Outrage as Florida Republicans pass ‘fascist’ bill to remove trans kids from parents’ custody

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Whether you agree with parents giving their children the go-ahead to transition or not or agree with kids transitioning or not, you have to see this as fascist and completely wrong. These children should not be removed from their parents. These kids are not being abused and a doctor has signed off on their care.

This is sickening and is in the very state where I live. I am hating this state more and more. I would have left, but I have two young children here that I will not leave behind from a previous marriage. , but I long for the days when I lived in the Mid-Atlantic where I was raised. This may actually even push me to be fully Democrat instead of in the middle as a moderate. I am seeing more and more that there seem to be not many moderate Republicans left for me to support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republican lawmakers in Florida have sparked outrage after passing a bill that LGBTQ advocates say will strip trans children from their parents' custody.

SB254 — which one former lawmaker has called "fascist" legislation — would allow the state to rip children from their parents when they are "at risk" or "subjected" to gender-affirming health care. The bill is written so that even a child of Floridian parents living out of state could trigger the law.

“I can’t believe I’m writing this,” Carlos Guillermo Smith, a former House lawmaker, and the state’s first Latino LGTBQ representative, wrote on Twitter last month. “This is fascist.”

Kara Gross, the legislative director and senior policy counsel of the ACLU in Florida, called the state's assault on trans existence "shameful."

“It is shameful that our Florida Legislature continues to pass dangerous bills designed to silence, harm, and erase trans people in Florida," she said in a statement. "These bills directly threaten transgender Floridians’ fundamental human rights and safety. The Florida Legislature’s insistence on targeting trans people is bizarre, unnecessary, unconstitutional, and extremely dangerous."

Outrage as Florida Republicans pass ‘fascist’ bill to remove trans kids from parents

• Friendly
Reactions: Angeldove97

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The actual law. It only temporarily gives the state emergency jurisdiction over the child.

In other words, a parent who is sending their child for gender transition therapy, will
have the state look at abuse of the child in this matter.

Fact is, gender transition therapy using drugs or surgery for a child under 18, is abuse, there is no two ways about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why anybody would stay in Florida is beyond me. I used to go to Florida at least twice a year for vacation, but I haven’t been back since before the pandemic and won’t be. I just can’t support what’s going on down there with my dollars.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angeldove97
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The actual law. It only temporarily fives the state emergency jurisdiction over the child.

In other words, a parent who is sending their child for gender transition therapy, will
have the state look at abuse of the child in this matter.

Fact is, gender transition therapy using drugs or surgery for a child under 18, is abuse, there is no two ways about it.
Sounds to me they want safe guards put in place concerning this NEW PHENOMINON. A good thing to have common sense regulations on such a serious matter, that can permanently damage someone for life. Why would people be against that?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds to me they want safe guards put in place concerning this NEW PHENOMINON. A good thing to have common sense regulations on such a serious matter, that can permanently damage someone for life. Why would people be against that?

Common sense I get, this is way beyond common sense and is wrong on so many levels.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am pretty sure the DCFS in many states has authority to remove kids from parents who would harm them

No kid should be subject to harmful radicalism from his or her parents which results in castration, mental abuse, etc.

No one has the right to victimize kids

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Whether you agree with parents giving their children the go-ahead to transition or not or agree with kids transitioning or not, you have to see this as fascist and completely wrong.
IS it child abuse to mutilate children or give them drugs that do permanent damage to them?

If so then the measures for protecting the child should be significant.

However the same bad thinking that leads parents to approve of mutilating their children might also lead to "re-casting" the bill in a way that is also not very logical if one reads the details in it. So one must be careful here.

Whenever I see a lot of whoopla about a bill that is not being quoted or linked to - I suspect something is up.

===================== says this

CS/SB 254: Treatments for Sex Reassignment​

GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Yarborough ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry ; Broxson

Treatments for Sex Reassignment; Granting courts of this state temporary emergency jurisdiction over a child present in this state if the child has been subjected to or is threatened with being subjected to sex-reassignment prescriptions or procedures; providing that, for purposes of warrants to take physical custody of a child in certain child custody enforcement proceedings, serious physical harm to the child includes, but is not limited to, being subjected to sex-reassignment prescriptions or procedures; prohibiting certain public entities from expending state funds for the provision of sex-reassignment prescriptions or procedures; requiring certain licensed facilities, by a specified date and as a condition of licensure thereafter, to provide a signed attestation of specified information to the Agency for Health Care Administration; prohibiting sex-reassignment prescriptions and procedures for patients younger than 18 years of age, etc.

=================

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
what's way beyond? What standards are bothering you?

The literal removal of these kids! If you want to have another doctor weigh in on it and say yay or nay, that is common sense. Removing the kids like this would be Draconian Law.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
IS it child abuse to mutilate children or give them drugs that do permanent damage to them?

Is so then the penalty for doing that sort of thing should be significant.

