Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: Romans Chapter 4

Romans 5 (CLV)
1 Being, then, justified by faith, we may be having peace toward God, through our Lord, Jesus Christ, 2 through Whom we have the access also, by faith, into this grace in which we stand, and we may be glorying in expectation of the glory of God." 3 Yet not only so, but we may be glorying also in afflictions, having perceived that affliction is producing endurance, 4 yet endurance testedness, yet testedness expectation." 5 Now expectation is not mortifying, seeing that the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the holy spirit which is being given to us." 6 For Christ, while we are still infirm, still in accord with the era, for the sake of the irreverent, died." 7 For hardly for the sake of a just man will anyone be dying: for, for the sake of a good man, perhaps someone may even be daring to die, 8 yet God is commending this love of His to us, seeing that, while we are still sinners, Christ died for our sakes." 9 Much rather, then, being now justified in His blood, we shall be saved from indignation, through Him." 10 For if, being enemies, we were conciliated to God through the death of His Son, much rather, being conciliated, we shall be saved in His life." 11 Yet not only so, but we are glorying also in God, through our Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom we now obtained the conciliation." 12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind, on which all sinned -"

Adam was given instruction ( H6680 Commandment).

(CLV) Gn 3:11
Then He asked: Who told you that you are naked unless you have eaten from the only tree that I instructed you by no means to eat from it?

He failed to keep the instruction. Therefore he sinned. (disobeyed the commandment). Therefore the consequences 'sin death' or the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

13 for until law sin was in the world, yet sin is not being taken into account when there is no law;"

Clearly Adam's sin was counted. From this we can derive that the Law of Sin and Death came when Adam sinned.

14 nevertheless death reigns from Adam unto Moses, over those also who do not sin in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him Who is about to be."

What is sin?

According to John it's transgression of the law.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin is doing lawlessness also, and sin is lawlessness.

Some believe that Adam had only one commandment to obey. Clearly this is not the case. Genesis 1:26-30 makes it clear that there had been more, since when man was created.

Many believe that YHWH's commandments weren't given until Moses; but clearly this is not the case.

In Genesis 4:7 we have our first explicit recording of a sacrifice for sin.

Cain Killed Able; and he was punished for murder. Why would YHWH punish Cain; if Cain didn't know that murder was a sin?

Even if for some reason, one believes that he didn't; after that incident, murder was known to be a sin.

YHWH repeats this command, along with other commandments; before he makes a covenant with Noah.

(CLV) Gn 9:6
Whoever sheds the blood of a human, by a human his blood shall be shed; for in the image of Elohim He has made humanity.

How did Noah know the difference between clean, and unclean, animals?

(CLV) Gn 7:2
Of every clean beast you shall take with you seven by seven, the sire and his dam, and of the beast that is not clean, of them pairs, the sire and his dam.

This refutes a claim that the law against murder began with Moses. What differed is that Moses received these laws in writing.

Adultery was unlawful before Moses. Abimelek knew it. Genesis 20:1–7

(CLV) Gn 39:9
He is no greater in this house than I am; and he has not kept back anything from me except you, because you are his wife. How should I do this great evil and sin against Elohim?

Stealing was against the law before Moses.

(CLV) Gn 30:33
My righteousness will answer ifor me, on the morrow day, when you come on my hire before you: Everyone that is not speckled or flecked among the goats and brown among the sheep, that one shall count with me as stolen

Abraham kept YHWH's laws before Moses received them in writing.

(CLV) Gn 26:5
inasmuch as your father Abraham hearkened to My voice and kept My charge, My instructions, My statutes and My laws.

Some would say that because the details of the law were not broken down in Genesis; that there was no torah before Moses. Clearly this is not the case.

The purpose of the Book of Genesis is obviously not to break down the details of the law. That is done in other books.

15 But not as the offense, thus also the grace. For if, by the offense of the one, the many died, much rather the grace of God and the gratuity in grace, which is of the One Man, Jesus Christ, to the many superabounds."

Offense of what?

16 And not as through one act of sinning is the gratuity. For, indeed, the judgment is out of one into condemnation, yet the grace is out of many offenses into a just award."

What is sin?

17 For if, by the offense of the one, death reigns through the one, much rather, those obtaining the superabundance of grace and the gratuity of righteousness shall be reigning in life through the One, Jesus Christ." 18

Law of Sin and Death

Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying."

Law of Sin and Death

19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

What is sin?

20 Yet law came in by the way, that the offense should be increasing. Yet where sin increases, grace superexceeds, 21 that, even as Sin reigns in death, thus Grace also should be reigning through righteousness, for life eonian, through Jesus Christ, our Lord."

What law?

What offense? Well obviously transgression of YHWH's commands.

What is sin?

When you break the law; sin (transgression of the law) reigns over you in death.

Thereby you are under The Law of Sin and Death

The Law of Sin and death is the consequence of ignoring YHWH's instruction.

As we read through the Book of Romans; we are beginning to see that Paul speaks of multiple types of law.

