Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The patriot act reminds me of a certain german dictator in the 1930s, who cut through the civil rights like a hot knife through butter after the Reichstag was burned to the ground by an anarchist...
The general propaganda was pretty similar, too: The free press was branded as "biased", traitorous and un-german, the vile tool of a leftist conspiration trying to undermine the sound minds of the people, whereas the TRUE propaganda was presented as the unfiltered truth, the only true source of information.
And people were put into camps without a trial or even a hearing, and kept there indefinitely.

Do I hear the word "anti-american" there? Nope. Actually, I would readily support the US and their ideals - but they have forsaken their own ideals. How can you keep people prisoner without a trial and claim to fight for freedom at the same time?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So somehow you take a thread comparing Hitlers take over of Germany with the Jews being parasites in US. Somehow I am reminded of a quote by Churchill: "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" I don't know why I thought about that. :confused:
tulc(the mind is a funny thing, isn't it?)

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Supreme_Arbiter said:
I'll change my mind when you'll prove me wrong.

And that's the catchphrase: Nobody will EVER prove you wrong, judging from your point of view, even though it takes little to do so. That's the thing about conspiracy theories, you know?
No matter what we bring up, and no matter how good our evidence is, you'll always give the same response:

"That's what THEY want you to think!!!"

Conspiracy theories are so popular because they provide easy answers for complicated problems.

Upvote 0

TheRealityOfMan

Jan 9, 2004
UK
✟858.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hitler constantly took advantage of the 'spectre of international Communism'. This he taught, was being ignored a lot by the wooly, liberal democracies of Europe, that were anti-German. Yes there was in fact quite a high amount of Communist terrorism happening in Europe and the world at that time and some of this was sponsored from the Kremlin. This gave Hitler a good reason to attack the Soviet Union and lead the world in a coalition of the willing (like just Germany and Romania et al) and do nation-building German style!

Upvote 0

Supreme_Arbiter

Activating brain cells
Feb 14, 2004
I live on the edge of oicumena
✟7,792.00
Faith
Atheist
Jane_the_Bane said:
And that's the catchphrase: Nobody will EVER prove you wrong, judging from your point of view, even though it takes little to do so. That's the thing about conspiracy theories, you know?
No matter what we bring up, and no matter how good our evidence is, you'll always give the same response:

"That's what THEY want you to think!!!"

Conspiracy theories are so popular because they provide easy answers for complicated problems.
Most of time the "complicated" issues are not quite as complicated as those who are interested in maintaining status quo, would like them to appear.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
TheRealityOfMan said:
Hitler constantly took advantage of the 'spectre of international Communism'. This he taught, was being ignored a lot by the wooly, liberal democracies of Europe, that were anti-German. Yes there was in fact quite a high amount of Communist terrorism happening in Europe and the world at that time and some of this was sponsored from the Kremlin. This gave Hitler a good reason to attack the Soviet Union and lead the world in a coalition of the willing (like just Germany and Romania et al) and do nation-building German style!

Ah, but the "liberal democraties" tolerated Hitler for so long BECAUSE he was anti-communist. Many perceived him primarily as a good buffer zone that was supposed to block the advance of the Russians.

But when WW2 started, Hitler and Stalin were ALLIES, dividing poland between themselves. In fact, Stalin - who was VERY paranoid in general, seeing traitors everywhere - didn't even believe his spies when they told him that Germany was preparing to attack the Soviet Union, because he thought that he and Hitler were thinking along the same lines.

Alas, I wouldn't call Stalin a communist. He was a fascist if ever there was one, a cruel dictator who reigned through fear and oppression. The communistic rhethorics were like a thin layer of red paint on top, a camouflage that wasn't very effective, if you ask me. Stalin craved for control and power, nothing more. His main political agenda was gaining even more power - and maybe calling it the progress of the World Revolution afterwards.

