Oz The Great and Powerful (2013)

Glico

Jul 30, 2006
✟16,705.00
Faith
Christian
Anyone seen This film? Starring James Franco and Mila Kunis, and other people.

This movie Is a prequel to the popular movie, The Wizard of Oz. Oz the Great and Powerful is set in the year 1905, 20 years before the events of the original Wizard of Oz novel. The film features several artistic allusions and technical parallels to the books and the 1939 film.

A sequel is planned, and the cast from the movie have signed on for their respective roles for the sequel, but the film director for the first movie says he isn't interested, and he is up to the idea of someone else directing the movie.

Link to Wikipedia Page:

Oz the Great and Powerful - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love the backstory for the wicked witch. So sad, it is a cliche artistic imitation of life: full of faith, then something shakes it, then a "satan" (her sister) exploits it - all by perpetuating the lie that bad is good, and good is bad (Glenda.) She seemed redeemable even as mean green. When she thought she killed the wizard with fireballs, you could tell she was distraught. When the wizard told her she could basically "repent and come back," she at least inclined an ear to him.

I am glad her sister lost her power! While I dont like sensationalized deception, I liked the "Wizard's" family.

Upvote 0