Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Passionate Service
Paul introduces his service in Roman 1:8-16
Paul introduces his ministry in Roman 1:8-15

Unity of doctrine and Paul services, we need to have a healthy overview of doctrine, doctrine and practice is important and together. Practice flow out from the place of doctrine.

There is going to be all kinds of supernatural manifestation in this generation, some occultic. We have to learn to endure sound doctrine.

If we get too busy with doctrine, we are too busy. We need to be rooted and grounded in God's word. We need to have both the spirit and the word.

Service is not based on right doctrine, example humanism that is not based on God's word.

Roman 1:9
Call to servanthood
The call to disciples is the call to servanthood. Is a life of inconvenience. Is God whom you serve not God whom you chose what you want to do.

Paul is a passionate servant and we want to be like that. When we serve is not for affirmation.

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans is Paul’s best study by far, because he plays out the courtroom drama so emphatically. One of the best commentary books I’ve read on it is
https://www.amazon.com/Romans-Courtroom-Drama-Tom-Westwood/dp/B0007EHV3I
This is the brilliance of the book. He sets up the book of Romans like a courtroom where the Jews and Gentiles are being tried. This is a great way to approach Romans and helps open up the book for better understanding. He shows how both are guilty yet how both can be made innocent by Jesus' work. I would say this is a great introduction to the book of Romans, which many find to be a difficult book. It gives you a good device, the courtroom setting, to open your mind for the logical presentation that Romans is.​

• Informative
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0