Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Lybian government admited their role today in Pan AM 103 which was destroyed in a terrorist attack in 1992. It killed 259 people, they won't say why they did it or which other counties were involved but they are saying they were involved and will begin paying the families of the victims millions of dollars starting Monday. In return the UN is lifting sanctions and US may follow. This is the first time a terrorist state has been held financially responsible for an act of terror.

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
This is good news. It became pretty clear early on that the Libyan government had been involved in that attack. They have actually been making quite a few reforms over the past few years. Economically they have become a rather stable country. Hopefully the ending of sanctions will further improve the country and allow it to begin large scale international trading.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I heard it on cnn, cnbc and foxnews, im sure all three websites are carring it. The families have been suing them for years, I guess they just decided to day that they would loose less money in the long run if they just admited to it and got the sanctions lifted. While discussing the case it became clear that hte others involved may well be syria and Iran, but it is unlikely that anything will ever come of this even if true, the evidence is lacking.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
alonesoldier said:
I heard it on cnn, cnbc and foxnews, im sure all three websites are carring it. The families have been suing them for years, I guess they just decided to day that they would loose less money in the long run if they just admited to it and got the sanctions lifted. While discussing the case it became clear that hte others involved may well be syria and Iran, but it is unlikely that anything will ever come of this even if true, the evidence is lacking.

Oh, I have not yet checked the news sources.

This is good news to say the least.

Upvote 0