United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lives are saved by... protest...?

Did God so love the world that he sent his only son to protest that whomsoever should picket with him will be saved?

Lives are saved by sacrifice (and not by sacrificing our enemies, though it is tempting sometimes ;) by sacrificing ourselves, time, energy, finances, commitment, love for those that need it) One individual dedicated over a lifetime can do more and inspire more than 1,000 protestors over an hour. It's extremely easy to hold a picket sign and yell a lot, but I'm not sure our neighbors feel any more loved, or are any more loved, or are inspired to love, when we do.

Don't underestimate the power of the 'mob mentality' :eek:, and, the power of those in power. In my city the government exercises the 'power to do nothing' about our problems (consider our southern border crisis). Worse yet no one else is allowed to address them.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't underestimate the power of the 'mob mentality' :eek:, and, the power of those in power. In my city the government exercises the 'power to do nothing' about our problems (consider our southern border crisis). Worse yet no one else is allowed to address them.

...And all those peaceful protests, local politicians refusing to uphold the oath of office and lets not forget one party rule in many major cities.
U.S Congress should be sent home permanently, and re-constituted with people willing to represent the citizens of the nation. Yeah, quite radical. But so is the planned lawlessness being committed against the people by the release of violent criminals into the cities.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...And all those peaceful protests, local politicians refusing to uphold the oath of office and lets not forget one party rule in many major cities.
U.S Congress should be sent home permanently, and re-constituted with people willing to represent the citizens of the nation. Yeah, quite radical. But so is the planned lawlessness being committed against the people by the release of violent criminals into the cities.

Can you justify these statements or are they the result of your imagination? Facts please!

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do the digging around on your own, please. if you're genuinely interested you'll dig for the truth.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" Do the digging around on your own, please. if you're genuinely interested you'll dig for the truth.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do the digging around on your own, please. if you're genuinely interested you'll dig for the truth.

Apparently, since you can't or won't supply the facts, there is zero basis for what you're posting.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, since you can't or won't supply the facts, there is zero basis for what you're posting.

Crime in general is trending down, however violent crimes are trending upward. We have been in a 'crime wave' in major cities for decades. Sadly it almost seems normal. :(

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
another point concerning this topic. It looked like the OP was saying that we today are following the example of Christians during the Third Reich. However, the alleged symbols of the Cross and the symbols of the State being side by side in our churches (is that about the flag?) is not a response to the secular state.

Whatever was meant there, I think it's just the historic way that our churches have been, whereas the Christians of Germany made concession after concession and were steadily changing their identities in order, hopefully, to avoid even more pressure from the government.

Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, yes they need to be celebrated. Sadly most of Germany was Christian, and most welcomed the antisemitic rhetoric because it was placed in an apparently Christian-affirming context.

Bonhoeffer Niemoller, and the Confessing church were instrumental in the domestic fight against Nazism, but much of the Confessing church was locked in administrative and ecclesial concern.

Sadly there are distinct and vivid parallels between the modern west and the Nazis. We have just become quite adept at concealment and whitewashing. The scale, breadth and depth of America's crimes alone eclipses the Nazis. This in terms of body count and use of terror, shock and awe.

No, it’s not as simple as you claim.

Most of Germany was Catholic in 1930. Starting in 1933 The Nazis engaged in a very well thought out campaign to co-opt all social institutions including unions, public schools, the medical industry, corporations, and the church.

You should read
A Child of Hitler: Germany in the Days When God Wore a Swastika

by Alfons Heck, a German boy who grew up in Nazi Germany. It’s very revealing, Heck does not hide details or spare himself.

It’s nothing like the USA before 2000. It will sound a lot like the democrat party, and look like the democrat party tactics since 2016.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it’s not as simple as you claim.

Most of Germany was Catholic in 1930. Starting in 1933 The Nazis engaged in a very well thought out campaign to co-opt all social institutions including unions, public schools, the medical industry, corporations, and the church.

You should read
A Child of Hitler: Germany in the Days When God Wore a Swastika

by Alfons Heck, a German boy who grew up in Nazi Germany. It’s very revealing, Heck does not hide details or spare himself.

It’s nothing like the USA before 2000. It will sound a lot like the democrat party, and look like the democrat party tactics since 2016.

Are you actually comparing the Democratic party of 2021 to Hitler's Nazi Germany? Where are the Democratic storm troopers; where are the concentration camps; when is Kristallnacht? Really??

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Consider that the Christian church in the Nazi era did and said nothing when confronted with the horrors of the holocaust and the eugenics movement. The Swastika was displayed side by side with the cross.

Today's church displays the emblems of Western government side by side with the cross, silent to the horrors of child labour, occupations, genocides and imperialism.

We view the Nazi-era church with repugnance. How will we be viewed?

...I'll be viewed by the amount of locusts I eat and the animal skins I wear, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Consider that the Christian church in the Nazi era did and said nothing when confronted with the horrors of the holocaust and the eugenics movement. The Swastika was displayed side by side with the cross.

Today's church displays the emblems of Western government side by side with the cross, silent to the horrors of child labour, occupations, genocides and imperialism.

We view the Nazi-era church with repugnance. How will we be viewed?

Apparently you have already made that decision (erroneously IMHO). In my church, the emblems of Western government are not and never have been side by side with the cross. You have create a propaganda statement, nothing more.

Is your church silent to the horrors of child labor, occupations, genocides and imperialism? I strongly suggest that you find another church! The church that I attend regularly (and others I have attended) are very outspoken about abuses of all kinds, not just your (extreme) examples.

Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are you actually comparing the Democratic party of 2021 to Hitler's Nazi Germany? Where are the Democratic storm troopers; where are the concentration camps; when is Kristallnacht? Really??
I'm totally with you on opposing that kind of comparison, even though it most often is employed by the left.

But as for your other questions, Antifa often responds to urging or encouragement for protests when made by Democratic elected officials, and camps have indeed been suggested, by a member of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) for one, as being a good idea for how to handle unrepentant Trump supporters, so you might want to hold your criticism for awhile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm totally with you on opposing that kind of comparison, even though it most often is employed by the left. But as for your other questions, Antifa responds to any urging or encouragement by Democratic elected officials, and camps have indeed been suggested as a good idea for unrepentant Trump supporters, so you might want to hold your criticism for awhile.

The left compares the Democratic party of 2021 to Hitler's Nazi Germany? I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.

What is your reliable source for saying that Antifa responds to any urging or encouragement by Democratic elected officials, and camps have indeed been suggested as a good idea for unrepentant Trump supporters. That's so extreme IMHO that it's more like a bad, cynical joke than actual, verifiable information.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The left compares the Democratic party of 2021 to Hitler's Nazi Germany? I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.
Since I did not say anything like that, you can indeed be sure.

However, we have heard many SIMILAR comparisons from the left, comparing the GOP, for instance, to the Nazi party and its members to various Nazi organizations, personalities, or doings.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since I did not say anything like that, you can indeed be sure.

However, we have heard many SIMILAR comparisons from the left, comparing the GOP, for instance, to the Nazi party and its members to various Nazi organizations, personalities, or doings.

You wrote, "Antifa responds to any urging or encouragement by Democratic elected officials, and camps have indeed been suggested as a good idea for unrepentant Trump supporters".

So when you write, "we have heard many SIMILAR comparisons from the left, comparing the GOP, for instance, to the Nazi party and its members to various Nazi organizations, personalities, or doings" and can't provide a single source, why should anyone believe you?

Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Yes, and the parallels are striking.

Read the Nazi party 25 point plan
The History Place - Rise of Hitler: The 25 Points of Hitler's Nazi Party

It’s the democrat platform with nationalism/citizenship mixed in.

Social justice, govt run healthcare, govt controlled newspapers, workers receiving corporate profits, govt run schools, living wage. All part of the Nazi platform of the 1920s when they were trying to win votes and support. Of course once they had power they dropped most of the platform.

Read Alfons Heck’s book. Read “History of Hitlers Empire” by Dr. Thomas Childers ( it’s also a course at The Great Courses), it details the political and media methods invented and refined by the Nazis.

There is no doubt the route to power taken by the USA democrat party models the same used by the Nazis.

democrats are not modeling Stalin or Mao because those 2 took power violently. Hitler had to fool people into supporting him, democrats have done the same.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, and the parallels are striking.

Read the Nazi party 25 point plan
The History Place - Rise of Hitler: The 25 Points of Hitler's Nazi Party

It’s the democrat platform with nationalism/citizenship mixed in.

Social justice, govt run healthcare, govt controlled newspapers, workers receiving corporate profits, govt run schools, living wage. All part of the Nazi platform of the 1920s when they were trying to win votes and support. Of course once they had power they dropped most of the platform.

Read Alfons Heck’s book. Read “History of Hitlers Empire” by Dr. Thomas Childers ( it’s also a course at The Great Courses), it details the political and media methods invented and refined by the Nazis.

There is no doubt the route to power taken by the USA democrat party models the same used by the Nazis.

democrats are not modeling Stalin or Mao because those 2 took power violently. Hitler had to fool people into supporting him, democrats have done the same.

a) It's Democrats with a capital D.
b) Your interpretation of history and knowledge of US politics is beyond distorted.

Bye.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Much of the racist stuff Hitler employed was also derived from American Eugenicist theory. Exactly where Margaret Sanger developed her love of abortion. Which American political party adheres to an ideology of victimhood? (Like Hitler made the German people appear to be due to the first WW).

Eugenics would have been so much bizarre parlor talk had it not been for extensive financing by corporate philanthropies, specifically the Carnegie Institution, the Rockefeller Foundation and the Harriman railroad fortune. They were all in league with some of America's most respected scientists hailing from such prestigious universities as Stamford, Yale, Harvard, and Princeton. These academicians espoused race theory and race science, and then faked and twisted data to serve eugenics' racist aims.

The Horrifying American Roots of Nazi Eugenics | History News Network

Upvote 0