Out of Curiousity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
:scratch:Why are women in A Tridentine Mass are supposed to wear head coverings? I ask this, because I saw it on a debate in Catholic Answers forums. Also, why do women not wear head coverings in the Novus Ordo mass? I want simple answers as to why (state the reason), but, I don't want reasons, as to should they bring it back or not , I just want answers as to why they stopped it in the Novus Ordo masses, but require it (from what I heard) in the Tridentine Masses. NO DEBATING on the issue!!, I just want straight up answers, not personal opinions! I've seen it get pretty ugly on the Catholic Answers forum, and thought I'd bring this to forum, where'd I'd hope no one would flame anyone about it, and I could get a better, more reasonable explaination.

Dolorosa

Jul 12, 2006
Florida
Visit site
✟7,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Here's an answer from a Latin mass Priest that was asked this question.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Q. What is the basis for women covering their heads in Church? Why was this long, long established custom of women covering their heads discontinued? (C.B., Dickinson, TX)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A.[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] I don't know exactly, but this is what I have heard. Roman officials were asked, after Vatican II: "What are the rules in the new liturgy about women wearing head coverings in church?" The answer given was: "There are none." "Then women don't have to cover their heads any more?" "Affirmative." The facts are: the Immemorial Liturgy rules never said a word about women wearing head covers. However, St. Paul (I Cor. 11) said this: "Every man praying or prophesying with his head covered, disgraces his head. But every woman praying or prophesying with her head uncovered disgraces her head, for it is the same as if she were shaven. For if a women is not covered, let her be shaven. But if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. A man indeed ought not to cover his head..." St. Paul obliges no one to cover her head, but then she must cut her hair off or be shaven. Very simple.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do you go to a Tridentine Mass?, And if you do, do wear a Headcovering? I'm curious. I have nothing against anyone if they don't. just so i you or anyone else knows, I don't think it bad of someone that doesn't do it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.