Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was an Elder in the PC-USA. The move away from a biblical standard for faith and church rule to a societal standard was what drove me out of that Denomination.

The deciding Presbytery vote has been cast which removes the marriage and chastity provision from the rules.

May God have mercy on the persons that cast these votes.

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So you think this will result in more converts coming over to the Catholic Church, like what happened with the Anglicans, perhaps?

I had a thought yesterday, maybe that is why this has been allowed to happen... the Protestant denominations are getting more and more liberal, so more are joining the Church

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Part of the reason for my curiosity with the RCC is the liberalism of most protestant churches
A lot of people that come to RCIA say the exact same thing. I can't help but wonder if God is using these things to gather people into the Church.

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After I started asking questions then I read and researched. A lot of the conversion dealt with intellectual understandings and some dealt with a spiritual leading....

I can't clame to have had that "conversion experience" though. It is interesting, nonetheless that the liberalism and controversy in the protestant sects of Christianity will lead a lot of people home.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After I started asking questions then I read and researched. A lot of the conversion dealt with intellectual understandings and some dealt with a spiritual leading....

I can't clame to have had that "conversion experience" though. It is interesting, nonetheless that the liberalism and controversy in the protestant sects of Christianity will lead a lot of people home.
I think it will too. From my experience... I was feeling led there but studied a good 2 years before setting foot in RCIA.

Upvote 0

Blind As A Bat

Mar 2, 2011
There's something cold and blank, behind her smile
✟3,505.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
So it's going to be "politically correct", as in, "I the president of the United States, hereby give everyone a right to join whatever they want, regardless of how others feel"? We have the same thing here with the gay couple Cameron and Clegg. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums