Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul asks this question;

Galatians 3:2 (NASB)
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

The answer was given as;

Galatians 3:3 (NASB)
Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Forever answering the question of how one did receive and will continue to grow in Christ.

“By the hearing with faith.”

This is the one and only way to grow in Christ, all other “learning” is but a work of the flesh and trying to establish a righteousness of one’s own. Only that which is birthed in us by the Spirit of Christ is Christ being formed in us. All other “learning” is a carnal understanding of scripture and is devoid of any true spiritual understanding. For all true understanding of scripture has to come from the Christ that is formed in us or it will remain forever only a human understanding of words.

Faith in the promises of God to be made partakers of the Divine Nature, is alone the way of salvation and it is through faith alone that is the way this Divine Nature can be grown. And the growing of it, is the fruit spoken of in scripture as the fruit of the Spirit. And the fruit itself is the works spoken of by James as proof of one’s faith.

This Divine Nature come to birth in us is our salvation. The “how” of the growing of this Divine Nature is the question Paul was answering.

“One thing I want to know from you.”

Making this question the question of questions when it comes to whether our salvation is by faith.

“How did you receive the Spirit, by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?”

The answer was given as;

“are you so foolish”.

Let us not follow suit, but go to God with an open heart, and truly ask just want He is meaning to portray here, and we will find He is not hiding anything, and is truly putting forth it is by faith in the operation of God in the soul of man is how our salvation is to be made manifest in us.... A ever present moment by moment hope, in His ever present love. For the salvation we have in Christ is a great one indeed, it all comes through Christ really and truly manifesting His Nature and life moment by moment each and every day in us and it all comes through the faith of the heart turned towards God.

For it comes down to this simple thought;

How can a created being form their Creator in themselves? The answer is they can’t. It has to be done for them, they can play no part whatsoever. But they can desire it and wait patiently before their Creator, that their Creator might fulfill His promises in them, that as scripture says;...that they can walk in newness of life. For;

The just shall live by faith”.

For it is the faith in the operation of God in the soul as a ever present manifestation of the Life of Christ in us that is our salvation in Christ.

Take this question of Paul’s before God and ask Him the answer. For joy, freedom, blessings and hope await the soul that does.

So as Paul said, blessings to all that would walk by this rule.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“By the hearing with faith.”

This is soo important to understand - that we hear from the Lord, which is going to take some faith that He is there to be heard from.

Oh - we might learn in many ways, but the taking time to listen to His voice is how we receive the Spirit. Jesus said He stands at the door and knocks, and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him. So again we see we receive the Spirit of the Lord by listening to His voice and opening up to Him. And this listening and opening up to Him is not just a one time thing, but we need to practice it. Paul, when writing to the Galatians wrote something about 'having begun'... We might begin by hearing from Him. Perhaps we pick up that little voice of feeling inside the tells us to go up and accept the Lord, but having begun that way do we continue to seek Him.

The answer is of course not. If we did Paul would not have had to write what he did and certainly God would not have to had to keep a record in the Bible to reminds us of our problem, if it only concerned the Galatians at that specific time. The message, the bible, is for us today, and every day called 'Today'. And more important than the message is the One who the Bible says we can hear from. The message is to tell us to listen, but it is not the message but the listening like the message says.

So what do you hear? Today, what did you hear? I don't need to know, but everyone needs to answer that question everyday, and through out the day. As for me, I just finished up some work I needed to get done, and was just about to shut down the computer, when that still small voice asks me to go on the forum first, please.

That doesn't mean I listened to Him much today. Certainly not like I should have. Yeah, this morning He had a few instructions for me. A little latter He sent and angel to minister to me for a bit. He told me to stop for lunch at a particular location and gave me a quick teaching. Then He had me stop and check on a car that I was having fixed, and it was a good thing I did because they fixed a fan belt, but had missed that the fan belt was not the main reason I had brought it in. So they had to go back to work on it. Then I didn't hear much till just now. I intentionally ignored Him at least once during the afternoon. I was going to ignore Him now, but I heard Him tell me about three times.

