• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pancreatitis

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know how long medication-induced pancreatitis lasts? I took two pills, 4 weeks ago, and my fasting BS this morning was 241. My doctor has gotten tired of waiting for it to clear up and is putting me on insulin.

The doctor who put me on this med, knowing the risks with my health issues, is going to get at the very least an earful on Friday when I see him. At the most, if this hangs around much longer, he's getting a lawsuit.

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know how long medication-induced pancreatitis lasts? I took two pills, 4 weeks ago, and my fasting BS this morning was 241. My doctor has gotten tired of waiting for it to clear up and is putting me on insulin.

The doctor who put me on this med, knowing the risks with my health issues, is going to get at the very least an earful on Friday when I see him. At the most, if this hangs around much longer, he's getting a lawsuit.

Hi stormdancer. Please PM me so we can talk personally but I would like to say here that you should fire that doctor because he is ignorant. Any sort of an "itis" means inflammation. Your body has mechanisms to deal with inflammation, but how well it works depends on the nutrition your body has as its disposal. Instead of giving you drugs which don't help your body's God given ability to deal with inflammation, a smarter doctor would give you the proper medical nutrition to support you pancreas and put out the fires of inflammation.

This problem should have been solved by now and most times, just the meds are actually sufficient even though its not the best strategy. The doctor does not know what else to do so he resorts to giving you insulin. That's why I said he is ignorant but bad. You need antioxidants. Each food has what is called an ORAC score and you can look up to find the foods with the highest ORAC scores and include them in your diet. Also to support your own natural antioxidant (Glutathione), you need the mineral Selenium which boosts its activity. This in additional to a well rounded nutritional base will get rid of this problem.

Upvote 0