

4. "If Jesus was incapable of sin in His humanity, that would render the temptation in the desert a sham." This last a comment from a retired PCA Pastor.

Any comments? Just wanna see if my SR bro.s and sisters see the same problems with this as I do.

It's the old dichotomy, Jesus being fully God and fully man.

CC&E

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Ugh.

I hold in my hand a lug nut. It is extremely dense. No amount of pressure I exert is going to strip this lug nut. It is naturally impossible that me, a limited human creature, could muster the strength to strip this lug nut.

But to say the lug nut was under no pressure from me -- that's a farce.

1. Jesus was born with a human nature -- it was sinless, thank God.

2. Jesus was not under some fatalistic compulsion of the universe that prevented Him from sinning. Jesus could not have sinned -- because His sinless nature, both human and Divine, would never pick the sinful alternative. It was impossible.

3. Forget fatalism and the knot's untied. All the pressure and power of this corrupt universe fell upon Jesus Christ's shoulders to sin, just as the pressures come on us -- and we buckle under that pressure readily, by the second, minute, hour, day.

4. Forget fatalism and the knot's untied. This was no sham. Supernatural pressure and power were at work to attack Jesus Christ. He took it all. His will was greater than the powers of this world.

Upvote 0

MerCYsMIraCLe

I AM a Miracle of Mercy
Mar 2, 2007
Canada
✟15,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ugh.

I hold in my hand a lug nut. It is extremely dense. No amount of pressure I exert is going to strip this lug nut. It is naturally impossible that me, a limited human creature, could muster the strength to strip this lug nut.

But to say the lug nut was under no pressure from me -- that's a farce.

1. Jesus was born with a human nature -- it was sinless, thank God.

2. Jesus was not under some fatalistic compulsion of the universe that prevented Him from sinning. Jesus could not have sinned -- because His sinless nature, both human and Divine, would never pick the sinful alternative. It was impossible.

3. Forget fatalism and the knot's untied. All the pressure and power of this corrupt universe fell upon Jesus Christ's shoulders to sin, just as the pressures come on us -- and we buckle under that pressure readily, by the second, minute, hour, day.

4. Forget fatalism and the knot's untied. This was no sham. Supernatural pressure and power were at work to attack Jesus Christ. He took it all. His will was greater than the powers of this world.
GREAT Analogy!

Upvote 0