What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

Obedience to The Law of YHWH, God's Law

Legal Terms:

The Law of Faith (Ch 3)
A Different Law (Ch 7)
The Law of My Mind (Ch 7)
The Law of Sin (Sin's Law) (Ch 7)
God's Law (Ch 7)
The Spirit's Law of Life (Ch 8)
The Law of Sin and Death (Ch 8)
The Law of Righteousness (Ch 9)

Romans Chapter 6

Last edited:

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Romans 5 (CLV)
1 Being, then, justified by faith, we may be having peace toward God, through our Lord, Jesus Christ, 2 through Whom we have the access also, by faith, into this grace in which we stand, and we may be glorying in expectation of the glory of God." 3 Yet not only so, but we may be glorying also in afflictions, having perceived that affliction is producing endurance, 4 yet endurance testedness, yet testedness expectation." 5 Now expectation is not mortifying, seeing that the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the holy spirit which is being given to us." 6 For Christ, while we are still infirm, still in accord with the era, for the sake of the irreverent, died." 7 For hardly for the sake of a just man will anyone be dying: for, for the sake of a good man, perhaps someone may even be daring to die, 8 yet God is commending this love of His to us, seeing that, while we are still sinners, Christ died for our sakes." 9 Much rather, then, being now justified in His blood, we shall be saved from indignation, through Him." 10 For if, being enemies, we were conciliated to God through the death of His Son, much rather, being conciliated, we shall be saved in His life." 11 Yet not only so, but we are glorying also in God, through our Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom we now obtained the conciliation." 12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind, on which all sinned -"

Then He asked: Who told you that you are naked unless you have eaten from the only tree that I instructed you by no means to eat from it?

He failed to keep the instruction. Therefore he sinned. (disobeyed the commandment). Therefore the consequences 'sin death' or the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

13 for until law sin was in the world, yet sin is not being taken into account when there is no law;"

Clearly Adam's sin was counted. From this we can derive that the Law of Sin and Death came when Adam sinned.

14 nevertheless death reigns from Adam unto Moses, over those also who do not sin in the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him Who is about to be."

What is sin?

Some believe that Adam had only one commandment to obey. Clearly this is not the case. Genesis 1:26-30 makes it clear that there had been more, since when man was created.

Many believe that YHWH's commandments weren't given until Moses; but clearly this is not the case.

Cain Killed Able; and he was punished for murder. Why would YHWH punish Cain; if Cain didn't know that murder was a sin?

Even if for some reason, one believes that he didn't; after that incident, murder was known to be a sin.

YHWH repeats this command, along with other commandments; before he makes a covenant with Noah.

Whoever sheds the blood of a human, by a human his blood shall be shed; for in the image of Elohim He has made humanity.

Of every clean beast you shall take with you seven by seven, the sire and his dam, and of the beast that is not clean, of them pairs, the sire and his dam.

This refutes a claim that the law against murder began with Moses. What differed is that Moses received these laws in writing.

He is no greater in this house than I am; and he has not kept back anything from me except you, because you are his wife. How should I do this great evil and sin against Elohim?

My righteousness will answer ifor me, on the morrow day, when you come on my hire before you: Everyone that is not speckled or flecked among the goats and brown among the sheep, that one shall count with me as stolen

inasmuch as your father Abraham hearkened to My voice and kept My charge, My instructions, My statutes and My laws.

Some would say that because the details of the law were not broken down in Genesis; that there was no torah before Moses. Clearly this is not the case.

The purpose of the Book of Genesis is obviously not to break down the details of the law. That is done in other books.

15 But not as the offense, thus also the grace. For if, by the offense of the one, the many died, much rather the grace of God and the gratuity in grace, which is of the One Man, Jesus Christ, to the many superabounds."

Offense of what?

16 And not as through one act of sinning is the gratuity. For, indeed, the judgment is out of one into condemnation, yet the grace is out of many offenses into a just award."

What is sin?

17 For if, by the offense of the one, death reigns through the one, much rather, those obtaining the superabundance of grace and the gratuity of righteousness shall be reigning in life through the One, Jesus Christ." 18

Law of Sin and Death

Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying."

Law of Sin and Death

19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

What is sin?

20 Yet law came in by the way, that the offense should be increasing. Yet where sin increases, grace superexceeds, 21 that, even as Sin reigns in death, thus Grace also should be reigning through righteousness, for life eonian, through Jesus Christ, our Lord."

What law?

What is sin?

When you break the law; sin (transgression of the law) reigns over you in death.

As we read through the Book of Romans; we are beginning to see that Paul speaks of multiple types of law.

What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

Legal Terms:

The Law of Faith (Ch 3)
A Different Law (Ch 7)
God's Law (Ch 7)

Romans Chapter 6
You're cooking up some false teachings to hold up your theology.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is that what you call a refutation?

Your commentary speaks for itself. I have nothing good to say about it. You're saying that Adam was given the commandments (the law). Why post the whole chapter if your motive is to talk about the law?

Here is your initial comments of Rom 5
"Adam was given instruction ( H6680 Commandment).

What is sin?

Even if for some reason, one believes that he didn't; after that incident, murder was known to be a sin."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your commentary speaks for itself.

...until you twist it, to make it say something else.

