Out from the old, comes the new ? A new day... ... ...

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
from August 2, 2006 post: (the link might not work; I couldn't find any reference at all searching for the 'deerparkwashingtondisciples' ) There was another find though - Bercot's "Will the Theologians Please Sit Down" .... .... (just reading the summaries in the search was intriguing)

quote from closed thread: post by
Danfrey Warning -- Anabaptist views
✟1,080.00
+30
Anabaptist
I don't know if any of you have heard of this group. They are one of the house churches that David Bercot is in regular contact with. We have visited with them and can vouch for their wonderful spirit. When you get a chance, check them out. I think many on here will appreciate what they have to say on thier website. http://www.deerparkwashingtondisciples.net/believers/main.php

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Will the Theologians Please Sit Down | Book review
segment of the review:
"Bercot actually titles one of the chapters, Learning to Stand up to Theological Bullies. With a righteous passion that springs from a deep love for the children of the kingdom, Bercot says:

In the end, the theological bullies have largely had their way. From what I’ve observed, we kingdom Christians often are weak when it comes to evangelism. That’s because “keeping quiet” has been deeply etched into our collective psyche. We’ve thrown out the bulk of our forefather’s teachings and replaced them with the doctrines of those who have bullied us. When a person reads the typical doctrinal textbooks of today’s Anabaptists, Moravians, Brethren, and other kingdom Christians, he or she finds that they basically teach the doctrines of Athanasius, Augustine, Luther, and Calvin—with mere additions of nonresistance, free will, and the head covering. Do you grasp now what I said about Bercot being the brave “old man”? How many folks will stand up to such “big-name” theologians like Augustine, Luther, and Calvin? How many will walk up to them and say calmly but firmly, “Will you please sit down?” ... ... ..."

• Agree
Reactions: SteveIndy
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What are some things you get out of this, please? . . . that we can discuss.
Refreshing truth, as also found in the book: "Will the Real Heretics Please STand Up" ...

Searching for Ekkelsia, no matter where, everywhere, whatever Yahweh's Plan Is.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
segment of the review:
"Bercot actually titles one of the chapters, Learning to Stand up to Theological Bullies. With a righteous passion that springs from a deep love for the children of the kingdom, Bercot says:

In the end, the theological bullies have largely had their way. From what I’ve observed, we kingdom Christians often are weak when it comes to evangelism. That’s because “keeping quiet” has been deeply etched into our collective psyche. We’ve thrown out the bulk of our forefather’s teachings and replaced them with the doctrines of those who have bullied us. When a person reads the typical doctrinal textbooks of today’s Anabaptists, Moravians, Brethren, and other kingdom Christians, he or she finds that they basically teach the doctrines of Athanasius, Augustine, Luther, and Calvin—with mere additions of nonresistance, free will, and the head covering. Do you grasp now what I said about Bercot being the brave “old man”? How many folks will stand up to such “big-name” theologians like Augustine, Luther, and Calvin? How many will walk up to them and say calmly but firmly, “Will you please sit down?” ... ... ..."
Are the Anabaptists like the Quakers?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Are the Anabaptists like the Quakers?
I don't understand the Quakers enough to know.

Even some (one or more) who labeled themselves Anabaptists on this forum would not be allowed in the Anabaptist's assembly of Ekklesia as far as I am aware !

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Refreshing truth, as also found in the book: "Will the Real Heretics Please STand Up" ...

Searching for Ekkelsia, no matter where, everywhere, whatever Yahweh's Plan Is.

Ahh.. I have to turn my phone on its side to see what faith group members belong to and never realized until now that you believed in Anabaptist..

makes sense.. it explains commonalities as well as differences. :)

I didn't know Anabaptist called God YHWH though, I had always thought that was limited to Messianic Jews..

Interesting..

Sorry, this was off topic. haha..

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand the Quakers enough to know.

Even some (one or more) who labeled themselves Anabaptists on this forum would not be allowed in the Anabaptist's assembly of Ekklesia as far as I am aware !
I attended a friends meeting several weeks in a building the size of a house. The Quakers are non-violent. They sat in silence in metal folding chairs and spoke one at a time, if they thought their messages were inspired. Most of them are married. Some of the members of the group I attended helped refugees.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I attended a friends meeting several weeks in a building the size of a house. The Quakers are non-violent. They sat in silence in metal folding chairs and spoke one at a time, if they thought their messages were inspired. Most of them are married. Some of the members of the group I attended helped refugees.
Decades ago I attended one or two meetings. They were just like you observed also.

I did not learn about their lives though, outside the meetings, or how they lived.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Ahh.. I have to turn my phone on its side to see what faith group members belong to and never realized until now that you believed in Anabaptist..

makes sense.. it explains commonalities as well as differences. :)

I didn't know Anabaptist called God YHWH though, I had always thought that was limited to Messianic Jews..

Interesting..

Sorry, this was off topic. haha..
No worries at all.... glad to hear (and re the phone- others likewise on phones, don't see as much as on desktops or laptops or ipads or condos)

Few Anabaptists perhaps use the Hebrew Name(s) of Yahuweh.

Anabaptists are a peculiar mix, the one common factor unchangeable (except on this forum, or in other exceptions the last hundred years) , is the one rule:

"Follow Jesus"

(sometimes noted as "The Secret" of the power of the Anabaptists and <all> Ekklesia today and in the NT and in the centuries between)

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Anabaptists are a peculiar mix, the one common factor unchangeable (except on this forum, or in other exceptions the last hundred years) , is the one rule:

"Follow Jesus"

excerpt illustrating what Anabaptists were known for: (Godly True Lives, Abiding in Jesus)
"Caspar denies being a heretic. Declaring himself to be a good Lutheran, he emphatically declares that he has nothing to do with those Anabaptists. When his neighbors begin testifying, Caspar gets nervous; they tell how he is an envious man, quarrelsome, a swearer and a curser who nearly always carries a knife with him.

But to Caspar’s great relief, he is declared innocent. The judge explains:

The witnesses are uniform in testifying that you are an envious and quarrelsome man. You frequently curse in public, and you go about town carrying weapons. You are a thoroughly disagreeable man, justly hated by your fellow townsmen. But, fortunately, you are obviously not one of those detestable heretics, the Anabaptists. For the life you live is exactly opposite theirs. They would never have you. You are just as you say, an orthodox Christian."

• Agree
Reactions: SteveIndy
Upvote 0