Upvote 0

Supreme_Arbiter

Activating brain cells
Feb 14, 2004
I live on the edge of oicumena
✟7,792.00
Faith
Atheist
Jane_the_Bane said:
Ah, but the "liberal democraties" tolerated Hitler for so long BECAUSE he was anti-communist. Many perceived him primarily as a good buffer zone that was supposed to block the advance of the Russians.

But when WW2 started, Hitler and Stalin were ALLIES, dividing poland between themselves. In fact, Stalin - who was VERY paranoid in general, seeing traitors everywhere - didn't even believe his spies when they told him that Germany was preparing to attack the Soviet Union, because he thought that he and Hitler were thinking along the same lines.

Alas, I wouldn't call Stalin a communist. He was a fascist if ever there was one, a cruel dictator who reigned through fear and oppression. The communistic rhethorics were like a thin layer of red paint on top, a camouflage that wasn't very effective, if you ask me. Stalin craved for control and power, nothing more. His main political agenda was gaining even more power - and maybe calling it the progress of the World Revolution afterwards.
Ok.. it's time for me to use my powers of Supreme Arbiter to end sum up this discussion. I'll make it very simple, point by point. 1) Hitler freed Germany of Jewish poison 2) Stalin was 2 weeks away from attacking Germany at the time when Hitler struck 3) Stalin was a ruthless dictator as well as all asiatics are 4) "Liberal democracies" were crying over suppressing people's rights in Germany, while doing worse in their numerous colonies 5) Because of Hitler the spread of communism was stopped... he paid with his own life for that, Time will come and people will realize his true role in history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Agrippa

Jan 15, 2004
✟1,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Supreme_Arbiter said:
Ok.. it's time for me to use my powers of Supreme Arbiter to end sum up this discussion. I'll make it very simple, point by point. 1) Hitler freed Germany of Jewish poison 2) Stalin was 2 weeks away from attacking Germany at the time when Hitler struck 3) Stalin was a ruthless dictator as well as all asiatics are 4) "Liberal democracies" were crying over suppressing people's rights in Germany, while doing worse in their numerous colonies 5) Because of Hitler the spread of communism was stopped... he paid with his own life for that, Time will come and people will realize his true role in history.

1) So there aren't 60,000 Jews living in Germany today?

2) I debunked that already. Stalin was in no position to invade in 1941.

3) Yes, Stalin was a ruthless dictator, but how can you stereotype all 'asiatics' the same way? How does that justify Hitler's actions?

4) First off, the Liberal Democracies were primarily angered by Hitler's expansionism. Secondly, can you show me the gas chambers in Malaya then? Can you show me where the British executed hundreds of thousands of rebelling Indians? Can you show me where the French attempted to wipe out the entire Algerian people?

5) Communism spread thanks to Hitler. Without Hitler, Mao probably never would have come to power in China. Without Hitler, Stalin probably would not have made the substantial gains he did.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) Hitler freed Germany of Jewish poison
HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (deep breath) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Wait wait, no really hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Thank you arbiter! I haven't laughed this hard since the rats ate my sister!
tulc(who loves when people say things like this because then I don't have to say another thing!) ;)

Upvote 0

JohnCJ

Mar 17, 2004
✟982.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Supreme_Arbiter said:
Don't forget how Chamberlain attempted to apease Hitler instead of nipping his little movement in the bud. Also don't forget how valiently your very own grandfathers faced off the lufftewaffe with an extremely smaller force. Oh and also don't forget how Montgomery and Patton pushed Rommel across the desert. Stalin was a ruthless dictator but he was our ruthless dictator and I can't help but believe that he played an equal role to keeping the riech out of Great Britain as the Americans and British. Oh yeah hitler did stop the spread of communism about half way through Poland but thats about it. I think I would have traded a commy for someone who caused a war that killed 20 million people. For being such a brilliant arbiter you certainly like to cling to the great progressive ideals of a dictatorship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The law that was spoken of, was in response to a real threat in Germany at the time. Do not forget that red republics had been set up there, and had to be crushed by force. In that sense, that law had some basis for existance, in a country that was not free to begin with. The patriot act is too little, too late.

Upvote 0