Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: Paul on the Law: Galatians 1

Galatians 2 (CLV)
1 Thereupon, after the lapse of fourteen years, I again went up to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus also along with me." 2 Now I went up in accord with a revelation, and submitted to them the evangel which I am heralding among the nations, yet privately to those of repute, lest somehow I should be racing or ran for naught." 3 But not even Titus, who is with me, being a Greek, is compelled to be circumcised." 4 Yet, it was because of the false brethren who were smuggled in, who came in by the way to spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, that they shall be enslaving us- "

Titus was not forced to be circumcised. by the Ecclesia. He was new to the faith. This topic was covered in the Romans Series.

Romans Chapter 4

1 What, then, shall we declare that Abraham, our forefather, according to flesh, has found? 2 For if Abraham was justified by acts, he has something to boast in, but not toward God." 3 For what is the scripture saying? Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness." 4 Now to the worker, the wage is not reckoned as a favor, but as a debt." 5 Yet to him who is not working, yet is believing on Him Who is justifying the irreverent, his faith is reckoned for righteousness."

Abraham was justified by faith, before he was obedient to YHWH's law.

(CLV) Gn 15:6
Now Abram believed in Elohim, and He reckoned it to him for righteousness

Does that mean that in belief of YHWH's word, that he ignored YHWH's word?

Of course not!

(CLV) Gn 26:5
inasmuch as your father Abraham hearkened to My voice and kept My charge, My instructions, My statutes and My laws.

(CLV) Ja 2:21
Abraham, our father, was he not justified by works when offering up his son Isaac on the altar?

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

(CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

Notice that Abraham came to faith BEFORE he was obedient to YHWH's law.

Obedience to YHWH's law is the fruit of faith.

These false brothers are Pharisees.

(CLV) Ac 15:5
Yet some from the sect of the Pharisees who have believed rise up, saying that they must be circumcised, besides charging them to keep the law of Moses.

They were practicing the Works of Law, their Tradition of Men, The Talmud; yet they were misunderstanding the Torah; and what YHWH proclaimed, concerning circumcision and Abraham.

Yahshau rebuked the Pharisees for this practice of placing mans; law over YHWH;s Law.

5 to whom, not even for an hour do we simulate by subjection, that the truth of the evangel should be continuing with you." 6 Now from those reputed to be somewhat-what kind they once were is of no consequence to me (God is not taking up the human aspect)-for to me those of repute submitted nothing. 7 But, on the contrary, preceiving that I have been entrusted with the evangel of the Uncircumcision,

Those who new in faith in Yahshua; having not the benefit of being raised in observance to the Law of YHWH, much like Abraham.

Abraham came to faith first; then came the outward sign.

8 according as Peter of the Circumcision (for He Who operates in Peter for the apostleship of the Circumcision operates in me also for the nations),

Those new to the faith in Yahshua; having the benefit of being raised in the Law of YHWH; but having the handicap of being indoctrinated, by Pharisaic Law.

9 and, knowing the grace which is being given to me, James and Cephas and John, who are supposed to be pillars, give to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we, indeed, are to be for the nations, yet they for the Circumcision-" 10 only that we may be remembering the poor, which same thing I endeavor also to do." 11 Now when Cephas came to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, for he was self-censured." 12 For, before the coming of some from James, he ate together with those of the nations. Yet when they came, he shrank back, and severed himself, fearing those of the Circumcision." 13 And the rest of the Jews also play the hypocrite with him, so that Barnabas also was led away with their hypocrisy." 14 But when I perceived that they are not correct in their attitude toward the truth of the evangel, I said to Cephas in front of all, "If you, being inherently a Jew, are living as the nations, and not as the Jews, how are you compelling the nations to be judaizing? 15 We, who by nature are Jews, and not sinners of the nations, 16 having perceived that a man is not being justified by works of law, except alone through the faith of Christ Jesus, we also believe in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by works of law, seeing that by works of law shall no flesh at all be justified."

What law is this? Let's look at what Paul said in Romans:

(CLV) Ro 2:13
For not the listeners to law are just with God, but the doers of law shall be justified.

Now I don't believe that Paul had mental issues. Obviously "Works of Law" is something different than the Torah.

Paul kept the Torah:

(CLV) Ac 24:14
"Yet I am avowing this to you, that, according to the way which they are terming a sect, thus am I offering divine service to the hereditary God, believing all that is written, according to the law and in the prophets,

I don't see "Works of Law" mentioned in the Torah. I don't see any mention of it by Yahshua. Where is Paul getting this?

It is mentioned 1 time in Romans and 6 times in Galatians.

It is also mentioned in the Qumran Scrolls.

Q394 (4QMMTa) 4QHalakhic Letter
Dead Sea Scrolls Project: 4QMMT

Definition of halacha
: the body of Jewish law supplementing the scriptural law and forming especially the legal part of the Talmud
Definition of HALACHA

17 Now if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves also were found sinners, is Christ, consequently, a dispenser of sin? May it not be coming to that!" 18 For if I am building again these things which I demolish, I am commending myself as a transgressor." 19 For I, through law, died to law, that I should be living to God." 20 With Christ have I been crucified, yet I am living; no longer I, but living in me is Christ.

Messiah was YHWH's word made flesh. When Messiah's flesh died on the torture stake; he was no longer under the temptation of the flesh. YHWH raises Messiah to live in him as one.

(CLV) Mt 16:24
Then Jesus said to His disciples: "If anyone is wanting to come after Me, let him renounce himself and pick up his cross and follow Me.

Messiah calls us to die to the flesh, that we may live as one with YHWH through him.

A dead man can't transgress the law.

Now that which I am now living in flesh, I am living in faith that is of the Son of God, Who loves me, and gives Himself up for me." 21 I am not repudiating the grace of God, for if righteousness is through law, consequently Christ died gratuitously."

(CLV) Ja 2:21
Abraham, our father, was he not justified by works when offering up his son Isaac on the altar?

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

(CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

Paul on the Law: Galatians 3

Last edited:

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Once you realize that “works of law” is referencing manmade, Pharisee law, the scriptures really do start to open up. Whew.

many times, when it says “law”, it’s contextually referring to the oral law(Talmud)

the unseen battle people most often miss is the battle between faith & obedience to the law of Moses(The law of God), and obedience to Pharisee law(Talmud), and being justified/made righteous to God through adherence to Talmud, aka “works of law”

It is not the hearers of the law of Moses that will be justified, it is the doers of the law of God that will be justified

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Once you realize that “works of law” is referencing manmade, Pharisee law, the scriptures really do start to open up. Whew.

many times, when it says “law”, it’s contextually referring to the oral law(Talmud)

the unseen battle people most often miss is the battle between faith & obedience to the law of Moses(The law of God), and obedience to Pharisee law(Talmud), and being justified/made righteous to God through adherence to Talmud, aka “works of law”

It is not the hearers of the law of Moses that will be justified, it is the doers of the law of God that will be justified

I've gained a tremendous amount of insight through this study. I'm almost done. When I am, I'm going to review it all; to look for more connections.

FYI: I made an observation that there is a clear difference between "works" and "works of law."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0