Our very own Nathan Poe

J

Jazer

I don't know if this has been brought up already, but Nathan Poe and Poe's law were mentioned on Cracked.com.
I noticed that when recently we went to see the movie 2012 at the theater. I have seen things like this on the silver screen for a long time and they do not ever seem to come true. But this time I was watching TV at 2 in the morning and all of a sudden the same sort of pictures I saw at the movie theater were showing up on my smaller TV screen. It is not even 2012 yet and the movie has already come true in Japan. It is getting difficult to tell the difference between doomsday prophecy and real life.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I noticed that when recently we went to see the movie 2012 at the theater. I have seen things like this on the silver screen for a long time and they do not ever seem to come true. But this time I was watching TV at 2 in the morning and all of a sudden the same sort of pictures I saw at the movie theater were showing up on my smaller TV screen. It is not even 2012 yet and the movie has already come true in Japan. It is getting difficult to tell the difference between doomsday prophecy and real life.

THE NEUTRINOS! GRAAAH!

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Only it hasn't come true at all, has it? I mean, natural disasters happen all the time. They've at least been happening since we've been around to record them, and it's a pretty safe bet (unless your screen name is dad) that they've always happened.

For one, the earth quake i Japan was cause by the usual geological means.

In the 2012 movie, they attributed the destruction to...
...an excess of neutrinos from the sun heating up the earth's crust like the electrons in a microwave oven - which, by the way, is pure fiction.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if this has been brought up already, but Nathan Poe and Poe's law were mentioned on Cracked.com.

HERE

Long live and widely spread Poe's Law! :clap:

I've noticed this one myself, and would like to thank all the little people who have made me the internet meme I am today. :preach:

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed this one myself, and would like to thank all the little people who have made me the internet meme I am today. :preach:

Not to remind you of how old you're getting, but I've noticed there are young people posting online these days who refer matter of factly to Poe's Law but have no idea whence or from whom the Law stems. It's been a meme all their online lives, since they were kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stop gloating and get back to work. There is an internet to be conquered. ;)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,917,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stop gloating and get back to work. There is an internet to be conquered. ;)
He's too busy telling me all about Narcissus to look in the pool, himself.

Besides, his self-appointed task is to 'replace my divinity with his own', and he's finding that a bit of a challenge.

But he's persistent -- not as much as he used to be -- but still there.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
He's too busy telling me all about Narcissus to look in the pool, himself.

Now, now, AV -- don't be bitter just because we've all got you figured out.

I never planned on nor expected Poe's Law to ever extend beyond Cf -- and yet I've accomplished more by accident than you've managed after years of nothing but self-promotion.

Besides, his self-appointed task is to 'replace my divinity with his own', and he's finding that a bit of a challenge.

I find your obsession with me to be simultaneously quaint and creepy.

But he's persistent -- not as much as he used to be -- but still there.

I am a busy man, AV -- too busy to play now. Run along.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟916,124.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0