You're saying that Adam was given the commandments (the law).

New International Version
And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

New Living Translation
“Who told you that you were naked?” the LORD God asked. “Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?”

English Standard Version
He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

Berean Study Bible
“Who told you that you were naked?” asked the LORD God. “Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

New American Standard Bible
And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?"

New King James Version
And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”

King James Bible
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Christian Standard Bible
Then he asked, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Then He asked, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

International Standard Version
"Who told you that you are naked?" God asked. "Did you eat fruit from the tree that I commanded you not to eat?"

NET Bible
And the LORD God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

New Heart English Bible
And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God asked, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat fruit from the tree I commanded you not to eat from?"

JPS Tanakh 1917
And He said: 'Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?'

New American Standard 1977
And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

King James 2000 Bible
And he said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you that you should not eat?

American King James Version
And he said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded you that you should not eat?

American Standard Version
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said to him: And who hath told thee that thou wast naked, but that thou hast eaten of the tree whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldst not eat?

Darby Bible Translation
And he said, Who told thee that thou art naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree of which I commanded thee not to eat?

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree of which I commanded thee, that thou shouldest not eat?

World English Bible
God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Young's Literal Translation
And He saith, 'Who hath declared to thee that thou art naked? of the tree of which I have commanded thee not to eat, hast thou eaten?'

Apparently, I'm not the only one who understands that Adam broke one of YHWH's commandments.

Why post the whole chapter if your motive is to talk about the law?

My purpose is to study each of Paul's letters, verse by verse, in context, in reference to what Paul defines as law. I have clearly demonstrated, within the first letter of this study, that each time that Paul uses the word law, it does not necessarily mean YHWH's law.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...until you twist it, to make it say something else.

New International Version

New Living Translation
“Who told you that you were naked?” the LORD God asked. “Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?”

English Standard Version
He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

Berean Study Bible
“Who told you that you were naked?” asked the LORD God. “Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

New American Standard Bible
And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?"

New King James Version
And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible
Then he asked, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Then He asked, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

International Standard Version
"Who told you that you are naked?" God asked. "Did you eat fruit from the tree that I commanded you not to eat?"

NET Bible
And the LORD God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God asked, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat fruit from the tree I commanded you not to eat from?"

JPS Tanakh 1917
And He said: 'Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?'

New American Standard 1977
And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

King James 2000 Bible
And he said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you that you should not eat?

American King James Version
And he said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded you that you should not eat?

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said to him: And who hath told thee that thou wast naked, but that thou hast eaten of the tree whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldst not eat?

Darby Bible Translation
And he said, Who told thee that thou art naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree of which I commanded thee not to eat?

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree of which I commanded thee, that thou shouldest not eat?

World English Bible
God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Young's Literal Translation
And He saith, 'Who hath declared to thee that thou art naked? of the tree of which I have commanded thee not to eat, hast thou eaten?'

Apparently, I'm not the only one who understands that Adam broke one of YHWH's commandments.
You have no right to change what Paul is teaching. In case you did not know, commandments can be distinguished from law. Law is given for all to follow. Commandment can be to only 1 person to follow. "Sacrifice your son" was a commandment to Abraham. Do not eat of this tree was a commandment for Adam. Sacrifice yourself was a commandment for Jesus to obey.
Your definition game does not change what Paul is teaching. You misfired.
My purpose is to study each of Paul's letters, verse by verse, in context, in reference to what Paul defines as law. I have clearly demonstrated, within the first letter of this study, that each time that Paul uses the word law, it does not necessarily mean YHWH's law.
You're confusing yourself because you're not quoting Paul. Your clear objective is to install law where it's not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In reference to

Romans 5 (CLV)

What is sin?

Offense of what?

What is sin?

Law of Sin and Death

Law of Sin and Death

What is sin?

What law?

What is sin?

What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

Legal Terms:

The Law of Faith (Ch 3)
A Different Law (Ch 7)
God's Law (Ch 7)

Romans Chapter 6

You're arguing that Adam had a law, but Paul's letter spells out that; from Adam to Moses there was sin but there was no law to keep account of sin.
Here are your words

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do not eat of this tree was a commandment for Adam.

So you think that it's OK for you to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Excerpt from: Romans Chapter 6

22 Yet, now, being freed from Sin, yet enslaved to Elohim, you have your fruit for holiness. Now the consummation is life eonian."

Obedience to YHWH's Torah is the fruit of holiness. Eating it is eternal life!

I guess that we should not eat the fruit of sin and death along with the fruit of holiness. That would be sort of like eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sacrifice yourself was a commandment for Jesus to obey.

(CLV) Ro 12:1
I am entreating you, then, brethren, by the pities of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice, living, holy, well pleasing to God, your logical divine service,

(CLV) Mt 16:24
Then Jesus said to His disciples: "If anyone is wanting to come after Me, let him renounce himself and pick up his cross and follow Me.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In reference to

You're arguing that Adam had a law, but Paul's letter spells out that; from Adam to Moses there was sin but there was no law to keep account of sin.
Here are your words

Was Adam's sin not counted?

Upvote 0