If a doctor signs off on it after the child has gone through therapy and other things to be absolutely sure that this is something that should happen, then it is not abuse.

If you want the law to state that two independent doctors need to sign off on it then that is fine with me as well and would be common sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Studies have shown that the gender confusion phenomena only surfaces in a given civilized nation during its decline. The madness of forcing gender mutilation and chemical damages related to it on children is not at all supported in the history of nations as though it were "a good thing"

"Camille Pagilia argues that from the Greeks to the Romans to now that homosexuality/gender fluidity/etc are what a culture ends up becoming right before it's downfall. The downfall is brought on by the cultures around the dominant culture that are more rigid in gender roles"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5mjz54

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If a doctor signs off on it after the child has gone through therapy and other things to be absolutely sure that this is something that should happen, then it is not abuse.
Not by a long shot.

There is no "standardized doctor" that can determine that my child should be mutilated. Not on my watch.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Studies have shown that the gender confusion phenomena only surfaces in a given civilized nation during its decline. The madness of forcing gender mutilation and chemical damages related to it on children is not at all supported in the history of nations as though it were "a good thing"

"Camille Pagilia argues that from the Greeks to the Romans to now that homosexuality/gender fluidity/etc are what a culture ends up becoming right before it's downfall. The downfall is brought on by the cultures around the dominant culture that are more rigid in gender roles"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5mjz54

CHICAGO — The American Medical Association (AMA) today urged governors to oppose state legislation that would prohibit medically necessary gender transition-related care for minor patients, calling such efforts “a dangerous intrusion into the practice of medicine.” In a letter to the National Governors Association (NGA), the AMA cited evidence that trans and non-binary gender identities are normal variations of human identity and expression, and that forgoing gender-affirming care can have tragic health consequences, both mental and physical.

“Decisions about medical care belong within the sanctity of the patient-physician relationship,” the AMA wrote in its letter. “As with all medical interventions, physicians are guided by their ethical duty to act in the best interest of their patients and must tailor recommendations about specific interventions and the timing of those interventions to each patient’s unique circumstances. Such decisions must be sensitive to the child’s clinical situation, nurture the child’s short and long-term development, and balance the need to preserve the child’s opportunity to make important life choices autonomously in the future. We believe it is inappropriate and harmful for any state to legislatively dictate that certain transition-related services are never appropriate and limit the range of options physicians and families may consider when making decisions for pediatric patients.”

AMA to states: Stop interfering in health care of transgender children

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Not by a long shot.

There is no "standardized doctor" that can determine that my child should be mutilated. Not on my watch.

Your opinion is duly noted.

My point is there should not be legislation that takes children away from their parents because the kid wants to be transgender. With attitudes like I am seeing within this thread and others that are lock-step with people like DeSantis, it makes me question if I want to be a Christian because it seems the majority of Christians care about controlling those who aren't Christians and that is not at all who I am or want to be!

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It should be noted that the AMA will do whatever increases profits for doctors and drug companies

The assault on kids is a grave evil and a sin --the worst thing I've seen since I've been on this earth. We don't let 10 year old girls marry, so we are going to let them medically transition to male? We don't let young children drink alcohol, but we will plow them with harmful hormones and puberty blockers? We are letting 13 year old girls get procedures to remove their breasts because they hate their bodies?

And who told these girls their bodies were ugly?

this is a symptom of a sick society that has lost God and reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My point is there should not be legislation that takes children away from their parents because the kid wants to be transgender. With attitudes like I am seeing within this thread and others that are lock-step with people like DeSantis, it makes me question if I want to be a Christian because it seems the majority of Christians care about controlling those who aren't Christians and that is not at all who I am or want to be!
Are you saying that Christians should be fine with a parent allowing a paid medical professional to mutilate their child for purely cosmetic purposes?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
It should be noted that the AMA will do whatever increases profits for doctors and drug companies

The assault on kids is a grave evil and a sin --the worst thing I've seen since I've been on this earth. We don't let 10 year old girls marry, so we are going to let them medically transition to male? We don't let young children drink alcohol, but we will plow them with harmful hormones and puberty blockers? We are letting 13 year old girls get procedures to remove their breasts because they hate their bodies?

And who told these girls their bodies were ugly?

this is a symptom of a sick society that has lost God and reason.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you saying that Christians should be fine with a parent allowing a paid medical professional to mutilate their child for purely cosmetic purposes?

I am saying that if the parents and child went through counseling, and therapy, and were working with a doctor for a year, why should we tell them no?

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am saying that if the parents and child went through counseling, and therapy, and were working with a doctor for a year, why should we tell them no?
Parents did the same thing with depressed, psychotic, or mentally-challenged kids in the 30s and 40s, and elected to lobotomize those kids. Doctors were more than willing to provide those services, and were paid handsomely,

someone should have said "no", but no one did.

Upvote 0