Patriarchs and Heads of the Churches in Jerusalem Hold Press Conference After Gaza Hospital Explosion

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the horizon is also another day of fasting and prayer on Oct. 27, called for today by Pope Francis.

On the evening of Tuesday, Oct. 17, the day Christian communities in the Holy Land had dedicated to prayer and fasting for peace, an explosion went off at the Anglican hospital “Al Ahli” in Gaza, killing hundreds of civilians.

The bombing sent a shockwave through communities who had prayed throughout the day and ignited anger throughout the Middle East and across the world.

Approximately 500 people lost their lives in the explosion, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. As a hospital, the location was supposed to be protected by international law, and hundreds of people had found refuge there over the past week.

Continued below.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
On the horizon is also another day of fasting and prayer on Oct. 27, called for today by Pope Francis.

On the evening of Tuesday, Oct. 17, the day Christian communities in the Holy Land had dedicated to prayer and fasting for peace, an explosion went off at the Anglican hospital “Al Ahli” in Gaza, killing hundreds of civilians.

The bombing sent a shockwave through communities who had prayed throughout the day and ignited anger throughout the Middle East and across the world.

Approximately 500 people lost their lives in the explosion, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. As a hospital, the location was supposed to be protected by international law, and hundreds of people had found refuge there over the past week.

Continued below.
it was a Hamas missile. Hamas does not care who they kill...

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not feeling like I'm a good Christian, or that I'm even supposed to be Christian, based on certain things I'm feeling right now. I struggle with feeling sadder for some groups who die, more than I do other groups (or not sad at all about the "other groups"). I know I'm not supposed to feel this way, but I do. I went to confession for this, and I could have sworn that I felt better for a couple days, but the feeling (or lack thereof?) is coming back.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not feeling like I'm a good Christian, or that I'm even supposed to be Christian, based on certain things I'm feeling right now. I struggle with feeling sadder for some groups who die, more than I do other groups (or not sad at all about the "other groups"). I know I'm not supposed to feel this way, but I do. I went to confession for this, and I could have sworn that I felt better for a couple days, but the feeling (or lack thereof?) is coming back.
Feelings come and go. You shouldn't feel guilty :prayer:

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0