I don't listen very well to Him, but on a bad day, like today, I still hear from Him a number of times each day. He does indeed stand there speaking and if I, or anyone, hears His voice and opens the door He will come in and eat with you and you with Him.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
Matthew 23 2 “The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them."

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, its a total life of faith. Hear by faith, live by faith, walk by faith. The works/fruit/obedience is produced through faith. We are joined to Christ by faith and made a new creation. We are made a good, new self that grows and matures through dependence on Christ.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is soo important to understand - that we hear from the Lord, which is going to take some faith that He is there to be heard from.

Oh - we might learn in many ways, but the taking time to listen to His voice is how we receive the Spirit. Jesus said He stands at the door and knocks, and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him. So again we see we receive the Spirit of the Lord by listening to His voice and opening up to Him. And this listening and opening up to Him is not just a one time thing, but we need to practice it. Paul, when writing to the Galatians wrote something about 'having begun'... We might begin by hearing from Him. Perhaps we pick up that little voice of feeling inside the tells us to go up and accept the Lord, but having begun that way do we continue to seek Him.

The answer is of course not. If we did Paul would not have had to write what he did and certainly God would not have to had to keep a record in the Bible to reminds us of our problem, if it only concerned the Galatians at that specific time. The message, the bible, is for us today, and every day called 'Today'. And more important than the message is the One who the Bible says we can hear from. The message is to tell us to listen, but it is not the message but the listening like the message says.

So what do you hear? Today, what did you hear? I don't need to know, but everyone needs to answer that question everyday, and through out the day. As for me, I just finished up some work I needed to get done, and was just about to shut down the computer, when that still small voice asks me to go on the forum first, please.

That doesn't mean I listened to Him much today. Certainly not like I should have. Yeah, this morning He had a few instructions for me. A little latter He sent and angel to minister to me for a bit. He told me to stop for lunch at a particular location and gave me a quick teaching. Then He had me stop and check on a car that I was having fixed, and it was a good thing I did because they fixed a fan belt, but had missed that the fan belt was not the main reason I had brought it in. So they had to go back to work on it. Then I didn't hear much till just now. I intentionally ignored Him at least once during the afternoon. I was going to ignore Him now, but I heard Him tell me about three times.

I don't listen very well to Him, but on a bad day, like today, I still hear from Him a number of times each day. He does indeed stand there speaking and if I, or anyone, hears His voice and opens the door He will come in and eat with you and you with Him.

Scripture says God teaches us with His eye upon us. Meaning He’s our personal tutor.

And how blessed we are to have a tutor Who loves us so.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

Yes, its a total life of faith. Hear by faith, live by faith, walk by faith. The works/fruit/obedience is produced through faith. We are joined to Christ by faith and made a new creation. We are made a good, new self that grows and matures through dependence on Christ.

Your words are a blessing to read!
You are running well, be most blessed my fellow laborer in Christ.

In Christ, Not me

Matthew 23 2 “The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them."

Thanks for the scriptures.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture says God teaches us with His eye upon us.
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. (2chron16:9) Some people believe that this is a reference to the angels. David tells us that God writes the book of our life before we are even born. The angels are able to read our book and they can help us to become the people God wants us to be. Of course the Holy Spirit is to be our Teacher and our Guide. 1John2:27 "And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His TRUE and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught."

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. (2chron16:9) Some people believe that this is a reference to the angels. David tells us that God writes the book of our life before we are even born. The angels are able to read our book and they can help us to become the people God wants us to be. Of course the Holy Spirit is to be our Teacher and our Guide. 1John2:27 "And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His TRUE and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught."

I liked the above post and this topic

Our Lord, Jesus Christ is the King of kings. That is to say He is a King who has a kingdom of powerful being. The Kingdom of God is a kingdom of power. Yet Jesus told Pilot that His kingdom was not of this world! The Scriptures make is clear that God is spirit.

So if we are going to hook up with the King and His kingdom, we are going to have to see with our spiritual eyes and hear with our spiritual ears. Did you receive the Spirit by works of the Law or by hearing with faith?

We hook up with our Lord Jesus Christ with our spiritual senses and that via the Holy Spirit.

Jn 16:13-15 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All thing that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Consider: The Kingdom of God belongs to the Son, the King, according to the will of the Father. The Spirit discloses it to you. That is to say, we do not only have a King, but a Kingdom!!!

We connect to the King, Jesus Christ, who has a Kingdom via the Holy Spirit whom we can hear from with our spiritual ears! But again, it is not just the King but a King with a Kingdom!!

Mat 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

When we talk about hearing with faith, we talk about being hooked up with the Holy Spirit who discloses the King and His Kingdom to us. Too often I see Christian who don't seek the King, Jesus Christ, but lean on their own understanding. And too often I also see Christians who supposedly see Jesus Christ the King of kings, but don't understand He has a kingdom???

How well can someone possibly know the King and not know about His kingdom?

Surely, if we are listening much at all to the King and have come to know Him, then we must have also encountered the Kingdom. Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

These should be very embarrassing question!!

A Christian should be extremely embarrassed by that question simply being asked! If we really have the kind of relationship with the King that we should have, we would obviously know we pick up the King and His kingdom via hearing with our spirit through the Holy Spirit!! And if we are indeed seeking first the Kingdom of God, then didn't we find the King and also His kingdom??

Can a day go by where you are not hearing from the King and His kingdom? The King said He will never leave you and the kingdom of God is in your midst. So it is that even on my bad days, days when for some stupid reason (and I admit I can be stupid and get angry with things/ God) I will still hear from the Lord and His kingdom. In fact on those days I tend to hear from angels a lot. Isn't there something written about angels picking you up if you fall?

Yeah, I am stupid and I fall at times. But if that is stupid, how stupid is it to not hear from the Spirit of God who discloses the King and His kingdom to you?

Sooo often I have started to tell other Christians about hearing from the Lord and the angels He sends to minister to me and they obviously considered me strange. They seem to think I am wrong or that I am special, but little do they know that I am neither but that they are not seeking the King with a kingdom!

It is stupid for me to sometimes get upset with the Lord but that is not nearly as stupid as not seeking the Kingdom of God!!

So it is that the very embarrassing question was asked by Paul and recorded as a question to all mankind in the Scriptures:

"This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

BTW - if I talk to a person and start to tell them about hearing from the Lord and the ministering angels He sends to me and they don't understand - I know the answer to that question!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In fact on those days I tend to hear from angels a lot.
This gets me in trouble when I talk about this. I believe the Library in Heaven has all wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Just as God has all the answers. The Angels take care of the Library in Heaven and our Angels can get any wisdom, knowledge or understanding that we may want. It may not be so easy for them to teach this to us if we are slow learners at times.

When I had a dream about my daughter in Heaven one of her angels was reading a book. Later on I learned that this is the book that God writes about our life before we are even born. Psalm 139: "15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God, how vast is their sum!"

Our angels can read the book of our life and then they can help us to be the people God intends for us to be. David actually talks four times in the psalms about a book. "Then I said,“Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll: I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart.” (Psalm 40:7) David talks a lot about his love for the Law of God and how it was his delight to do God's Will.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟123,095.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Worship of angels was what was being pointed out as a false worship ( I believe to the Essene’s who’s lives revolved around angels) in the book of Hebrews found in the comparisons to Jesus that are seen.

Hebrews 1:1-14 The Son is higher than the angels
Hebrews 2:1-4 Therefore, we had better listen to what He has said
Hebrews 2:5-18 The Son became lower than the angels in order to save humankind

Angels are the perfect (and also the imperfect) example of worship & who does the will of God in heaven that God would like to see on earth. They bring messages and judgements. They’ll return with Christ in judgement and now patrol God’s earth as His representatives etc.

Psalms 103:20
Bless the Lord, O you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
obedient to his spoken word.
Psalms 148:2
Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his host!​

As God’s representatives what does that tell Christians about how we should conduct ourselves? I would caution against listening to anything but the still small voice once it is recognized as authority in your life.

Hebrews 4:
4 Thus he became so far better than the angels as he has inherited a name superior to theirs.
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to serve those who will inherit salvation?​

Last edited:
Upvote 0